Why arm strength matters(Mac Jones/Josh Allen comparison in playoff game by Cover 1)

Big Turk

20 hours ago, SoTier said:

After decades of being on the receiving end of manure from Pats, Fins, and Jests fans because this franchise was so hopeless for so long, I revel in knowing that we have one of the very best organizations in the NFL that found a generational talent at QB.  I don't get my jollies rubbing other teams' proverbial noses in poop on a MB.  The Bills kicking butt during the season and playoffs is sweet enough revenge.

Totally agree.  IMO, Belichick wanted Jones because he thinks he can coach him into a facsimile of Brady.  Maybe he can but he probably won't, but certainly Brady and Brees are examples of guys without rocket arms who are going to Canton on the first ballot.

Unfortunately, QBs like Rodgers or Mahomes or Allen don't come along that often.   That's why they're "generational talents".  

Mostly, the best a team can realistically hope for is getting a Russell Wilson or a Ben Roethlisberger or Drew Brees.  They're great QBs but a team that finds a Rodgers, Mahomes or Allen has a horseshoe up its butt.  For a team to get into the position to draft a top QB prospect when it needs one usually means having several circumstances to fall their way.  The best QB in a draft class may very well not be the #1 overall pick.  Rodgers (#24), Mahomes(#10) or Allen(#7) weren't the first QBs taken in their draft classes. 

Willis and Coral have arm talent.  Those are likely the only Qbs going top 10 this year.     Buffalo showed they prefer traits in rd 1.  White, Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Rouseau all have an elite trait.  I expect the prospect they draft this year will aswell. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.