If LB Devin Lloyd is available at Pick 25......

Special K

11 hours ago, Vickveto said:

Edmunds replacement will probably be drafted in the first round and Edmunds will probably be traded on draft day. We can’t keep everybody. We use premium picks on premium positions and middle linebacker is a premium position to us.

Brace for impact. Edmunds will more than likely be traded on draft day. And it might be Troy Anderson or Quay Walker at 25

Not a chance Walker or Anderson go that high. Next beers on me if I’m wrong 

10 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Edmunds' replacement will be drafted this year, but it won't be until round 3 or later. We still need to add a cb and wr first and hopefully Chad Muma, Troy Anderson, or Darrian Beavers will be available in the 3rd. Edmunds would remain the starter while the rookie gets reps in 4-3 fronts as he learns the defense and starts in 2023. 

I think if Lloyd was there we take him at 25. But if not I think Beavers could be our pick in the 3rd Rd. They’ve met with him I believe. He’s a monster. I like him a lot 

10 hours ago, Special K said:

Lloyd has been available in 4 of the 5 mock drafts I have done over the last few days....that’s what got me thinking about this scenario.

In my scenario, the Bills would use the money saved from Edmunds contract to sign a vet CB instead of drafting one early....I would prefer a vet CB over a rookie CB.

He’s been available in a bunch of mocks lately for me as well. With the movement of Miami’s picks, the Seahawks picks, and the recent ones of New Orleans. Pretty sure it has shaken up the expectations of many mocks because nobody knows what’s going to happen. 

I foresee more trades and moves leading up to the draft and in draft day than maybe ever before. This off-season has been insane and I don’t expect things to get any less crazy. 

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Like last year when everyone mocked them Etienne right?

He was already gone. Just saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills made a draft doco with Beane in the war room and Groot was always he pick 

Teams make these docos every single year and the pick they made is always the pick. They are always saying things like “we can’t believe he was still there” “he was the guy we wanted all along”. This is all nothing new. They aren’t going to give any insight to anyone out there that they were thinking anything different. Other teams watch these things and spend a lot of time looking for insight of how certain teams/gms view their boards for future drafts. 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not a chance Walker or Anderson go that high. Next beers on me if I’m wrong 

I don’t like Walker but he was mocked to us on nfl.com a couple days ago in the first round. Anderson has a perfect RAS score more of a chance then you think. Freak athletes  go early.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Teams make these docos every single year and the pick they made is always the pick. They are always saying things like “we can’t believe he was still there” “he was the guy we wanted all along”. This is all nothing new. They aren’t going to give any insight to anyone out there that they were thinking anything different. Other teams watch these things and spend a lot of time looking for insight of how certain teams/gms view their boards for future drafts. 

Maybe … but its some evidence at least…

There is zero evidence they wanted Etienne 

6 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

I don’t like Walker but he was mocked to us on nfl.com a couple days ago in the first round. Anderson has a perfect RAS score more of a chance then you think. Freak athletes  go early.

Freak athletes go early. Guys with limited experience don’t 

fwiw I really like Walker. But in the 3rd round or later. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Maybe … but its some evidence at least…

There is zero evidence they wanted Etienne 

There’s zero evidence for like 98% of guys that weren’t drafted on any draft boards of teams. They don’t leak that info. Like ever. 

Edited by mrags

1 minute ago, mrags said:

There’s zero evidence for like 98% of guys that weren’t drafted on any draft boards of teams. They don’t leak that info. Like ever. 

Well.. in light of what evidence is actually in the public domain… I’m going to go with they wanted Groot the whole time and any interest in Etienne had no substance or was misinformation leaked by the Bills..

If you want to believe otherwise all good…

12 hours ago, Special K said:

Would you select him, and trade Edmunds to a team with a top 15 Second Round Pick??

I know there are a lot of what-ifs in this scenario, but if the draft did fall this way, and a team with a top 15 second round pick was interested in trading for Edmunds...I would pull the trigger immediately on this.

Although I do not hate Edmunds as much as many on this board, I am certainly not a fan of giving him a huge contract extension either.

Lloyd is a beast of a LB, and could easily end up being better than Edmunds quite quickly, plus he would be on a cheaper rookie contract for the next 5 years.

