Bobby Hart re-signed

The Jokeman

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Didn't really focus on him, but he didn't stand out for any bad reps. There were a few combos he had with Hart, and seemed Blackshear's bigger runs went over the left side with him and Hart on drives 5 and 6.

LOL as we know, usually when you DON'T notice an OLman it's a pretty good sign

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's only 28 and this is his 3rd stint in Buffalo 🙂

I remember watching him play for Tennessee last year and he didn't look like the absolute turnstile he did in last years preseason so maybe he's just improved a bit.  

Process guy? Get better every day? The Kromer factor? I don't have film on it, but even in preseason I don't recall him looking remotely serviceable in his prior stints. What he does have is enough physical attributes to execute what Kromer is asking him to do, and it's apparently working.

33 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Process guy? Get better every day? The Kromer factor? I don't have film on it, but even in preseason I don't recall him looking remotely serviceable in his prior stints. What he does have is enough physical attributes to execute what Kromer is asking him to do, and it's apparently working.

Guy must love process if hes back for round 3.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Looks like Kromer may have actually fixed Hart. Unbelievable.

I'll reserve judgement until I see him win against another team's "1"s.

Where I think right now is that Hart and Ford were competing for the same reserve OL spot, and Hart looked potentially servicable at T and G while Ford just at G.   Advantage: Hart

I do sense a sub-text in some of the stuff that's been written that Bobby Johnson may not have had strong buy-in on the entire OL taking coaching from him.  There was the Quinton Spain thing, now Dawkins comments about Ford implying he dismissed coaching he really needed to pay attention to as "that's just Bobby being Bobby".

Any news on Mancz injury yet?

Edited by Beck Water

On 8/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, Beck Water said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see him win against another team's "1"s.

I don't disagree that we haven't seen enough of Hart, but what you say here simply is not and cannot be the standard.   If he could win against 1s, he'd be starting.   All teams are thin in oline depth - that's why these guys move around and around, so it's unreasonable to expect the Bills' depth to be better.   

The reason the Bills value guys like Hart is that they can rely on him to what he can do, to do it as well as he can, and do it consistently.  If he can do that, then if he needs to play, the Bills will make adjustments for the fact that he may not be starter caliber.  But they know what they're going to get when they put him in the lineup.  

And that, I think, was the problem with Ford.   The Bills never could count on him to give consistent, solid effort to the best of his ability.  McDermott is willing to plan around second-line talent, but he won't tolerate inconsistent play from an equally or more talented player.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'm a big Aaron Kromer believer..........but while he has proven he can make a big difference in the running game.........let's not forget the he coached Jordan Mills in Buffalo........who was a horrendous pass blocker despite playing on a run first team with an elusive QB.    

There is only so much you can do in pass pro with limited talent like Mills or Bobby Hart.

I am more optimistic about him working with athletes like Spencer Brown and Tommy Doyle but the flip side of that is first they need to show that they can even hold up in the pro game.    They need to string together a lot of games and snaps before we know if they have the most basic and important ability.   Avail-ability is exactly why guys like Mills and now Hart keep getting jobs and stacking years of service in the league.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.