Have you ever seen one of your teams go all the way?

BillsPride12

Obviously 99% of us were brought here by the Buffalo Bills and we are all waiting for that one....but I also know we have a lot of different people here with different backgrounds and hometowns and people have other teams they follow.  So have you ever seen one of your teams win the hardware?  Feel free to share any interesting stories that go along with the experience.

As for me I am a pure born and raised WNYer so my true teams are the Bills and Sabres...so I am still waiting for the big ones.  I do like Syracuse in the NCAA so technically them winning in 2003 was one of my teams but it didn't bring me to tears or anything, I was just really fired up.  I was also really into the Chicago Bulls in the 90s and claim them as a team but they were already great when I got into them so I have a hard time counting their titles as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills, Yankees, Islanders.

I was a kid in the 70's so I have seen the Yankees win 7 times. 1977 and 1978. The 4 titles with Joe Torre. The one with Joe Girardi. I also watched the Isles win 4 straight Cups and 19 straight playoff series wins which is still a record today. Only the Bills haven't won one yet. Hopefully that changes this year.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Obviously 99% of us were brought here by the Buffalo Bills and we are all waiting for that one....but I also know we have a lot of different people here with different backgrounds and hometowns and people have other teams they follow.  So have you ever seen one of your teams win the hardware?  Feel free to share any interesting stories that go along with the experience.

As for me I am a pure born and raised WNYer so my true teams are the Bills and Sabres...so I am still waiting for the big ones.  I do like Syracuse in the NCAA so technically them winning in 2003 was one of my teams but it didn't bring me to tears or anything, I was just really fired up.  I was also really into the Chicago Bulls in the 90s and claim them as a team but they were already great when I got into them so I have a hard time counting their titles as well.

The Bills did twice in the mid 60's... championship was as high as we could go so to me those count.

Yankees many times.

I was living in Ann Arbor when Michigan beat Seton Hall, place went crazy, good times! Bad boys fan when I lived there too, loved it when they beat the crap out of Jordan on their way to championships

First time I got into basketball as a kid was the Knicks with Willis Reed over the Lakers.

Can’t forget the Four Horsemen either, woooooo!

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm an Oakland A's fan and was able to enjoy the 1989 season but 1988 and 1990 moreso the latter hurt badly.  I also was a Rickey Henderson fan and was glad to see him win another championship in 1993. 

Rickey was an artist at the plate and on the bases.

The art of drawing a walk is gone from the game.  Other than the obvious HR records that fell to the steroid era, another less-heralded record was also "beaten," ... Henderson's bases on balls record.  Bonds (on paper) is now the leader.  That is a goddamn shame.

Yes.  Spurs fan since the mid-80s, pre-David Robinson, around the time I started watching the Bills.  I've enjoyed being a Spurs fan through the decades.  

The early 90s where the Spurs were on the cusp was both exciting and frustrating to watch.  Their first title in 1999 was the sweetest of the titles.  

I was a long time Pirates fan but divorced the team several years ago and haven't looked back.  Bob Nutting is the worst owner in all of North American professional sports.  I challenge you to find a cheaper, more petty owner than Mr. Nutting.  

Yep. Was at the 1964 AFL Championship. It was awesome!

I was a Twins fan growing up in Buffalo because of Harmon Killebrew. As an adult (sort of lol) I moved to Minnesota on a job transfer. One of the first things I did was get Twins season tix. We were lucky enough to be at all of the 1987 and 1991 Playoff and World Series games. Twins won it all both years.

Our seats for the '91 season were 7 rows above the Twins dugout along the 3rd base line. Game 7 (Jack Morris vs John Smoltz) is recognized as one of the greatest WS games ever. Morris was absolutely incredible tossing a 10 inning shutout for the win. 

I'll never forget it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.