** Private Workout ** Tight End Trey McBride, Colorado State

intimidatortj

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wonder if Beane is pounding the table for this guy?

Is Beane staring in the mirror talking to himself in this image going over the pro's and con's of McBride, psyching himself up to convince himself to take him. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Like Diggs, Allen isn’t letting Knox go anywhere 

I think that’s up to Knox tbh.  If he’s willing to take 10-12.5M a year, I think he’ll return.  If he wants more than that, he might have to join a QB named Josh allen and see how he does with them.  

Henry and Jonnu are getting 12.5 next year. Hopefully he’ll be ok with that much, or less.  If he’s looking for 14+ like Andrews, Kelce and goedert, Josh might not have any say in the matter.  

if Dorsey plans on using a lot of 12 personnel, I could see us selecting McBride in rd 1 or 2.  

for anyone bored, watch McBride hit the sleds at the combine and then watch Greg Dulcich.  🤣 

Edited by NewEra

Still need TE2 even if we extend Knox. He'll be expensive but one of the positions hardest to keep drafting younger at. Took Knox till his 3rd year to pay dividends. Cant draft a player high, spend 2-3 years developing and let him leave. Would rather move on from easier pieces to replace i.e MLB and S

• Like (+1) 1

The OJ signing plus all this interest in TEs in the draft has my curiosity peeked.

You havta figure we’re going to be running the 12 at least a little bit more….

I dunno, with McKenzie and Chrowder in the slot we’re strong at three-wide….

We get Jameson or Watson at 25 our 3 wide is set for the year.

Maybe there are teams that look very susceptible to the 12?
Like the Bills for instance…

Its going to be such a fantastic year for the Bills….

If the Bills sign a vet corner, we could go just about in any direction come draft day…

Dudes an absolute beast. I watched him at least 4 times in 2021. That was an excellent Rams team that somehow ended up 3-9, likely as a result of awful QB play in Centeio who is transferring to an FCS school from Colorado State (that should give you an idea how bad he was). Yet McBride still posted the most receiving yards by a TE in Mountain West history and 5th most by an FBS TE ever. He's a big target and can move but his hands are ridiculous. Certainly a first round talent in my mind.   

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If they think Sweeney isn't going to be in their future or that Knox may demand to much money this could very well be a possibility & then there is the uncertainty of what ever Howard might do after this season so TE could be in their thoughts for the future .

His bio looks great if he could produce like that here it would be a plus for sure .

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think that’s up to Knox tbh.  If he’s willing to take 10-12.5M a year, I think he’ll return.  If he wants more than that, he might have to join a QB named Josh allen and see how he does with them.  

Henry and Jonnu are getting 12.5 next year. Hopefully he’ll be ok with that much, or less.  If he’s looking for 14+ like Andrews, Kelce and goedert, Josh might not have any say in the matter.  

if Dorsey plans on using a lot of 12 personnel, I could see us selecting McBride in rd 1 or 2.  

for anyone bored, watch McBride hit the sleds at the combine and then watch Greg Dulcich.  🤣 

Trey McBride.jpg

Profootballnetwork.com has this write up:

At 6'4" and 260 pounds, Trey McBride passes the size requirement for a starting NFL tight end. But he doesn't just fit the bill from a size standpoint. McBride is a rare breed of tight end in that the offense runs through him. He's caught 6 passes in every game this season, topping 100 yards four times and owning a season-low 44 yards (a solid day's work for most TEs around the nation).

The Rams TE flashed potential the past two years, but he already has 55 receptions and 637 yards in seven games in 2021. The cherry on top is McBride's willingness as a run blocker, consistently sealing the edge and even reaching the second level for his running backs.

-James Fragoza

If he's there in the 2nd for us, please, please take him. We need receivers and he qualifies, even at TE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, atomicpwrd said:

Seems we are looking at higher end TEs.  I wonder if they are protecting themselves in case we can't afford Knox.  I hope not because it takes a while to develop a TE, and Knox is a good one now.

I hope they are looking for a long term addition, not a replacement. Let him sit behind OJ Howard and learn for a year if he needs it. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope they are looking for a long term addition, not a replacement. Let him sit behind OJ Howard and learn for a year if he needs it. 

Pretty sure he'd start over OJ and certainly is worth consideration with pick 57, something like this

25 Booth Jr CB

57 McBride TE

89 Pierce RB

130 Philips WR

168 Zach Tom OL

185 Stout P

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Part of me hopes he ends up on the team just to see the kind of crap him and Josh would give each other for being from CSU and Wyoming.

Go Rams!

(Unfortunately, Josh owned the Rams while he was at WYO, so he easily wins that argument.)

🙂

Edited by Bad Things

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.