Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

21 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

It's just opinions....those on this board are biased toward Allen.  Media members have their own biases.  I hear a lot in the national media putting Allen right there with Mahomes, dont be butthurt, just move on.

Opinions are normally based on some sort of knowledge gained by experience/perception.

The fact that Keyshawn said he watched something like 10 games of Herbert (including college) make we wonder how many Bills game he's watched.   

I don't watch basketball, but I will say LeBron isn't better than Jordan. 

Can you really take my opinion seriously?

There's not a single alternative NFL QB option that I'd want on the Buffalo Bills over Josh Allen.

Other teams like KC, Cincinnati, GB and LA can say the same about their QBs.

That's fine and those fans are not necessarily wrong. 

In any given year the team that has the QB who hoists the Lombardi is "right" in that moment.

All of the debate outside of that is useless.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Opinions are normally based on some sort of knowledge gained by experience/perception.

The fact that Keyshawn said he watched something like 10 games of Herbert (including college) make we wonder how many Bills game he's watched.   

I don't watch basketball, but I will say LeBron isn't better than Jordan. 

Can you really take my opinion seriously?

Opinions can be based on anything, they are opinions, it's subjective they will be all over the place.   Some people will always point to super bowls to shut down anyone who does not have one.  People will cut it any way they can to make their point.  Only look at first two years, bam Herbert looks better than Allen.   

If you look at Watson, they both have 4 years of stats and from pure passing numbers you can definitely make an argument for Watson.  If you look at win/loss then Allen looks better.  Allen has great postseason stats with the one caveat of the game in Houston when Watson brought them back from 16 points to win against Allen.

Dont take any of this as my opinion....I dont really care about who ranks QB's where, I want the Bills to win Super Bowls.  

54 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Opinions can be based on anything, they are opinions, it's subjective they will be all over the place.   Some people will always point to super bowls to shut down anyone who does not have one.  People will cut it any way they can to make their point.  Only look at first two years, bam Herbert looks better than Allen.   

If you look at Watson, they both have 4 years of stats and from pure passing numbers you can definitely make an argument for Watson.  If you look at win/loss then Allen looks better.  Allen has great postseason stats with the one caveat of the game in Houston when Watson brought them back from 16 points to win against Allen.

Dont take any of this as my opinion....I dont really care about who ranks QB's where, I want the Bills to win Super Bowls.  

Sure. And opinions can also be really stupid and ill-informed.... generally if opinions are "all over the place", somebody in the discussion shouldnt be commenting on it.

We're all entitled to opinions. We're also all entitled to point out how ignorant and inaccurate they are.

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

There's not a single alternative NFL QB option that I'd want on the Buffalo Bills over Josh Allen.

Agree 100% and this is what it boils down to. I ranked 3 QB's ahead of Allen at this time. Brady, Rodgers, and narrowly Mahomes. Even though I did that, there is absolutely no other QB in the NFL that I would pick right now over Allen. Allen is Top 5 and he hasn't even reached his full potential yet. We saw a glimpse of it in the two Playoff games against NE and KC. The only reason KC won is because of an atrocious 13 seconds. Mahomes wasn't special like Allen in that game. The last two scores in regulation came off of busted coverages, the Tyreek Hill TD with about 50 yds of YAC and against the 13 second defense which was basically like a layup drill. That deep ball to Gabe Davis was in the air 62 yards, hit him right on the money, and in perfect stride. Josh converted multiple 4th downs in the clutch as well. At some point in the near future most of the bobbleheads, minus the bums like Keyshawn, will herald Allen as the best QB in the NFL. That time is coming soon. In a way though, I kind of like when these idiots get to talking. I know Josh sees it and it just pushes him even more because that's the type of chip he carries. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Right now I would settle for one and then go from there. But at least get one. This fanbase deserves it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Sure. And opinions can also be really stupid and ill-informed.... generally if opinions are "all over the place", somebody in the discussion shouldnt be commenting on it.

We're all entitled to opinions. We're also all entitled to point out how ignorant and inaccurate they are.

Which... is your opinion!   These sports shows are about keeping eyes on the TV or ears to the speakers, getting people to talk about them like what they are saying.....like this thread  Its about being funny/over the top.  It is about ratings, not having the most sound analysis...that would be boring, all the shows would be the same.  

• Like (+1) 1

i stopped reading after i read "Keyshawn's List".   :)   not sure how he still has a job tbh.   he's terrible as an analyst.   his takes are beyond bad.   he's not well spoken.  most of the time he looks disinterested in whats even happening.   meh.

putting away my bills fan hat,  id still take Josh over anybody on that list.   Brady is almost done,  Rodgers is a regular season hero only,  Burrows is one dimensional,  Watson was ok,  who knows what he is now,   and Mahomes is right there with Josh, but i think id still rather have Josh.

left off Herbert cuz he's not in that tier yet.  hes close tho.   still take Josh.    

Edited by bigduke6

it's still comes down to championships, wins and losses, and who has the most productivity and I'm sticking with  Josh Allen 

it's still comes down to championships, wins and losses, and who has the most productivity and I'm sticking with  Josh Allen 

On 4/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, May Day 10 said:

Yeah, Id take someone to task for saying that.  Especially considering the year-off, possible/probable suspension and potential distractions.

Rodgers and Mahomes, no problem both have had seasons recently exceeding Allen and no reason to think they cant/wont do it again. 

Hebert and Burrow are interesting and I could see a strong case, although Id like to see another season for each as well as Hebert carry the Chargers into the postseason. 

Id take Allen over Brady without much hesitation.  IMO, 2019-2022 Brady needs a stacked offense and team to succeed to mask his physical limitations.  Allen, while he is on a really good team, is just so much stronger and faster than Brady at this point I wouldnt 'choose' Brady for the 2022 season.  

TIL 2019 Brady had a stacked offense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.