Next NFL Team Dominos.

BillsfaninSB

While I won’t count the chickens until they start excavation, it appears Bills fans dodge a huge bullet.  Bills are staying where they belong!

What are everyone’s predictions for the next moves and/or additions for the rest of this decade?

Other than Washington possibly moving to Virginia (not a big change) I kind of think not much will happen. 

Yeah, I could see the Chargers moving again.  Weird to think so, because they're one of the up-and-coming franchises.  It's usually the sucktastic clubs that get moved.

St. Louis will never sniff another franchise.

The next big push will be for an international team. Jacksonville Jaguars becoming the London somethings seems most likely.

Personally, I wish the NFL would stop expanding. Stop adding regular season games, stop adding playoff games, stop adding teams.

Unfortunately they’ve never heard the phrase “don’t fix what ain’t broken” or read the story of Icarus, so they’re just gonna keep pushing, growing, changing, and expanding in the name of increased profits, regardless of how it waters down or eventually ruins their product over time.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 2

Here's a bold prediction...

The NFL and the USFL will form a Premier League style alliance and every year, the worst NFL teams will get demoted to the USFL and the best USFL teams will get promoted to the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

The next big push will be for an international team. Jacksonville Jaguars becoming the London somethings seems most likely.

Personally, I wish the NFL would stop expanding. Stop adding regular season games, stop adding playoff games, stop adding teams.

Unfortunately they’ve never heard the phrase “don’t fix what ain’t broken” or read the story of Icarus, so they’re just gonna keep pushing, growing, changing, and expanding in the name of increased profits, regardless of how it waters down or eventually ruins their product over time.

Silly Nannies

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I think that the push to 36 or even 40 teams is not that far on the horizon.  

The current owners strongly desire new, rich blood, and the outrageous expansion fees.

Plus - it's the only real way to manage any kind of international growth

BARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PLEASE NO. Im already at a point ill never forgive Goodell, so not like he can make things worse for his legacy I guess

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Yeah, I could see the Chargers moving again.  Weird to think so, because they're one of the up-and-coming franchises.  It's usually the sucktastic clubs that get moved.

LA just isn't that great of a football market. Didn't matter who the Rams and Chargers played at home the visiting team had a lot of their fans at the game. When the Bills play there next year it will be a sea of blue in the stadium. I also could see the Chargers moving as they really don't have any support there. Maybe they end up back in SD.

Edited by Greg S

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

LA just isn't that great of a football market. Didn't matter who the Rams and Chargers played at home the visiting team had a lot of their fans at the game. When the Bills play there next year it will be a sea of blue in the stadium. I also could see the Chargers moving as they really don't have any support there. Maybe they end up back in SD.

Chargers ain't moving unless the Spanos family sells the team, and there is no reason to since they've got a good financial deal going there.  They are basically the Donald Sterlings of the NFL.

40 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

The chargers got favorable terms on their lease, and i believe they're locked in for quite some time.  

• Agree 1

I think St. Louis and possibly London will get expansion teams. Either that or the Chargers end up in St. Louis and there is no expansion. You can't get the people in LA to legitimately support one team, more or less two. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.