New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Hey, Virg.

How was Florida?

Not bad.  I don’t recommend coming during Spring Break, as the crowdedness is a bit much.  Our flight back today is already delayed, so I’m preparing for a fun time at the airport 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yanks lousy bats wasted "Nestor Sunday"

12 K's in 5 scoreless innings..........including an immaculate inning.

792k.gif

I was at the game.  If only Boone, Judge, and Donaldson could have heard me over the crowd.  They may have gotten restraining orders 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• BADOLBILZ changed the title to New York Yankees 2022....world's most valuable sports franchise($7B)
On 4/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

As long as you aren't a fan of a Boston pro sports team you are entitled to your opinion. :thumbsup:

The Buffalo/Boston pro sports rivalry is too geographically personal for it to be acceptable to cross over.

Lifelong Red Sox fan here.  It's not that big a deal.

8-6 after 4-1 win over Cleveland.

Judge 2 HR's.

Takeaway.........pitching is getting ridiculous in MLB.

Michael King comes out of pen and strikes out 8 in 3 innings.......last 7 straight.

Of all the changes that baseball could make the one I'd like the most would be going to a smaller,  round strike zone.

Ball is round.......bat is round.......but strike zone is a square or rectangle and anything that touches the outside edge,  no matter how negligibly.......is a strike..........so the zone is actually much bigger than that box.

And the very corners are extremely difficult pitches to hit AT ALL let alone at 98 and moving like a wiffle ball.

As a result of the big strike zone full of unhittable areas........pitchers are able to throw tons of absurd breaking pitches that wouldn't be worthwhile if they had to have better command.

Make the zone round and subsequently smaller...........see more balls in play.

THEN if there are too many HR's worry about moving the fence back or raising the walls.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

Bad look for the bleacher creatures today throwing stuff at players, on the warning track and hitting an ump: https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/guardians-rip-yankees-fans-after-altercation-worst-fan-base/

But I can't give a pass to the Cleveland outfielder who confronted a fan. Doesn't justify the fan reaction, but that never ends well.

Good look for Judge and Stanton leaving the celebration to try to calm things down.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Bad look for the bleacher creatures today throwing stuff at players, on the warning track and hitting an ump: https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/guardians-rip-yankees-fans-after-altercation-worst-fan-base/

But I can't give a pass to the Cleveland outfielder who confronted a fan. Doesn't justify the fan reaction, but that never ends well.

Good look for Judge and Stanton leaving the celebration to try to calm things down.

The fan aspect is just an eyeroll.   Where was Sam Wyche to point out that throwing things on the field is a Cleveland fan thing. :lol:

The story there is players gotta' keep their ***** together.

Rookie mistake from a young outfielder literally climbing the wall to get at a supposed "heckler"........which of course is a relative term in "outrage" culture.

Fans will always be fans and the alcohol they consume impairs their judgement but in the big picture puts big money in the players pockets..........so they need to understand that you don't ever go after the fans........and if you do........there will be repercussions for initiating a riot and you will get fined.

• Agree 1

10-6

Nice sweep of Cleveland with a 10-2 win.

Big game for LeMahieu......3-3.........though one was aided by a bonehead play by Mercado.

Pitching continues to be the story.   Cole looked good.  Almost another shutout.

Their fan-fighting antics yesterday seemed to have an impact on Cleveland........Mercado and Straw were a mess today.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Just another sign of the times.  People feel invincible behind their keyboards and behind fences.   This is a despicable display by the fans.  I'm not gonna single out Yankees fans, as this happens all over.  I don't know why it's acceptable behavior.  It's not what athletes/entertainers "sign up for."

I would have been perfectly fine with one of the players decking one of those idiot's in the face; just like I was fine with Tyson giving that shmuck a beatdown on the plane.  No .. it's not right.  But Jesus Christ, enough is enough.  

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just another sign of the times.  People feel invincible behind their keyboards and behind fences.   This is a despicable display by the fans.  I'm not gonna single out Yankees fans, as this happens all over.  I don't know why it's acceptable behavior.  It's not what athletes/entertainers "sign up for."

I would have been perfectly fine with one of the players decking one of those idiot's in the face; just like I was fine with Tyson giving that shmuck a beatdown on the plane.  No .. it's not right.  But Jesus Christ, enough is enough.  

I agree with you 100% but unfortunately its the sign of the times. While their are a lot of positives and benefits from social media their has also been a lot of negatives with it as well. These athletes have to watch what they do even if it isn't their fault. I bet that schmuck who took a beatdown from Tyson has probably already contacted a lawyer and will now sue for big bucks. 

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I agree with you 100% but unfortunately its the sign of the times. While their are a lot of positives and benefits from social media their has also been a lot of negatives with it as well. These athletes have to watch what they do even if it isn't their fault. I bet that schmuck who took a beatdown from Tyson has probably already contacted a lawyer and will now sue for big bucks. 

I know this much........if this situation occurred in 1983 the player ain't going anywhere near the drunken fans in the stands.   He'd have had a glass beer bottle smashed across his teeth by an inebriated fan in a heartbeat and the cops wouldn't know who to blame.  I mean sh*t......fans used to throw D batteries at opposing players in Shea Stadium.   Fans know that the cell phones are on now too.   That actually minimized the damage.

Some players just don't know where their bread is buttered.    You ignore opposing fans.   You simply can't win an encounter with opposing fans so don't even bother.

• Like (+1) 2

I know this much........if this situation occurred in 1983 the player ain't going anywhere near the drunken fans in the stands.   He'd have had a glass beer bottle smashed across his teeth by an inebriated fan in a heartbeat and the cops wouldn't know who to blame.  I mean sh*t......fans used to throw D batteries at opposing players in Shea Stadium.   Fans know that the cell phones are on now too.   That actually minimized the damage.

Some players just don't know where their bread is buttered.    You ignore opposing fans.   You simply can't win an encounter with opposing fans so don't even bother.

Wasn't their an incident back in the 70's or 80's when Mike Milbury was playing for the Bruins. He climbed over the glass at MSG and beat a Rangers fan over his head with the fan's own shoe.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just because the fans pay money to see them, doesn't give the fans the right to berate and push athletes to the brink of wanting to fight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.