Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I just watched the video.  Stephen A. and Marcus both blasted him because of how he was cherry picking specific things about each player at a given time about what he likes about them and saying Allen isn't a top 5 QB right now, because Daboll isn't the OC anymore.

Was really an awful take and seems like he just doesn't like Allen.

Think it is more about Keyshawn being a Bill's hater he normally always has something critical to say.

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

When just one of those ***** QB's they listed ahead of Allen has a month like Allen did to end the season, they can then get back to me but I won't hold my breath waiting because none of them are capable of a stretch like that.

Allen is the very best the league has to offer at QB.

Last year Allen proved to be "money" in the playoffs and opened people's eyes around the country of just how good he really is. Allen will win a Super Bowl for the Bills provided they don't **** the bed again like 13 seconds. 

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Think it is more about Keyshawn being a Bill's hater he normally always has something critical to say.

He was a Jet so I can understand the Bills hatred.

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Could be the case.  But there are plenty of people like that in the media that still give an unbiased opinion.  Hell, even Nick Wright said he wouldn't talk bad about Allen/Bills anymore because of last years playoffs.

I know the one guy on the Pat Mcafee show is a big Pats fan and he talks trash but he still shows respect for what Allen/Bills are doing.

Watson was better coming out of college than Josh Allen because Watson had the benefit of some of the best coaching in college football.  Of course, we all know about Josh's path to the NFL.  I think there are still a few idiots out there who can't get over Josh Allen's humble beginnings.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

This.  Watson is a great runner, better than Allen.  He has a great arm, close to Allen.   He's probably behind Allen in field generalship.   Herbert's close; Burrow is a Joe Montana type but can't match Allen and Watson physically, and he's probably behind Herbert, too. 

What makes you believe this?? I see nothing that makes one come to that conclusion. Looking back when Watson did take off with the ball and comparing to what we have seen Allen do running, there's absolutely nothing there to come to this conclusion. 

If anything Allen has all the "jaw dropping, amazing" plays making one question if he's human or not. I'm not saying Watson isn't a good runner, just have no idea where you believe he is better than Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This.  Watson is a great runner, better than Allen.  He has a great arm, close to Allen.   He's probably behind Allen in field generalship.   Herbert's close; Burrow is a Joe Montana type but can't match Allen and Watson physically, and he's probably behind Herbert, too. 

image.thumb.png.d38eccd7baaab440da2ad560bf93aaf6.pngimage.thumb.png.7c2ef6aa4ffdad264416331aadc84f65.png

Watson is not the better runner.  They are even or Allen is better.  I think people haven't looked at Watson's stats in a while.  He is not some generational player here. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsrul120 said:

image.thumb.png.d38eccd7baaab440da2ad560bf93aaf6.pngimage.thumb.png.7c2ef6aa4ffdad264416331aadc84f65.png

Watson is not the better runner.  They are even or Allen is better.  I think people haven't looked at Watson's stats in a while.  He is not some generational player here. 

Agree. not sure about you but I don't recall Watson hurdling over defenders with ease or faking a defender so bad he nearly came out his shoes and fell down. Did that to a CB too if I'm not mistaken and CB's suppose to be pretty good on their feet. 

I don't recall Watson impressing anywhere near that extent 

3 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Watson's narrative before the Bills playoff win was 1 and done in the playoffs and people not being sure if he could win the big games. After that his team collapsed and people were amazed how good his stats were playing on a terrible team.

Watson gets no respect at this board; I think he's quite a good QB.

He's in no way better than Josh Allen though!  Nor is Burrow or Herbert, at least yet.

Brady has done enough to be ranked No. 1, almost as an honorary title, until he retires.

Rodgers is 2 (or vice versa).

But no, you wouldn't trade Allen for either of them NOW, when you consider the age differential!

You could argue that Brady and/or Rodgers are "better" QBs than Allen, based on stats or wins.  That said, given their age, NO GM in the NFL would take either of them over Allen right now.   Mahomes and Herbert are in Allen's age bracket, both have great arms and are mobile, like Allen, so you could argue for one of them.  Mahomes has also made it to multiple SB's, winning one.   Watson is a really good player, but has lots of baggage (LOTS) and I don't think his talent is better than Allen, Mahomes, or Herbert, and he has not made it to any SBs.

• Like (+1) 1

Right now, Josh is the best player at the QB position in football when you add it all up (considering for age, experience, skill, athleticism just all the ways he is a threat).

I would guess that most GM's would agree with this.

Keyshawn is a nimrod.

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 2

Here's proof that Watson is not better than Josh.  Watson won 4 games as an established franchise QB in his 4th season & hasn't taken a snap since.  Can you imagine Josh playing a full season & the Bills winning 4 games?  Even when Josh was a raw rookie, with no O-line or WRs, in 11 starts the Bills won 5 games.  Josh is a winner & Watson is a loser.  

23 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Exactly.....when he is on NFL Live with Marcus Spears and Orlavsky, it is completely unwatchable. 

I like Ike to call them “The Three Stooges”, then change the channel.

Its amazing these guys get paid for their trash takes.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him behind Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert & Watson.

I actually have issues w/ all of those names being ranked ahead of Allen.  I get the deference for Brady, but would anyone really want him over Allen RIGHT NOW?  Rogers I can understand more.  Herbert has done nothing in the league.  Burrow looks to be very good, but hasn't shown nearly the versatility & clutch play that Allen has (imo).

But Watson?

I don't really get it - not just Keyshawn's take, but a still fairly large group of pundits who can't seem to break away from what they thought of Allen in the draft, or his rookie season.  I get that it's not that important, and in general, prefer it when the Bills are disrespected, but it just seems like I'm living on a different planet than some of these guys.

EDIT:  he also had Mahomes ahead of Allen (which is one I completely get, though I think is closer than most)

Here is your answer to who’s better?  Watson gets all his yardage in garbage time when he is losing a game also Watson has just 1 playoff win in his career and only reason for that was a Cody ford phantom call that the league admits it was a mistake.    Allen has to do it against the likes of Belicheat every year and also Allen has won more playoff games in his 5 year then Watson has in his whole career.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Watson gets no respect at this board; I think he's quite a good QB.

He's in no way better than Josh Allen though!  Nor is Burrow or Herbert, at least yet.

Brady has done enough to be ranked No. 1, almost as an honorary title, until he retires.

Rodgers is 2 (or vice versa).

But no, you wouldn't trade Allen for either of them NOW, when you consider the age differential!

That's what is being said, that Allen is better. Where do you get "Watson gets no respect"? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.