I would use the second round pick from the trade to draft Breece Hall, the Bills actual second round pick to draft a speed WR like Metchie III, and use the cap savings from losing Edmunds contract to sign one of the Veteran CB's still on the market.

What do you think??

To me........someone trading a second round pick for Edmunds seems absurd.

But Cleveland traded a top of 3rd round pick to Buffalo for Tyrod Taylor.........so I suppose it's unfair to dismiss it out of hand.

Just seems highly unlikely.

Edmunds with that big, fully guaranteed cap hit and no team control left seems not-too-valuable, IMO..........some teams might consider it doing the Bills a favor taking that hit off the Bills hands.

Especially in a draft deep in off-ball LB's.

I would hate for the Bills to draft another off-ball LB in round 1............expending a 1st and a 2nd on Edmunds hasn't yielded the desired result........so not sure why they would feel compelled to do it again.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well.. in light of what evidence is actually in the public domain… I’m going to go with they wanted Groot the whole time and any interest in Etienne had no substance or was misinformation leaked by the Bills..

If you want to believe otherwise all good…

I never stated they had interest in Ettiene FYI. I only stated that was gone when we picked. So the original argument doesn’t exactly prove that they didn’t actually have interest in him. There’s no way to prove it for either of us. The only true fact that is there, is that he was already gone when we picked so you cannot confirm there was actually no interest. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I never stated they had interest in Ettiene FYI. I only stated that was gone when we picked. So the original argument doesn’t exactly prove that they didn’t actually have interest in him. There’s no way to prove it for either of us. The only true fact that is there, is that he was already gone when we picked so you cannot confirm there was actually no interest. 

Agreed….As no one here is privy to what happened there is not going to be anyway to “prove” anything…

As mentioned…i can only point to the draft tape they released … I also find it interesting that they doubled down on DE with the next pick and didn’t even bother picking an RB at all during the draft…

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agreed….As no one here is privy to what happened there is not going to be anyway to “prove” anything…

As mentioned…i can only point to the draft tape they released … I also find it interesting that they doubled down on DE with the next pick and didn’t even bother picking an RB at all…

Could very well mean that we did like Ettiene and only him in the draft. They clearly had grades on both Groot and Boogie. So that to me says they definitely wanted a DE and had favorable grades on them each. But maybe Ettiene was taken right ahead of us and they had to take their next BPA at the time. Couldn’t pass him up. 

again, there’s no way to know about any of this. Just a bunch of couch gms thinking they know why the Bills were thinking at the time. 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Could very well mean that we did like Ettiene and only him in the draft. They clearly had grades on both Groot and Boogie. So that to me says they definitely wanted a DE and had favorable grades on them each. But maybe Ettiene was taken right ahead of us and they had to take their next BPA at the time. Couldn’t pass him up. 

again, there’s no way to know about any of this. Just a bunch of couch gms thinking they know why the Bills were thinking at the time. 

Yep… more speculation…

As I said.., the only thing in the public domain is the draft tape…could be fabricated ( I question why  Beane would waste his time acting out a BS scenario though.. but it’s possible… ) …but it’s something at least…to me that’s better than people trying to rely on Twitter speculation and gut feelings…

The only reason I even bought into this thread in the first place was to answer some dude who was trying to say that his “evidence” for the Bills trading Edmunds was people mocking a LB to the Bills…. As you have said already,.. The Bills don’t leak this stuff.. and it’s kinda pointless to refer to a mock draft as evidence of something …

Edited by Aussie Joe

I am not sure what a team would be willing to trade for Edmunds on an expensive 1 year rental, you might have to take a later round pick.  If they negotiated an extension with him, he would have more value but that is not likely to happen during the draft, probably not impossible though if there are discussions ahead of time.

Edmunds both good enough to fetch a mid 2nd round pick according to the board and bad enough to be easily replaced by a rookie.

Both good enough to be the captain of the #1 defense and also bad at getting the defense aligned and picking the right gaps.

Both good enough to be one the field almost every snap for the #1 defense and bad enough that he should be traded after the bills pushed all their chips to the middle this year.

Hmmmmm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.