Next NFL Team Dominos.

BillsfaninSB

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Montreal supported the Expos until the 94 strike and then owners trading the stars away. I saw my first game at Jerry Parc and then they moved to Olympic stadium which sucked. Give them decent owners and stadium MLB will be back

Olympic Stadium was horrific. A bigger cavernous tomb than Rogers Centre/SkyDome and not as safe. Trading Larry Walker, MArquis Grissom and Pedro the year after they were the best team in baseball was the beginning of the end. They may be able to exist as a Moneyball baseball team with the right ownership and a real baseball stadium, but Montreal still couldn't support an NFL team. It's just not the right city. Vermont and some upper NY state fans may cross the border, but Vermont is largely Pats country, so doubtful they would ever change allegiances. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, MPL said:

Here's a bold prediction...

The NFL and the USFL will form a Premier League style alliance and every year, the worst NFL teams will get demoted to the USFL and the best USFL teams will get promoted to the NFL. 

That would never happen, part of why NFL franchises are worth so much is guaranteed access to billions in TV revenue.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:57 PM, Mr Wild said:

Here is my random if there is an expansion...  if we were forced to add more.  Idk bored

NFC West (Pacific) NFC North (Central) NFC East (Atlantic)
Seattle Seahawks Minnesota Vikings New York Giants
San Francisco 49ers Green Bay Packers Philadelphia Eagles
LA Rams Chicago Bears Baltimore Ravens
San Diego Chargers Detroit Lions Washington Commanders
Las Vegas Raiders Indianapolis Colts Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals Cincinnati Bengals Atlanta Falcons

AFC South (Gulf) AFC Middle (Plains) AFC North (Northeast)
Houston Texans Denver Broncos Montreal Voyageurs
Mexico City Lobos Kansas City Chiefs New England Patriots
Jacksonville Jaguars Dallas Cowboys Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins Tennessee Titians New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers St Louis Spirit/Arches Cleveland Browns
New Orleans Saints San Antonio Stallions Pittsburg Steelers

My thought Process on new teams:

San Diego goes home so both "LA" teams can be in same division.

Mexico City Makes the most sense.  Large Market.  Go with Lobos as a Spanish name that can connect with local animal.

St Louis gets a team back after the lawsuit.  Call it Spirit after the plane or arches for being the gateway to the west.

San Antonio Stallions.  Everyone always says this is the next most likely place to get a team.  The heck with Jerry.  Why Stallions?  Did you know almost every team in there town starts with an S?

Montreal Voyageurs  Canada gets a team and isn't Toronto bc of the Bills or Vancouver bc of the Seahawks.  The name honors the French side and them being a place for explorer in colonial times.

Why separated this way?

Taking the NBA technique of keeping divisions close and similar lifestyles by area.  Want the people of the area to gain a passion for their divisions and hatred/rivalries with those close.

How Schedule would work?

Play the people in your division twice.  Then another division once.  That means you would play team once every 5 years.

Playoffs?

Top from each division and 4 wildcards for each side.  Only top record on you conference gets a bye

Sorry was bored

Out there prediction but really fun to picture. Realignment makes tons of sense, regionally but also rivalry wise too, that's a great idea.

I hate most of the names but those are admittedly hard... however, my fav was the St Louis Arches, cool freaking name. Some kinda archery dude could be really cool if they were smart with a logo!!

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

That would never happen, part of why NFL franchises are worth so much is guaranteed access to billions in TV revenue.

Oh, I know. Was mostly a joke. I'll be surprised if the USFL lasts more than a few seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Out there prediction but really fun to picture. Realignment makes tons of sense, regionally but also rivalry wise too, that's a great idea.

I hate most of the names but those are admittedly hard... however, my fav was the St Louis Arches, cool freaking name. Some kinda archery dude could be really cool if they were smart with a logo!!

Most of the names I looked up articles from those cities and chose the ones that I think fit the best for the place and arent completely generic (Huskies, Mounties, Aztecs)

On 4/13/2022 at 10:23 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Montreal supported the Expos until the 94 strike and then owners trading the stars away. I saw my first game at Jerry Parc and then they moved to Olympic stadium which sucked. Give them decent owners and stadium MLB will be back

Agreed. Montreal was a great baseball city, and one that would be perfect for a MLB team to move to (or for MLB to expand to) - with a nice downtown ballpark it immediately becomes one of the better MLB sites to visit.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:04 AM, Zerovoltz said:

the only way they could squeeze more TV money out of the current situation is if they started to have Saturday,

So why hasn't the NFL colonized Saturday night? Or Saturday afternoon for that matter. I understood this to be an old "don't tread on college football Saturday" thing, but now college games are all over the place anyway, so it's not like they're honoring their part of some kind of gentlemen's agreement. Saturday just seems such a better time slot than the dreaded Thursday.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.