Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

Yeah, Id take someone to task for saying that.  Especially considering the year-off, possible/probable suspension and potential distractions.

Rodgers and Mahomes, no problem both have had seasons recently exceeding Allen and no reason to think they cant/wont do it again. 

Hebert and Burrow are interesting and I could see a strong case, although Id like to see another season for each as well as Hebert carry the Chargers into the postseason. 

Id take Allen over Brady without much hesitation.  IMO, 2019-2022 Brady needs a stacked offense and team to succeed to mask his physical limitations.  Allen, while he is on a really good team, is just so much stronger and faster than Brady at this point I wouldnt 'choose' Brady for the 2022 season.  

• Agree 1

I am a Burrow and Herbert fan. Both great Qb's. But, hell no they are not better than Allen. Have either of them ever taken over a truly important game and willed their offense the way Allen did in the KC game? Nope. Because they can't. Because they are not Josh Allen.

edit: And don't go there with a qb that didn't play last year and didn't do jack the year prior. Watson is top 10, but Mahomes and Allen are the definitely superior.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Watson has won 1 playoff game, Allen has won 3. Josh has gotten to the AFC Championship game Watson has only ever gotten to the divisional round. People are giving Watson way too much credit for playing well with a terrible team in the last season he played.

So by this logic, Burrow now has 3 playoff wins and has gotten to the Super Bowl, which Josh hasn't. Doesn't that mean Burrow should be listed above Allen?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So he had Watson, Herbert and Burrow ahead of Josh and Mahomes...that's just stupid.

Burrow has had some really great games - and has some really solid playmakers.  But the sack rate will be high as he just doesn't have the elusiveness in the pocket that mahomes and allen have.  Sacks are basically mini-turnovers.  

Watson holds the ball more than either, and a year off away from practice and coaches probably didn't help.  He's a young Wilson in my eyes.  

Herbert has a cannon, and does make some great wow plays.  But he also throws half of his targets to allen and ekeler on short passes.  

Mahomes and Allen are the ones most capable of just willing your team to victory, but also most capable of forcing passes.  

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Yeah, Id take someone to task for saying that.  Especially considering the year-off, possible/probable suspension and potential distractions.

Rodgers and Mahomes, no problem both have had seasons recently exceeding Allen and no reason to think they cant/wont do it again. 

Hebert and Burrow are interesting and I could see a strong case, although Id like to see another season for each as well as Hebert carry the Chargers into the postseason. 

Id take Allen over Brady without much hesitation.  IMO, 2019-2022 Brady needs a stacked offense and team to succeed to mask his physical limitations.  Allen, while he is on a really good team, is just so much stronger and faster than Brady at this point I wouldnt 'choose' Brady for the 2022 season.  

I think Big Ben got off light all things considered, it took a long time too  but that was not today.

That guy is going to get ruthlessly booed in every stadium, and i don't think there's a way for the NFL to change that narrative.  There's a lot of people who "believe him" and "support him" but i dunno... I just feel like the vocal people in this situation are going to hate this guy til hes gone.  

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

So by this logic, Burrow now has 3 playoff wins and has gotten to the Super Bowl, which Josh hasn't. Doesn't that mean Burrow should be listed above Allen?

You'd have more of a leg to stand on for that debate than for Watson that's for sure.

In my opinion, the best QBs in the NFL are:

- Aaron Rodgers

- Patrick Mahomes

- Josh Allen

- Deshaun Watson

Without being a Bills homer, it's really hard to find separation between those guys.  You really could rank them in any order, and it would be tough to find a legitimate argument why they were wrong. 

Personally I give Rodgers the edge because of how long he's been elite.  He's been at the top for almost 15 years and won numerous MVP awards.  But does that mean he's better in 2022?  Not necessarily.

People forget how good Watson was between 2018-2020... on possibly the most dysfunctional team in the NFL.  It's fair to question if the year off will change that.  But he's just as likely to pickup where he left off.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him behind Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert & Watson.

I actually have issues w/ all of those names being ranked ahead of Allen.  I get the deference for Brady, but would anyone really want him over Allen RIGHT NOW?  Rogers I can understand more.  Herbert has done nothing in the league.  Burrow looks to be very good, but hasn't shown nearly the versatility & clutch play that Allen has (imo).

But Watson?

I don't really get it - not just Keyshawn's take, but a still fairly large group of pundits who can't seem to break away from what they thought of Allen in the draft, or his rookie season.  I get that it's not that important, and in general, prefer it when the Bills are disrespected, but it just seems like I'm living on a different planet than some of these guys.

EDIT:  he also had Mahomes ahead of Allen (which is one I completely get, though I think is closer than most)

Josh is top 4 imho Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen are my rank. After that Watson, Burrows and Herbet. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him behind Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert & Watson.

I actually have issues w/ all of those names being ranked ahead of Allen.  I get the deference for Brady, but would anyone really want him over Allen RIGHT NOW?  Rogers I can understand more.  Herbert has done nothing in the league.  Burrow looks to be very good, but hasn't shown nearly the versatility & clutch play that Allen has (imo).

But Watson?

I don't really get it - not just Keyshawn's take, but a still fairly large group of pundits who can't seem to break away from what they thought of Allen in the draft, or his rookie season.  I get that it's not that important, and in general, prefer it when the Bills are disrespected, but it just seems like I'm living on a different planet than some of these guys.

EDIT:  he also had Mahomes ahead of Allen (which is one I completely get, though I think is closer than most)

Keyshawn is a clown!  Who cares about his hot takes?  He is annoying and really uninformed when it comes to our Bills...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What a *****in' joke.  Josh behind Watson because McChoke.  Is there any doubt that if we brought home the Lombardi like we should have, that the rest of the NFL would know what every Bills fan knows?  Namely that Josh Allen is the best PLAYER, let alone QB, in the NFL.  GTF outta here with this weak-ass *****

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

In my opinion, the best QBs in the NFL are:

- Aaron Rodgers

- Patrick Mahomes

- Josh Allen

- Deshaun Watson

Without being a Bills homer, it's really hard to find separation between those guys.  You really could rank them in any order, and it would be tough to find a legitimate argument why they were wrong. 

Personally I give Rodgers the edge because of how long he's been elite.  He's been at the top for almost 15 years and won numerous MVP awards.  But does that mean he's better in 2022?  Not necessarily.

People forget how good Watson was between 2018-2020... on possibly the most dysfunctional team in the NFL.  It's fair to question if the year off will change that.  But he's just as likely to pickup where he left off.

Brady is still playing at a high level and he is the GOAT. I would replace Watson with Brady. Deshaun hasn't played in a game in a long time either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.