New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if you ask me, I will tell you that the Mets, too, have underachieved with they money they've spent over the years.  Both teams have failed.  Miserably.

The only thing money promises you is having a chance. That is what people never understood. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The only thing money promises you is having a chance. That is what people never understood. 

I think the difference between the Mets and Yankees is that the Mets have spent money stupidly (Cano) and the Yankees bought good players, only to let Girardi - who I consider to be a top-notch Manager - go, only to replace him with an unproven, unexperienced bean counter.

To that note, the Mets have also made bad decisions with GM and Manager hires in recent years.  I feel good about the current regime, but the annual injury bug has already been biting.

I've always maintained that, had the Yankees retained Girardi, their WS drought would have ended the year(s) after his departure.

MLB best 28-9 record after a third straight W in Baltimore, 3-2 behind Cole and Holmes,  while resting both LeMahieu and Stanton.

Dow note though,  looks like Luis Gil is headed for Tommy John surgery so he probably won't be back in the mix until 2024 now.

But sounds like Domingo German might be back after the all-star break, maybe sooner.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just talking to @Mike in Horseheads(Orioles fan) about how it felt like the Yankees play the Orioles every week.

After this current 3-game series, 29% of Baltimore's games will have been against the Yankees after 45 games.

Yeah, those Yankees are a steam roller, alright.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was just talking to @Mike in Horseheads(Orioles fan) about how it felt like the Yankees play the Orioles every week.

After this current 3-game series, 29% of Baltimore's games will have been against the Yankees after 45 games.

Yeah, those Yankees are a steam roller, alright.

I like when jealous people post in here.

Just now, TBBills said:

I like when jealous people post in here.

Mets have played some formidable opponents to begin the season and I'd rather have it that way.  One really can't deny that playing almost 1/3 of your first 45 games against the same (sorry, Mike) horrible team kind of makes those 30 wins look a little less impressive.  And I think it's a crappy way for a team like Baltimore to have to begin its season.  It was nearly imminent that they'd be double-digit games back this early.  I think it's poor scheduling.

Just now, Gugny said:

Mets have played some formidable opponents to begin the season and I'd rather have it that way.  One really can't deny that playing almost 1/3 of your first 45 games against the same (sorry, Mike) horrible team kind of makes those 30 wins look a little less impressive.  And I think it's a crappy way for a team like Baltimore to have to begin its season.  It was nearly imminent that they'd be double-digit games back this early.  I think it's poor scheduling.

Wrong, might want to check that again. You have wins over the Phillies, Marlins, Nationals for most of your games all who either have a record around the same as Orioles or worse.

Edited by TBBills

Imagine being a Mets fan thinking you are so smart but not realizing you played 16 games against teams with record either around the same as the O's or worse...

Also doesn't help b/c you can argue that its b.c the O's had to play the League best Yankees 10 times is why they have 17 wins... but no excuses for 3 different teams with bad records.

Edited by TBBills

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Imagine being a Mets fan thinking you are so smart but not realizing you played 16 games against teams with record either around the same as the O's or worse...

Also doesn't help b/c you can argue that its b.c the O's had to play the League best Yankees 10 times is why they have 17 wins... but no excuses for 3 different teams with bad records.

The Mets have played PHI, ARI, SF, ATL, COL and STL - all teams with 19 or more wins, a total of 33/43 games.  Their other two opponents, SEA and WAS, have 14 and 17 wins, respectively.

The Yankees have played BOS, TOR and CHI - all teams with 19 or more wins, a total of 19/41 games.  Their other opponents (wins):  BAL (17), DET (14), CLE (17), KC (14), TEX (18).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

The Mets have played PHI, ARI, SF, ATL, COL and STL - all teams with 19 or more wins, a total of 33/43 games.  Their other two opponents, SEA and WAS, have 14 and 17 wins, respectively.

The Yankees have played BOS, TOR and CHI - all teams with 19 or more wins, a total of 19/41 games.  Their other opponents (wins):  BAL (17), DET (14), CLE (17), KC (14), TEX (18).

17 wins is only 2 away from 19... 16 games of teams with bad records. Hide your jealousy better, Mets fans can't handle having a good record, this is how you act? 

It's OK you can learn from the best organization in the history of American Sports how to win and not look like a Jets fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

17 wins is only 2 away from 19... 16 games of teams with bad records. Hide your jealousy better, Mets fans can't handle having a good record, this is how you act? 

It's OK you can learn from the best organization in the history of American Sports how to win and not look like a Jets fan.

You done got your ass kicked.

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

image.png.061ae7d94c149d3fc62540ee679415f5.png

Here come the jealous Mets fans, they hate winners and don't know how to act like one.  The more you post here the better the Yankees must be playing.

Yankees must have won again, Mets fan reacted to this post.

Classy Mets fans dragging the Orioles through the mud because they had to play the Yankees.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

LOL, no wonder everyone hates Yankee fans...  You'd think such an organization, with overwhelming financial advantages, would have actually won a title more recently than 2009.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

You'd think such an organization, with overwhelming financial advantages, would have actually won a title more recently than 2009.

You would think...........but the ownership is the greediest in sports.    Two decades ago George used to spend $250M to make $30M.    20 years later his son Hal spends less than $220M to make about $500M.    I mean they own their own TV network and are worth almost 50% more than the next closest team (Dodgers).   They are printing money and when it comes that easy it tends to feed the greed.    Best thing that happened to Yankee fans was the Mets getting sold to a spender.    Hal has been able to lean on the fact that the Mess weren't spending money.    Not anymore.

But the reason everyone is either a Yankee fan or hates the Yankees is because they always win.    

Grasp that........they haven't had a losing season since the Bills were in their SB run of the early 90's.

They will cruise to their 30th consecutive winning season this year.

There is obviously not anyone in major sport close to that.

Second longest streak all time.......to their own run of 39 straight from the 1920's into the 1960's........and they will likely break that streak.

As for whether they win more than 5 WS titles in that time..........that may be up to Hal wanting it bad enough.    He hasn't been willing to go all-in like they did in 2009 when George was still alive.........or like the Dodgers, Red Sox and Astros have at various times over the past decade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.