Next NFL Team Dominos.

BillsfaninSB

47 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Brady will end his career before he is 50 and after a serious injury.

Belichek will retire after this next season realizing Mac Jones isnt the answer.

Teddy Bridgewater will start last half of the season and Tua will be traded.

All of these were in my thinking I just didnt want to talk about injuries to a player out loud

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Bold Predictions.

• Chargers will move again.
  • Brady will play until he's 50.
  • Belicheat will get caught cheating again.

LA stadium cost way too much to build so I'd say Kroenke needs them to stay to keep that stadium full every weekend and making money. 

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think 36 by 2036. Personally I oppose expansion but I do think it happens. 

And I predict one of those teams will be the Tonawanda Kardex Lumbermen and they will share the new stadium with the Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

My sometimes outside the box, sometimes far fetched, okay things I would really like to see,  NFL prognostications:

1. Tyrek Hill will pull up gimpy in week 1 trying to come back from an underthrown ball by Tua.

2. Jacksonville will win the AFC South

3. Green Bay will be a wild card this year having lost the division to the Vikings.

4. Seattle will have the first pick in the 2023 draft

5. Baker Mayfield will be picked up by Dallas and will start several games for the Cowboys this year.

6. Buffalo will play KC on SNF, Detroit on Thanksgiving and will open the season in Los Angeles.

7. Watson will start week 11 for Cleveland but not before.

8. Buffalo will actually have 5 nice weather games at the Ralph this year.

9. Sean Payton will come out of retirement to coach in Washington DC after Rivera is fired mid-season.

10. Isaiah McKenzie finishes the regular season with 60 catches, 600 yards receiving and 4 TDs.

Edited by wjag

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Chargers ain't moving unless the Spanos family sells the team, and there is no reason to since they've got a good financial deal going there.  They are basically the Donald Sterlings of the NFL.

48 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The chargers got favorable terms on their lease, and i believe they're locked in for quite some time.  

Agreed - everything I have seen is they are locked into a minimum 20 year lease with options (either four 5 year options or two 10 year options) to play in LA.  That is until 2040 or 2060 with the options and it is a sweet deal.

I believe they have a $1 lease and get their NFL share of the seating.  The Rams are covering pretty much everything and the Chargers are like lazy children coming home and paying a tiny bit of rent and acting like it matters.

The Chargers are printing money and they don’t care if they have a large season ticket base or not because the PSLs go to the stadium - so for them they are happy with no season tickets as long as their games sell out - they get the seat money from what I read.

It was an amazing deal.

• Like (+1) 3

Mac Jones becomes the next Baker Mayfield - lot of early hype and making just enough throws to show he's got something...something that never gets to the next level and after years of waiting for him to become a franchise QB they realize it isn't going to happen in NE (but he goes to another team convinced he can develop into a great QB and he becomes Jimmy G part 2). 

I personally think Cleveland has a very big chance of moving to Toledo.  But don't quote me on that.  

And Miami to Ft. Lauderdale?  Could happen. 

But if I'm a Colts fan, I'm probably losing sleep over the possibility of the moving to the gleaming metropolis of Gary, IN.   Now that they have Matty Ice though, maybe not so much worry. 

But what do I know?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The next big push will be for an international team. Jacksonville Jaguars becoming the London somethings seems most likely.

Personally, I wish the NFL would stop expanding. Stop adding regular season games, stop adding playoff games, stop adding teams.

Unfortunately they’ve never heard the phrase “don’t fix what ain’t broken” or read the story of Icarus, so they’re just gonna keep pushing, growing, changing, and expanding in the name of increased profits, regardless of how it waters down or eventually ruins their product over time.

What the NFL needs to expand is an official minor league team and when a team has multiple losing seasons (lower 5) they are moved to minor league and another team from minor moved to major.  This would discourage suck for draft picks as well.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Greg S said:

LA just isn't that great of a football market. Didn't matter who the Rams and Chargers played at home the visiting team had a lot of their fans at the game. When the Bills play there next year it will be a sea of blue in the stadium. I also could see the Chargers moving as the really don't have any support there. Maybe they end up back in SD.

Would love this for SD!!! That said, its sounded like StL is going to end up getting a team as compensation. Forget the exact details but remember reading StL has a pretty legit argument for a huge lawsuit. Cant remember but i think its already been filed

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

What the NFL needs to expand is an official minor league team and when a team has multiple losing seasons (lower 5) they are moved to minor league and another team from minor moved to major.  This would discourage suck for draft picks as well.

Had me at the first half. XFL is trying to do just that. Would love to see this work but suspect until I see them even finish a year

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Soccer style relegation? 

Interesting.

Develop a 10-12 team minor league, similar to the old NFL Europe. This gives developmental players -- who have something to offer the NFL but aren't ready for prime time yet, like Kurt Warner and Fred Jackson -- an opportunity to refine their skills and get live game reps.

Then, as you said, if a team has, say five consecutive losing seasons or their record is below a certain threshold, they get relegated, and the winningest team over that time frame from the minors is promoted.

Certainly a pretty crazy thing to imagine. The Jacksonville Jaguars getting sent down to the minors while the Birmingham Dragons (or whatever) get called up. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.