Deshaun Watson better than Allen?

Success

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him behind Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert & Watson.

I actually have issues w/ all of those names being ranked ahead of Allen.  I get the deference for Brady, but would anyone really want him over Allen RIGHT NOW?  Rogers I can understand more.  Herbert has done nothing in the league.  Burrow looks to be very good, but hasn't shown nearly the versatility & clutch play that Allen has (imo).

But Watson?

I don't really get it - not just Keyshawn's take, but a still fairly large group of pundits who can't seem to break away from what they thought of Allen in the draft, or his rookie season.  I get that it's not that important, and in general, prefer it when the Bills are disrespected, but it just seems like I'm living on a different planet than some of these guys.

EDIT:  he also had Mahomes ahead of Allen (which is one I completely get, though I think is closer than most)

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I  believe Josh is the best all around QB in the NFL.

Having said that...  whether Josh is at #1, #3, or #5, we have finally found our elite franchise QB and our decades long wandering through the QB wastelands is over.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Did anyone see that heated debate on First Take just now? They were debating if Allen is a top 5 QB in the league.  Keyshawn had him at #6 - behind Brady, Rogers, Herbert, Burrow & Watson.

ESPN?

my first take is to turn the channel 

BUT to the point 

D Watson was tearing it up in HOU until he got his ribs crushed 

In Year 2, he suffered a broken rib and a collapsed lung. In Year 3, he bruised his back in the opener and has now been sacked 102 times in 29 career starts.

he just wasn’t the same Stats wise after 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Watson has won 1 playoff game, Allen has won 3. Josh has gotten to the AFC Championship game Watson has only ever gotten to the divisional round. People are giving Watson way too much credit for playing well with a terrible team in the last season he played.

2 + years ago Watson had 1 playoff w. 
JA zip. ;);) 😝 

Times have changed 

its satire people 🤦‍♂️ FFS

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I  believe Josh is the best all around QB in the NFL.

Having said that...  whether Josh is at #1, #3, or #5, we have finally found our elite franchise QB and our decades long wandering through the QB wastelands is over.

I feel like a homer when I agree w/ that 1st part - but it's hard for me to imagine a GM choosing any QB over Allen right now.  It's a great time for QB's, and there are marginal differences between those at the top, but Allen's game is so complete. There really isn't anything he can't do.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

So he had Watson, Herbert and Burrow ahead of Josh and Mahomes...that's just stupid.

I missed Mahomes when I 1st posted - I think he actually had Mahomes 3rd after Brady & Rogers. Then Burrow, Watson, Herbert, Allen.

I think even he got confused, because he said he had Allen 6th, but then someone asked him if he had Herbert ahead of Allen & he said yes.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who takes over the "At Home" commercials?  I don't think Watson would be well received.  Wyatt Teller?

Maybe have a Tour Guide walking fans around the stadium and in the corner, Teller is gutting an alligator he just killed with a ginsu knife.  

No commentary needed....just zoom in on the fans reactions.

Is there some sort of large massage chain that could use a new spokesperson...Kraft is getting old.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Those are all good QBs, but I'd bet my house no GM is taking Burrow or Watson over Allen

Rodgers won the MVP the last two seasons and Brady is well, Brady. Herbert is good, but I think most would take Allen right now

Its all so subjective, but outside of my fandom, I'd try to put together an objective list that looks like:

Brady

Rodgers

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

The first 3 all have SB victories, so they have an advantage. I've seen lists that have Allen #3 behind Brady and Rodgers.

Allen #1 after this season tho. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.