New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Their fluff early schedule kept me from saying they're the best team in baseball.  But 3 of their last 4 series have been against real-deal opponents (Twins, Rays, Jays) and they've definitely proven that - right now - they are the best.

Mets starters keep going down, but they have weathered Atlanta's 14-game win streak and are currently 5.5 up with the 2nd best record in baseball.  I'll take it.

Been a fun season, so far, for NY baseball fans.

A Subway WS would be fun.

• Agree 2

After being in Iceland and the British Isles for 2 weeks, I can attest that the NY Yankees

franchise is a huge favorite.

Yankee hats and tee shirts were THE most worn items.

Of course I wore Bills shirts and got some comments on the cruise.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

After being in Iceland and the British Isles for 2 weeks, I can attest that the NY Yankees

franchise is a huge favorite.

Yankee hats and tee shirts were THE most worn items.

Of course I wore Bills shirts and got some comments on the cruise.

I live in NJ so I am obviously in Yankees territory but what is the favorite baseball team for fans in the Buffalo area? Is it the Yanks, Mets, Blue Jays as Toronto is close by?

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I wonder how many Toronto, Pittsburgh or Cleveland fans there are in WNY.  All of those teams are significantly closer than NYC.

I don’t need to wonder, because I live here. Yankees 1 Mets and Red Sox are a close 2 and 3, Toronto 4.

4 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

I don’t need to wonder, because I live here. Yankees 1 Mets 2 Toronto 3….

I would add Toronto has creeped up a little on the Mets/Red Sox, but that’s contingent on the Bisons, which is not a permanent Sabres/Amerks type relationship.

Edited by NobesBLO13

On 6/12/2022 at 8:26 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Will be nice to see how they match up against real major league teams. 

So the answer to this is that they went 9-4 in the 13 game gauntlet against Tampa, Toronto and Houston that was being discussed.

The Houston series was really tightly contested.   Two late comebacks for the Yanks, lot's of great pitching on both sides..........even the Astros combined no-hitter looked like the Yanks had taken a 3-2 lead in the 8th on a sky high Gallo fly ball to right that somehow stayed in the park when those rarely do.    

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So the answer to this is that they went 9-4 in the 13 game gauntlet against Tampa, Toronto and Houston that was being discussed.

The Houston series was really tightly contested.   Two late comebacks for the Yanks, lot's of great pitching on both sides..........even the Astros combined no-hitter looked like the Yanks had taken a 3-2 lead in the 8th on a sky high Gallo fly ball to right that somehow stayed in the park when those rarely do.    

And?

• Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Both of these teams would be better off not to have to face each other in the post season. But it feels like they are on a  collision course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.