Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

I remember Watson being really damn good his last 2 years. Doing some incredible things on the field. He has taken some time off. Will that affect him? Maybe, but it's not like they're saying Tua or Sam Darnold  is better. Watson was really, really good before his issues. Like top 5 good, if not higher.

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I remember Watson being really damn good his last 2 years. Doing some incredible things on the field. He has taken some time off. Will that affect him? Maybe, but it's not like they're saying Tua or Sam Darnold  is better. Watson was really, really good before his issues. Like top 5 good, if not higher.

I guess my memory isn't that good - others on the thread have said the same.  I have never been all that impressed w/ him. He has a lot of skills, but I just don't put him on the level of an Allen or Mahomes, and I'd even say Herbert & Burrow are better (among the younger QB's).

14 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Your opinion and mine.  I'm okay with it.  

Yes, I respect that. I'm just curious what you see to think that because I can't find anything at all. Or maybe you're yanking my chain? Lol...there isn't any QB I can think off top of my head other than Lamar running the ball that can top those amazing plays we have seen Allen from his rookie year til most recent season. 

Did you confuse Watson with Lamar maybe?

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I guess my memory isn't that good - others on the thread have said the same.  I have never been all that impressed w/ him. He has a lot of skills, but I just don't put him on the level of an Allen or Mahomes, and I'd even say Herbert & Burrow are better (among the younger QB's).

WARNING: Don't watch the play at the 1 minute mark. It's a magical play...vs us in the playoffs.

Edited by Dopey
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him behind Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert & Watson.

I actually have issues w/ all of those names being ranked ahead of Allen.  I get the deference for Brady, but would anyone really want him over Allen RIGHT NOW?  Rogers I can understand more.  Herbert has done nothing in the league.  Burrow looks to be very good, but hasn't shown nearly the versatility & clutch play that Allen has (imo).

But Watson?

I don't really get it - not just Keyshawn's take, but a still fairly large group of pundits who can't seem to break away from what they thought of Allen in the draft, or his rookie season.  I get that it's not that important, and in general, prefer it when the Bills are disrespected, but it just seems like I'm living on a different planet than some of these guys.

EDIT:  he also had Mahomes ahead of Allen (which is one I completely get, though I think is closer than most)

Give Credit to Watson, imo, he had one of the great NFL playoff comebacks of all time versus the Bills and Josh Allen.  I would say it was 90% Watson taking the team on his back and willing the Texans to win.  Down 16 point middle of Q3 he wins.  No that was spectacular, the one play where Watson escaped two would be tacklers was a hard to believe play.

And I am big a fan as anyone of Allen but you have to give Watson credit.

I would rather have Perfect fit for Buffalo, great guy...can anyone say the same thing about  watson?  Plus Watson is off now for a year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's the betting favorite to win the MVP.  That means more than Keyshawn "Throw me the damn ball" Johnson says.

If Keyshawn or Booger are talking, I try to be listening to something else. 

Keyshawn….nuff said. He’ll be fired and looking for work within the year imo.  Not made for tv….or radio….No one wants to hear his ignant takes.  

If you know nba basketball well and you want to have some laughs, listen to any Keyshawn take on the nba.  Dude is so far off I can’t comprehend how he gets paid for his takes.

• Like (+1) 1

#1. Brady is still Brady, even at 45 until we see him fall off

#2. Rodgers still does everything he did 10 years ago

#3. Mahomes I give the slightest of edges to over Allen. That's likely to be a different view after the upcoming season with no Tyreek Hill. 

#4. Allen, who is still climbing this list and hasn't even reached his full potential yet. 

#5. Burrow is exactly who they drafted him to be and will continue to grow. 

#6. Herbert is well on his way also. 

#7. Lamar Jackson. Despite his inconsistencies, he's still a bigger threat than anyone else below him. 

#8. Matt Stafford. LA traded for him and they win the SB. His numbers speak for themselves. 

#9. Deshaun Watson belongs here. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

#1. Brady is still Brady, even at 45 until we see him fall off

#2. Rodgers still does everything he did 10 years ago

#3. Mahomes I give the slightest of edges to over Allen. That's likely to be a different view after the upcoming season with no Tyreek Hill. 

#4. Allen, who is still climbing this list and hasn't even reached his full potential yet. 

#5. Burrow is exactly who they drafted him to be and will continue to grow. 

#6. Herbert is well on his way also. 

#7. Lamar Jackson. Despite his inconsistencies, he's still a bigger threat than anyone else below him. 

#8. Matt Stafford. LA traded for him and they win the SB. His numbers speak for themselves. 

#9. Deshaun Watson belongs here. 

This seems like a pretty fair list, I think there is a lot of hype on Watson right now because he's essentially a confirmed franchise QB that the only thing missing is getting to the big game and winning it, that's a big deal so for the last couple years there's been all this talk about teams mortgaging their futures in order to get him. This has made people think he's at the top of the pile which just isn't true yet, he's definitely a guy a franchise player but so are the rest of them on this list and he hasn't done enough to prove he's above them yet.

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I always knew they had the retractable roof, but just didn't pay enough attention to them to be sure how often they closed it. But yeah, kinda weird teams in places with mostly nice weather play in domes

it is interesting that every professional stadium in houston has a dome. astrodome, minute maid and reliant. never paid much attention to reliant, but looked it up and it is a fabric retractable roof. saw an article from 2019 or 2020 saying they were opening it up for first time in 6 years. opens in 6 minutes!  i guess they like to keep it shut for crowd noise, not weather. 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So he had Watson, Herbert and Burrow ahead of Josh and Mahomes...that's just stupid.

That’s just being stupid for stupid’s sake.

Further evidence of why I do not watch or listen to anything he is on. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.