New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Aaron Judge is simply having a GREAT season.

57 home runs thru 142 team games.

Babe Ruth hit his old AL record 60 HR in 154 team games.

Somehow he is creeping up on a batting title and a possible 60+ HR Triple Crown.

He's definitely made the case the Yankees contract offer was low.  This isn't going to be an every season thing and injuries happen to the bigger guys, but wow...didn't realize he was in the Triple Crown race until looking up his line yesterday.  

22 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

He's definitely made the case the Yankees contract offer was low.  This isn't going to be an every season thing and injuries happen to the bigger guys, but wow...didn't realize he was in the Triple Crown race until looking up his line yesterday.  

I would love to see it. Would be fantastic for baseball for a Yankee to break the true single-season HR record.

27 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Yeah he may well return to his prior form for a couple seasons and then fall off a cliff..........baseball players age out fast now..........but if he breaks the AL HR record that will be a long lasting feather in the Yankees cap such that they should just pay the man.    7 years $350M sounds crazy but he's been worth every cent of that to the organization while playing on his pre-free deals.    He's been the most popular player in the game most of the time that he's been in the league.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I would love to see it. Would be fantastic for baseball for a Yankee to break the true single-season HR record.

Ruth or Maris? He's got a reasonable shot at breaking Ruth's record - which would be incredible. The Maris record looks well within reach - which would still be very impressive.

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Ruth or Maris? He's got a reasonable shot at breaking Ruth's record - which would be incredible. The Maris record looks well within reach - which would still be very impressive.

Maris.  61 is the record I grew up respecting and I continue to do so. Shameful how it was “broken.”

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maris.  61 is the record I grew up respecting and I continue to do so. Shameful how it was “broken.”

At the time wasn't Maris booed by Yankees fans and media who loved Ruth because his totals were in 154 games where as Maris did it in a 162 game season. I remember watching a documentary and Maris went thru hell with the fans and media who were pro-Ruth. They were saying that he didn't have the record because he couldn't beat Ruth's totals in 154 games.

Edited by Greg S

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

At the time wasn't Maris booed by Yankees fans and media who loved Ruth because his totals were in 154 games where as Maris did it in a 162 game season. I remember watching a documentary and Maris went thru hell with the fans and media who were pro-Ruth. They were saying that he didn't have the record because he couldn't beat Ruth's totals in 154 games.

Yep, and that's totally understandable back then/in that context.  I think it's wise to remember/respect/compare Ruth's record to what Judge is doing on his way to 62.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep, and that's totally understandable back then/in that context.  I think it's wise to remember/respect/compare Ruth's record to what Judge is doing in his way to 62.

I feel the same way about the rushing record which belongs to OJ. Only RB to rush for over for 2,000 yards in just 14 games. Dickerson had a fantastic season in 1984 but 2,003 yards in 14 games beats 2,105 yards in 16 games. 

22 minutes ago, Greg S said:

100%. Maris broke the record on the last day of the season. 

https://www.history.com/news/roger-maris-mickey-mantle-babe-ruth-home-run-record#:~:text=In a pressure-packed 1961,York Yankees teammate%2C Mickey Mantle.&text=Graphics%2FGetty Images-,In a pressure-packed 1961 season%2C Roger Maris hit 61,York Yankees teammate%2C Mickey Mantle.

• Like (+1) 1

• BADOLBILZ changed the title to New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge hits 60th HR........for world's most valuable sports franchise($7B)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.