Bobby Hart re-signed

The Jokeman

27 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the IOL is their BPA at. 1, 2 or 3, I am sure the Bills are going to take him.  

I think that's the wrong decision this season at 1 or 2. Ryan Bates and Rodger Saffold aren't sitting this season. Ike Boettger is a solid reserve. I don't think you should spend a 1st or 2nd Round pick on someone who's not going to see much playing time this season when there's positions that need starters or reserves that will see much more playing time.

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He must be a magic man or maybe Beane is just crazy on you. 

Heart on you 2 lol

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He must be a magic man or maybe Beane is just crazy on you. 

Heart on you 2 lol

Give the guy a break
 everyone has some value

59 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

So you are thinking that you are going after a guy the was not drafted in typically the top 20-25 tackles in the draft and the 16-18 tackles signed as UDFAs- so perhaps the 40th college offensive tackle left - versus a guy that has taken nearly 5000 NFL snaps - played in over 80 games - starting over 65.

Hart is being brought in to help stabilize the 3rd string O-line and would not stop the Bills from drafting or picking up as many UDFAs as you want.  

I really do not understand some people - especially comparing him to like Vlad Ducasse.  The guy was signed last year and didn’t even make the Bills,  he was cut coming out of training camp.

He was later signed by Tennessee as an emergency player - played in 3 games and then cut as players got healthy.  He was then resigned by Buffalo when we had issues - never played, was cut and resigned for the end of the season and got 1 snap.

He has had 1 snap in a meaningless game and will be cut again, but he know technique and pace of practice - so he helps the third unit by giving them some experience.

Huh? I purposely focused on Hart when he played for the Bills last year. No matter how you describe it he was literally nothing short of terrible! I’m not sure what more anyone wants to see for this guy. And yes, I’d much rather give an unknown kid a shot. 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? I purposely focused on Hart when he played for the Bills last year. No matter how you describe it he was literally nothing short of terrible! I’m not sure what more anyone wants to see for this guy. And yes, I’d much rather give an unknown kid a shot. 

He has literally played 1 snap with the Bills all time.  Just 1 snap.

They played him as a third string lineman in PS and cut him coming out of training camp.

Most likely this year will be no different. 

Not sure how terrible he was or where you focused on him so much, but understand that  he is just a veteran signing for preseason.

I just do not see at all what is stopping you from bringing in lineman with this signing - you still have at minimum 16 open rosters spots after the draft.  You can bring in as many UDFAs at tackle as you want - tell me how many do you think choose the Bills?  They have 2 starters on longer contracts, a young back-up, and will probably be drafting someone - they still need at minimum 1-2 more for preseason.

Hart will be a tackle out there when Matt Barkley is running the offense during preseason and is then cut.  It means nothing.

Sorry - I just do not understand the hate for a guy that is literally a camp body - no impact to the salary cap just brought in to help the third string squad keep Barkley alive for a couple of games.

Depth player i think he could be gone if they draft a O linemen that they believe has more potential after they see them in OTA's or they may think that Kromer can coach him up .

If Kromer can do what he did the last time he was here this O line is going to be really good ...

12 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

He has literally played 1 snap with the Bills all time.  Just 1 snap.

They played him as a third string lineman in PS and cut him coming out of training camp.

Most likely this year will be no different. 

Not sure how terrible he was or where you focused on him so much, but understand that  he is just a veteran signing for preseason.

I just do not see at all what is stopping you from bringing in lineman with this signing - you still have at minimum 16 open rosters spots after the draft.  You can bring in as many UDFAs at tackle as you want - tell me how many do you think choose the Bills?  They have 2 starters on longer contracts, a young back-up, and will probably be drafting someone - they still need at minimum 1-2 more for preseason.

Hart will be a tackle out there when Matt Barkley is running the offense during preseason and is then cut.  It means nothing.

Sorry - I just do not understand the hate for a guy that is literally a camp body - no impact to the salary cap just brought in to help the third string squad keep Barkley alive for a couple of games.

They didn't cut him out of training camp they cut him after the preseason..........where he played so badly that he made a significant impression on the Bills fan base.

If anyone is protesting too much it is you by asserting that he is "literally a camp body".........we surely hope a scenario doesn't unfold where he makes the team........but he is just 28 years old and has 67 career starts in the NFL.........a camp body is a guy who has no chance at all of making an NFL roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.