Jack White: The Rolling Stones Copied The Beatles

Gugny

"People want The Rolling Stones to be cool, dirty, raucous. They don’t want to understand that The Rolling Stones were chasing a hit constantly and feeding off whatever the hippest thing was, copying whatever The Beatles did last week," he explained. “That disrupts the fantasy. And the fantasy’s amazing – I have indulged many times with those kinds of bands. That’s not an insult. That’s them being smart and figuring out a way to keep a train moving.”

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-04-10-jack-white-accuses-the-rolling-stones-of-copying-the-beatles/?mid=835631&rid=99009473&sc=email&pname=newsletter&cid=NATIONAL&keyid=National iHeart Daily Classic Rock [Combo #2]&campid=headline2_readmore

@Rico

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Jack White hates everything that isn't made by Jack White. There are 13 notes and like 10 grooves used in popular music. Everyone is ripping off everyone. 

Edited by MPL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime' made the Fab Four relegated to the scrap heap of history for me.  I don't care that it was post Beatles. 🤨

😁

I don't know anyone who likes that song .. including me and I'm a huge Beatles/Macca fan!  It's horrible!

i used to be a big fan of jw, but i couldnt take the eccentricity anymore. hes clearly trying to stir up a 'controversy' to get people to acknowledge his existence and buy his record.

maybe early stones could be seen as beatles-like and the people always bring up her satanic majesties request with sgt peppers.

ive gotten loaded to the beatles and stones records many times, and i honestly dont see much similarity with anything past rubber soul for the beatles, and starting with beggars banquet for the stones. the bands are much different imo. like their double albums: white and exile on main street, are nothing alike.

• Agree 1

Jack White is full of *****... these bands are nothing alike musically. Old country and blues music is what rock evolved from so everybody was doing covers or their adaptations. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i used to be a big fan of jw, but i couldnt take the eccentricity anymore. hes clearly trying to stir up a 'controversy' to get people to acknowledge his existence and buy his record.

maybe early stones could be seen as beatles-like and the people always bring up her satanic majesties request with sgt peppers.

ive gotten loaded to the beatles and stones records many times, and i honestly dont see much similarity with anything past rubber soul for the beatles, and starting with beggars banquet for the stones. the bands are much different imo. like their double albums: white and exile on main street, are nothing alike.

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Jack White is full of *****... these bands are nothing alike musically. Old country and blues music is what rock evolved from so everybody was doing covers or their adaptations. 

I agree with both of you on all accounts.  I don't hear ANY similarities  as each band evolved.  It's like comparing apples to kumquats.  

I am still a Jack White fan, though.  I think the guy is a genius.  But I do agree that this was an attention grab.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree with both of you on all accounts.  I don't hear ANY similarities  as each band evolved.  It's like comparing apples to kumquats.  

I am still a Jack White fan, though.  I think the guy is a genius.  But I do agree that this was an attention grab.

Wonder where the Kinks fit in here lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime' made the Fab Four relegated to the scrap heap of history for me.  I don't care that it was post Beatles. 🤨

😁

Makes sense.   One song in a history unlike any other pop artist = scrap heap.     

24 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

yup! smart (and free) marketing. Say something sure to get clicks, then mention you be selling something too, just coincidentally!

"White had a release day to remember when he dropped Fear of Dawn, his first of two new albums, on Friday (April 8)."

27 minutes ago, Rico said:

Whole lot more than just one song.

Forgot about that one, yow. Funny part is that the version you posted... which I won't listen to... was remastered. They felt the need lol.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Very true when it came to the studio. 

Of course live, the Stones blew the Beatles off the map. :thumbsup:

It may have been true, up to a certain point...but after the Beatles put out Srgt Pepper, and the Stones put out Their Satanic Majesties Request, the Stones realized they didn't have to do follow the Beatles lead any more. The Stones were hardly the only band to fall into that trap... the Stones true artistry came after that with Beggar's Banquet where the Stones really became their own thing....***** Jack White...White Stripes sound like Led Zeppelin!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.