Which players on defense are you moving on from or releasing?

intimidatortj

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

As of now, it doesn’t appear that Edmunds is the MLB that McB wants to pay…..or he would’ve been paid….no?  Diggs had 2 years left on his deal….he was paid.  While edmunds is playing 2022 on a cap hit that might be higher than his future aav.  Based on McBs tendencies to date, he’d be locked up by now if they really wanted him  imo.  There’s still time for it to happen, but the lack of an extension could have some meaning to it.  

I don’t think anyone wants a “thumper”…. Rather a guy that makes more impact plays, has better instincts for the position and processes quicker than edmunds does 

Well said

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, T master said:

I think Edmunds will be 1 only because of the money he will want being a first round pick the second on your list is Poyer only because he changed agents & Rosenhaus is one greedy mo fo & will get him the cash he is looking for but i don't think it will be from Beane unless there is a compromise & that's not in Rosenhaus vocabulary .

I also think they could draft both of their replacements this year in the draft .

Agreed on Edmunds, but I’m guessing they will off a two year extension to Poyer.  He anchors the center of the field.  Not sure why he’s whining.  He’s set to make I believe 10 or 11 mil. This year.

22 hours ago, T master said:

I think Edmunds will be 1 only because of the money he will want being a first round pick the second on your list is Poyer only because he changed agents & Rosenhaus is one greedy mo fo & will get him the cash he is looking for but i don't think it will be from Beane unless there is a compromise & that's not in Rosenhaus vocabulary .

I also think they could draft both of their replacements this year in the draft .

This sounds about right.

Tre White and Micah Hyde are pretty much guaranteed to be on this team until after the 2023 season, barring a trade.  Von Miller until after the 2024 season.  Their contracts don't make cutting them realistic before that point.

I think the Bills would like to extend Jordan Poyer another 2-3 years, and would be willing to get it done this offseason.  But they aren't going to pull the trigger early, unless they can get a discount.  The news about Drew Rosenhaus makes that very unlikely.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's seeking to be the highest paid safety in the league, after being named a 1st-Team All-Pro.  No way that Brandon Beane agrees to that.  Ultimately, I think Poyer plays out 2022 and then hits free agency in 2023.

Ed Oliver is getting the 5th Year Option, without a question.  So I think the Bills will watch the progress of him and Tremaine Edmunds this year.  It's probably a long-shot for us to keep both guys.  From what I saw last year, I think Oliver takes a step and gets an extension.  Edmunds has probably peaked, and is much more replaceable.  

I would love to see the Hyde & Poyer tandem in house for the rest of their careers but Rachel Bush is expensive. Rosenhaus is basically working for her at this point. We'll see how much of a baller Beane really is by how he handles this and Edmunds. Just like with Diggs, the market changed unexpectedly and now suddenly Poyer is underpaid. But her since deleted Tweets, and subsequent Rosenhaus hiring are telling. 

• Like (+1) 1

i just cant stomach Edmunds at 14 mil per season.   shop him imo.   hes not absolutely terrible,  and mbe he does exactly what the coaches want him to,  i dunno.   he still doesnt pass the eye test with me tho.   hefty salary for a guy who appears to miss many many plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.