Bobby Hart re-signed

The Jokeman

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They still need to sign a few more more of these types before camp.   They are at 66 under contract now, then between draft picks and UDFAs they will have to bring in these types of vet players to fill out the roster. 

Yeah, I'm sure we will see a few more signings like this before the draft.

I don't picture the Bills signing nearly 20 UDFA's.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It is perplexing how he gets work but it's been something of a foregone conclusion that the Bills were re-signing him........Capaccio has been saying it all winter.

There is a good deal of subjectivity in PFF grades but generally speaking an OL with a score in the 50's is usually unplayable to the eye test.

Bobby Hart had a 33.7 last year.

That's like the having the worst score of any player in the entire league every week for a full season.

He's arguably been the worst regularly employed player in the NFL in recent years.

I guess they are hoping that he will evolve into Vlad Ducasse 2.0 and have a couple serviceable seasons in his 30's.

Hard to really take this seriously.  He played 1 game with 1 snap for the Bills last season.  He was on the practice squad and got called up for 1 game and he got that 1 snap.

Late in the season - he was plucked from the PS by Tennessee and saw limited action in 3 games with 1 start and a whopping 100 snaps.

So you are complaining about signing a guy that was the worst player in the entire league every week for a season - when the guy got 1 snap in a mop up role on the team he spent the season with and then got picked up as emergency player on a new team and was forced to play.

I don’t think the Bills are expecting anything from him - he is a veteran person to fill in the OLine during the preseason.  He didn’t make the team last year - little chance he makes it this year.

32 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Hard to really take this seriously.  He played 1 game with 1 snap for the Bills last season.  He was on the practice squad and got called up for 1 game and he got that 1 snap.

Late in the season - he was plucked from the PS by Tennessee and saw limited action in 3 games with 1 start and a whopping 100 snaps.

So you are complaining about signing a guy that was the worst player in the entire league every week for a season - when the guy got 1 snap in a mop up role on the team he spent the season with and then got picked up as emergency player on a new team and was forced to play.

I don’t think the Bills are expecting anything from him - he is a veteran person to fill in the OLine during the preseason.  He didn’t make the team last year - little chance he makes it this year.

Yeah I actually watched every snap he played last year.

He's brutally bad.    

My point about his PFF grade stands..........his 33.7 season score was worse than the lowest score at most positions(which are usually low 40's into the 30's) each week.

I think we all ASSUME he can't possibly make the team but now that you mention it........I guess there is a chance.

Thanks for that thought.

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With so many rookies that’ll go undrafted it’s really hard for me to see how Hart makes any sense. Why not just bring in a kid? Who knows? Maybe you’ll discover someone.

So you are thinking that you are going after a guy the was not drafted in typically the top 20-25 tackles in the draft and the 16-18 tackles signed as UDFAs- so perhaps the 40th college offensive tackle left - versus a guy that has taken nearly 5000 NFL snaps - played in over 80 games - starting over 65.

Hart is being brought in to help stabilize the 3rd string O-line and would not stop the Bills from drafting or picking up as many UDFAs as you want.  

I really do not understand some people - especially comparing him to like Vlad Ducasse.  The guy was signed last year and didn’t even make the Bills,  he was cut coming out of training camp.

He was later signed by Tennessee as an emergency player - played in 3 games and then cut as players got healthy.  He was then resigned by Buffalo when we had issues - never played, was cut and resigned for the end of the season and got 1 snap.

He has had 1 snap in a meaningless game and will be cut again, but he know technique and pace of practice - so he helps the third unit by giving them some experience.

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe. But I don't see O-Line being a priority in the first couple rounds. We lost Daryl Williams and Jon Feliciano. We signed Rodger Saffold and Greg Mancz as well as retaining Ryan Bates, Ike Boettger, and Bobby Hart. The starting Line is written in pen this season already. I'm sure we'll draft a Lineman or two. But I don't see it being until Round 3 or 4 at the earliest.

If the IOL is their BPA at. 1, 2 or 3, I am sure the Bills are going to take him.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.