If LB Devin Lloyd is available at Pick 25......

Special K

43 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

What are the realistic chances Lloyd falls even out of the top-15? Top-20? 

Seems like pick 25 is just NOT on the table for this discussion. But yeah, the player projects to be an all-around contributor at the second level of whichever defense adds him. 

Lloyd has been available in 4 of the 5 mock drafts I have done over the last few days....that’s what got me thinking about this scenario.

6 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Edmunds' replacement will be drafted this year, but it won't be until round 3 or later. We still need to add a cb and wr first 

In my scenario, the Bills would use the money saved from Edmunds contract to sign a vet CB instead of drafting one early....I would prefer a vet CB over a rookie CB.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Moving on from Edmunds is similar to the idea being floated that the team move on from Jordan Poyer.

In each case there are a lot of people here who aren't considering the impact that trading away a respected team leader would have on the locker room.

FWIW, Edmunds is a team captain and a guy the Bills traded up to pick in the 1st round. He's been an exemplary teammate, doing everything expected and asked of him within his powers.

If the Bills are so coldly calculating as to trade away a respected veteran leader for the promise of a rookie, isn't that risky in terms of the locker room ripple effect?

While your concern is duly noted, as culture is an intangible quality that is difficult to predict, I need to ask: if Edmunds IS actually traded, then don't you think some of his teammates (in addition to the scouts, coaches, and administrators) would have privately and even quietly assessed that his on-field performance does NOT demonstrably argue IN FAVOR of a big contract extension? 

Players know that good teams have to make difficult roster decisions. It's a good problem to have. And players know who is worthy and who is not. It's like any workplace. And they know that even some worthy players won't fit into the cap allocations of their team's longterm plans. 

So my point is that trading away either Edmunds OR Poyer is to be expected and easy to move on from. Trading away BOTH players is less expected and less easy to simply move on from for their teammates. But that could be why brining in "juice" guys like Philips and Lawson is so smart. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok.. 

I dont put a lot of trust in mock drafts personally...

We are being mocked that in the first round because that’s what insiders are hearing. If we do draft a LB in the first or second round Edmunds will be traded he does have value. The capspace like the OP was alluding to could open up money for Gilmore. Gilmore>Edmonds. 

1 minute ago, Vickveto said:

We are being mocked that in the first round because that’s what insiders are hearing. If we do draft a LB in the first or second round Edmunds will be traded he does have value. The capspace like the OP was alluding to could open up money for Gilmore. Gilmore>Edmonds. 

No one can speculate with any accuracy what is going to happen at Pick 25... 

They are throwing darts at a board

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

No one can predict what is going to happen at Pick 25... 

They are throwing darts at a board

That’s true.The insiders know what positions they are targeting. I would say about 80% of the time I know who the bills were going to pick in the first round Just by listening to insiders. I have no clue this year. But it will be a premium position that means mlb cb wr ot s. We are good on pass rushers for the moment.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

That’s true.The insiders know what positions they are targeting. I would say about 80% of the time I know who the bills were going to pick in the first round Just by listening to insiders. I have no clue this year. But it will be a premium position that means mlb cb wr ot s. We are good on pass rushers for the moment.

Like last year when everyone mocked them Etienne right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Vickveto said:

Edmunds replacement will probably be drafted in the first round and Edmunds will probably be traded on draft day. We can’t keep everybody. We use premium picks on premium positions and middle linebacker is a premium position to us.

Brace for impact. Edmunds will more than likely be traded on draft day. And it might be Troy Anderson or Quay Walker at 25

Probably lol there is literally a low percent chance of that happening what the ***** are you talking about

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Probably lol there is literally a low percent chance of that happening what the ***** are you talking about

yes probably.  we don’t value cornerback like most on this board think we do and it shows in the draft capital that we have spend on it. I trust certain insiders with the Intel that they share. They wouldn’t be mock drafting a linebacker to us in the first round in multiple different places if it wasn’t a probably and if we do draft one in the first round we won’t be paying  Edmunds 12 mil too.

it’s on buffalobills.com I just posted the link earlier in the thread.

Edited by Vickveto

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Moving on from Edmunds is similar to the idea being floated that the team move on from Jordan Poyer.

In each case there are a lot of people here who aren't considering the impact that trading away a respected team leader would have on the locker room.

FWIW, Edmunds is a team captain and a guy the Bills traded up to pick in the 1st round. He's been an exemplary teammate, doing everything expected and asked of him within his powers.

If the Bills are so coldly calculating as to trade away a respected veteran leader for the promise of a rookie, isn't that risky in terms of the locker room ripple effect?

I would argue thst Poyer is more of a leader than Edmunds...trade Edmunds, extend Poyer 1-2 more years...👍

43 minutes ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

Didn’t he get a game ball one week with average  statistical day?

Isn’t he a team captain 3 years now?

Doesn’t Edmonds align the defense on the field? 
Didn't we have the number 1 Defense?

maybe the coaches see things we the fans don’t. 

Not getting the Edmunds hate 

It’s not so much Edmunds hate, as it is Edmunds disappointment...👍

• Agree 2

As much as we like to believe that we can excape cap jail forever by showering people with signing bonuses, it is getting to a point where finding same or better production for less money is a top priority.

In that context, regardless of who comes in or who leaves, I would not be surprised if we moved an experienced player for an extra pick. Will that player be Edmunds? Hard to say, but I would not categorically exclude it.

Whether you like that possibility or not, the slim chance that such a move may happen adds some excitement to our draft, which is a welcome proposition when your team picks at the bottom of the round...

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

While your concern is duly noted, as culture is an intangible quality that is difficult to predict, I need to ask: if Edmunds IS actually traded, then don't you think some of his teammates (in addition to the scouts, coaches, and administrators) would have privately and even quietly assessed that his on-field performance does NOT demonstrably argue IN FAVOR of a big contract extension? 

Players know that good teams have to make difficult roster decisions. It's a good problem to have. And players know who is worthy and who is not. It's like any workplace. And they know that even some worthy players won't fit into the cap allocations of their team's longterm plans. 

So my point is that trading away either Edmunds OR Poyer is to be expected and easy to move on from. Trading away BOTH players is less expected and less easy to simply move on from for their teammates. But that could be why bringing in "juice" guys like Philips and Lawson is so smart. 

I considered what you wrote before my first post and had two thoughts:

1) I think it's more likely that his teammates view Edmunds more highly than you do.

2) There's 2 scenarios... drafting his eventual replacement and (per the original post) drafting his immediate replacement and trading Edmunds away. My concerns regard the second scenario where a rookie replaces a team captain before a season in which the team is supposedly all in on a Super Bowl victory. In this latter scenario I can definitely imagine a lot of surprise and bewilderment amongst the players... basically a WTF? reaction.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Vickveto said:

The “insiders” don’t have a clue either. The Bills don’t have leaks. 

• Agree 1

I haven't paid much mind to the edge players in this year's class, but my favorite player from the video things I have watched is Devin Lloyd.   Gardner a close second, but Lloyd is the guy I hope is not drafted in our division.   He is really good, I think. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.