New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Nice win last night over Seattle. Much needed to end the losing streak. Hopefully they can put a few wins together now. Judge with bomb #44 last night.

Looks like you may have lost Carpenter for the season, though.  Sad for him.

I get there are ups and downs in a season but this "down time" is going on a little too long for my liking. WTF happened to this team. They are lucky they have a big lead in the division. Need to get out of this slump which seems like its been 3 weeks to a month now.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I get there are ups and downs in a season but this "down time" is going on a little too long for my liking. WTF happened to this team. They are lucky they have a big lead in the division. Need to get out of this slump which seems like its been 3 weeks to a month now.

With the division lead they have, they're in no danger of locking up the AL East.  I know the Yankees are more interested in having the  best regular season record, but if this was the Mets in the same situation, I'd be happy (silver lining kind of happy) that the slump is taking place in August and not in October.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

With the division lead they have, they're in no danger of locking up the AL East.  I know the Yankees are more interested in having the  best regular season record, but if this was the Mets in the same situation, I'd be happy (silver lining kind of happy) that the slump is taking place in August and not in October.

And as much as it pains you, so are the Yankees too. 

It's only August 17th.  Yankees only 9 games up.  There was a team called: The 1969 Chicago Cubs.  Nothing is impossible. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They have been comically bad lately.   All the sub-700 OPS(league average) guys that they have kept insisting were actually good hitters have been killing the team.    Even before the recent offensive struggles guys like Judge, Carpenter, Stanton and LeMahieu had been carrying the team all season.    

Hicks is an over-ripe version of what Tremaine Edmunds is to Bills fans.   Everything Hicks does poorly is magnified now because the entire league knows exactly what pitch to throw him in every situation to make him look like a clown and he is mentally incapable of adjusting his ridiculously bad habits.   It's become hilarious to watch.   Dude was a career .165 hitter with the bases loaded......it's basically impossible for a major league player to hit that poorly when the pitcher has to throw a strike....... and then he comes up with the sacks drunk and squibs into a 1-2-3 DP on Tuesday.   .164 now I guess? :lol:

Hal and Cashman are dedicated to not cutting their losses but when it comes to guys like Gallo, Hicks, Gonzalez and Donaldson it's getting so bad they might have no choice but to swallow their pride and eat that money.    It's their fault these guys are getting relentlessly boo'd.   You can't march out a Joey Gallo hitting .150 for 150 games.   I don't care what team it is.   The young guys they have at Scranton aren't real high average hitters either but they can come up and provide more juice than these dried up f*cks have.:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And as much as it pains you, so are the Yankees too. 

It's only August 17th.  Yankees only 9 games up.  There was a team called: The 1969 Chicago Cubs.  Nothing is impossible. 

Difference is that the Cubs missed the playoffs because only 2 teams made the playoffs in each league in 1969.

Yankees are on their way to their 30th consecutive winning season..........with 7 teams getting in, they will make the playoffs.

The Cubs have had like one two season winning streak in 100 years. :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Montas bad again. Nice pickup Cashman. So much for our "red hot" one game winning streak.

Cashman should be fired.  None of his trades make any sense.  The additions to the bullpen are awful, and jettisoning Montegomery to get an outfielder who may never play this year was irrational.  

• Like (+1) 2

I'm a recent Yankees fan (last 5 years - didn't understand baseball before that). Pretty rabid about it now - but man, the attitude of fellow Yankees fans can be off-putting.  They remind me so much of today's Pats fans.

This team has a 9 game lead in the division.  It's a long season.  No one sprints the whole time.  They will be fine.

7 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Cashman should be fired.  None of his trades make any sense.  The additions to the bullpen are awful, and jettisoning Montegomery to get an outfielder who may never play this year was irrational.  

I disagree.  His trade deadline this year made 100% sense to me. The Yanks needed a contact hitter, a starter & help in the BP. He got all 3.

Would Castillo have been better than Montas? Sure. But there are 31 other teams, and the Reds didn't like our prospects as much.

And as far as Monty - he was only in the starting rotation in the playoffs if there were injuries.  We need CF more.  Bader is one of the best defensive players in the league.

Edited by Success
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.