New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

Last night was a bad loss losing to the Reds after being up 3-0. Now have lost 3 in a row. No panic as there are ups and downs when you play 162 but they need stop the bleeding today. Losing to a bad Reds team especially at home shouldn't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Mid july and that is the first time the Yankees lost 3 in a row. It was due...

I just had to look.  Actually, the Yankees lost 3 in a row back in May also. Dropped a double-header to the ChiSox, then lost to Baltimore the next day.

Yankees have lost twice in a row six times and three times in a row twice.

Mets have lost twice in a row six times and three times in a row once (at the end of June).

We face each other twice at the end of July and twice at the end of August.  Should be fun!

• Like (+1) 1

Wasn't pretty as they fell behind 4-0 early but a much needed win (7-6) to stop a 3 game losing streak. Obviously there will be ups and downs during a 162 game season but a 2nd loss in a row to the hapless Reds at home shouldn't happen and it didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Loved seeing Mike Stanton show some emotion after that called strike out.  Also hope Sevvy is okay 

I had no idea Mike Stanton's son is on the Yankees.  That's pretty cool.

• Eyeroll 1

Nice way to close out the 1st half of the season. Back to back blowout wins over the Sox. Outscored them 27-3. The Yanks currently have a 4.5 game lead for best record in the AL. Unless they collapse (doubtful) the AL East is basically locked up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Should be one of the more intriguing trade deadlines ever.

I can't believe that Soto and Ohtani could possibly be traded...........they are amazing players and not pending UFA's...........and Castillo is going to be a great fit in a big market somewhere.    His changeup has been my favorite pitch thrown by anyone for the past few years.   

I know Yankee fans are always demanding Hal get a star player just because he's making 50x as much money every year as some of the small market clubs and really doesn't have an excuse to not spend............but these 3 players literally check EVERY box you could ask for in a Yankee.    Incredible,  HOF quality LH bats in their prime.......one of whom is also an ACE.     And another RH pitcher with ace potential who forces ground balls like Castillo?   Wow.

Probably get none........Hal IS cheap.............but if there were ever a time for Lil' Stein to tap into the billions he's pocketed since George passed.........THIS is the time.    

Eat the Corbin contract.........hell eat the ridiculous Strasburg contract instead if that's what it takes. :lol:   

Two cool pieces if trivia from the Mets radio broadcast tonight:

There were 4 HRs in the first inning tonight (Judge, Rizzo, Marte, Escobar). Thats's the first time it's ever happened in a Mets home game.

Isiah Kiner-Falefa is a distant cousin of Hall of Famer and long time Mets broadcaster Ralph Kiner.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Two cool pieces if trivia from the Mets radio broadcast tonight:

There were 4 HRs in the first inning tonight (Judge, Rizzo, Marte, Escobar). Thats's the first time it's ever happened in a Mets home game.

Isiah Kiner-Falefa is a distant cousin of Hall of Famer and long time Mets broadcaster Ralph Kiner.

Very cool!

Another fun fact:  Aaron Boone managed the Yankees into a loss tonight!  Pitching to McNeil and bringing Gallo in to hit.  BRILLIANT!!!  Thanks, analytics boy!!!

#LFGM

Yanks got Benintendi for a few pretty good pitching prospects.  

Yanks have an abundance of young arms in low-mid minors but nice haul for KC considering Benintendi is a free agent and they had no intention of keeping him.

Benintendi was always a player who I thought would look good in pinstripes.    Might be an .800 OPS guy in NY and is made to play LF in Yankee stadium.

The flip side of it being a good get for the Yanks is that being cheap has lead to them having to trade 7 prospects for Gallo and Benintendi in the past year.

In the offseason of 2020 they had a chance to sign Michael Brantley.......a juiced up version of Benintendi..........for about 2 years and $30M.

Seemed like an OBVIOUS fit..........they sniffed around...........and inexplicably passed.

Address the problems in UFA.........stop with the luxury tax avoidance BS.

They came into the season with no competition for Hicks and Gallo..........two proven unreliable performers..........they had nobody at the minor league level ready to step in............but they went without a net and ended up with those 2 being automatic outs for much of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Judge is on pace to break Maris's record.  Would be great for baseball.

I agree.  It would be awesome to see that record broken outside of the steroid era.  If it could be done by a Yankee, even better.  

To this day, "61" still stands as the record in my eyes.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree.  It would be awesome to see that record broken outside of the steroid era.  If it could be done by a Yankee, even better.  

To this day, "61" still stands as the record in my eyes.

I have my thoughts on the steroid era and while I love the baseball purist POV, the main people to blame for the hype of the juice era are the fans.  We loved the long ball and clamored for it and knew exactly what was going on.  It was only afterwards that we started villifying the players. Sure bonds may have been a crusty prick, but Sosa and McGwire were pretty much fan favorites before it all.  Oh well, I suppose that's pretty much what being a fan is. 

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I have my thoughts on the steroid era and while I love the baseball purist POV, the main people to blame for the hype of the juice era are the fans.  We loved the long ball and clamored for it and knew exactly what was going on.  It was only afterwards that we started villifying the players. Sure bonds may have been a crusty prick, but Sosa and McGwire were pretty much fan favorites before it all.  Oh well, I suppose that's pretty much what being a fan is. 

I blame MLB.  They have too much control of the game and can alter it too easily.  The steroid era was brought upon by the strike, which crippled baseball.  It caused a lot of fans of the game to walk away.  MLB jumped on the opportunity to go after more casual fans and the long ball made sense.  They want the people who watch NASCAR for the crashes and NHL for the fights.

I'm still upset that a lot of great records fell to this manmade power surge.  But my stance has softened.  I do believe these players deserve their spots in the HOF.  I didn't believe that for a long, long time.  But the steroid era is just another era in the game when it's all said and done.

Now MLB is farting around with the ball to alter the game.  They're limiting what pitchers can/cannot use (sticky stuff), which has altered the game (and made it less safe for batters), they're making all of these dumbass rules like the runner at 2B for extra innings.

Whether or not they achieve their goal (to speed up the game/to attract more casual fans), Rob Manfred is ruining the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.