Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

On 4/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

I  believe Josh is the best all around QB in the NFL.

Having said that...  whether Josh is at #1, #3, or #5, we have finally found our elite franchise QB and our decades long wandering through the QB wastelands is over.

And…….as the face of the franchise, I’d rather have the guy you’d want your daughter to marry. On the surface, that is no contest. 

Superficial, I know, but it is entertainment. None of us know what’s beneath the surface, but I know which way I lean. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

TIL 2019 Brady had a stacked offense

They weren't, but he was pedestrian that season and his age limitations showed.  Their defense carried them and Brady threw a walk-off pick-6.  Then he writes his ticket into an all star team on offense and he is great.

It's not a "brady sucks" post.  It's remarkable he is doing what he is doing.  If I'm the Carolina Panthers and I get a choice of any QB for a 1-year contract for this coming season, Brady wouldn't be in my top-5.

Allen is a top 3 QB with Mahommes and Rodgers. Nobody else is in the conversation.  I wouldn't trade him for either. 

As for the OP stating Herbert has done nothing? That is so far from the truth. Herbert's first two year stats blow away Allen's.  66% completion percentage,  QB rating of 97.9. 69 TD against 25 INT.  He is playing at an incredible level.  If he plays as well this year, the Chargers will win that division and will be the the primary obstacle to the Bills making the SuperBowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

So I guess I’m not as cool as everyone else in here and I actually don’t mind watching ESPN. I saw the segment. Personally I think the OP is twisting things a bit here to fit the disrespected narrative…. He leaves out the fact that the other 2 debaters on the show looked at him like he was absolutely crazy. 

I’ll admit I’ve been guilty up to this year of being an overly sensitive bills fan but I havnt seen much of anyone saying Allen isn’t at the very least a top 5 qb. Heck, even  Nick Wright said he may be the 2nd best qb in the league after his playoff run…. And literally nobody has doubled down on Allen slander as much as wright. 

All this being said, for some odd reason Keyshawn has consistently gone out of his way to put Allen down. In 2020 he called him just the “flavor of the month” going into the playoffs and then by mid season this last year he doubled down on that saying he still hadn’t seen enough. He’s an imbecile 

So In the post above I mentioned heading into 2020’s playoffs keyshawn called him the flavor of the month. And then reference a clip from last season where he doubled down on that in 2021. Here’s that clip. This is after Allen quite literally put the team on his back over the last month of the season culminating in the wildcard beat down. Yikes… 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So In the post above I mentioned heading into last years playoffs keyshawn called him the flavor of the month. And then reference a clip from last season where he doubled down on that. Here’s that clip. This is after Allen quite literally put the team on his back over the last month of the season culminating in the wildcard beat down. Yikes… 

I mean all you need is to see his face at the end to know he knows he's full of *****.

15 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

They weren't, but he was pedestrian that season and his age limitations showed.  Their defense carried them and Brady threw a walk-off pick-6.  Then he writes his ticket into an all star team on offense and he is great.

It's not a "brady sucks" post.  It's remarkable he is doing what he is doing.  If I'm the Carolina Panthers and I get a choice of any QB for a 1-year contract for this coming season, Brady wouldn't be in my top-5.

Eh considering Brady is a FA magnet and better GM than most actual GMs he's definitely top 5. Plus he was elite last season. Led the league in pretty much everything

Edited by MafiaMio

On 4/13/2022 at 5:40 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Selective memory 

I think the script is setting up Keyshawn opinion that losing daboll is gonna adversely effect Allen and when he proves the success is more Allen than any playcalling well then the focus will be that Allen has mastered reading the defenses and his audibles into perfect plays for what he sees. And then they will add in some timely no huddle when the opponents are already reeling from the Allen assault on their defense.  OCs across the league are gonna be unable to stop Allen when they can't surprise him and 

He carves them up passing and running leaving their defense utterly dominated.  I dunno if Keyshawn will ever give Josh his due or the Bills seems like he just hates them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

I think the script is setting up Keyshawn opinion that losing daboll is gonna adversely effect Allen and when he proves the success is more Allen than any playcalling well then the focus will be that Allen has mastered reading the defenses and his audibles into perfect plays for what he sees. And then they will add in some timely no huddle when the opponents are already reeling from the Allen assault on their defense.  OCs across the league are gonna be unable to stop Allen when they can't surprise him and 

He carves them up passing and running leaving their defense utterly dominated.  I dunno if Keyshawn will ever give Josh his due or the Bills seems like he just hates them. 

Yeah, heard him talk about that.  Then he goes on to say that the Cheaters will be good despite losing McDaniel as their OC (who is a bigger loss?).  And Watson won't have BOB as his OC.  That's what makes him a moron.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/14/2022 at 12:24 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen is a top 3 QB with Mahommes and Rodgers. Nobody else is in .  I wouldn't trade him for either. the conversation

As for the OP stating Herbert has done nothing? That is so far from the truth. Herbert's first two year stats blow away Allen's.  66% completion percentage,  QB rating of 97.9. 69 TD against 25 INT.  He is playing at an incredible level.  If he plays as well this year, the Chargers will win that division and will be the the primary obstacle to the Bills making the SuperBowl. 

When Brady decided to come back you have to make it top 4. Rank them anyway you want between Allen, Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers. These are the top 4 QB's in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

How did Keyshawn get to be a credible source of judging NFL QB talent? He was a petulant jerk as an underachieving receiver with the Jets. Stephen A told him he was somewhere in outer space claiming DeSean Watson better than Josh. He lost any credibility with that imbecilic statement. Please, no more Keyshawn pronouncements. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.