New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Judge is on pace to break Maris's record.  Would be great for baseball.

Thank God for Judge. After dropping 2 to the Mets they needed last night's win. Give credit to the Royals starter as he was dominant last night. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I agree.  It would be awesome to see that record broken outside of the steroid era.  If it could be done by a Yankee, even better.  

To this day, "61" still stands as the record in my eyes.

Oh yeah.  That should be the number as all players caught using steroids should have their stats removed from record.

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh yeah.  That should be the number as all players caught using steroids should have their stats removed from record.

I used to feel the same way, Doc, but I've given up on that.

I think it's just going to have to be up to the individual to choose which number to respect/honor/appreciate. 61 and 755 will be the records, in my eyes, until they're broken outside of the steroid era.

But I know that the official records read differently.  I honestly don't even know that the actual records are.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I used to feel the same way, Doc, but I've given up on that.

I think it's just going to have to be up to the individual to choose which number to respect/honor/appreciate. 61 and 755 will be the records, in my eyes, until they're broken outside of the steroid era.

But I know that the official records read differently.  I honestly don't even know that the actual records are.

One could also consider Babe Ruth's 60 HR's the record since he did it in a 154 game season whereas Maris hit his 61st on the last day of a 162 game season.

2 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Is that over 154 games or 162?

I say the same thing when it comes to Eric Dickerson's single season rushing "record" of 2,105 yards in 1984. Everyone knows the real rushing record and gold standard for RB's is OJ's 2,003 yards in 1973. Only RB in NFL history to rush for over 2,000 yards in just 14 games.

OJ -  2,003 yards in 14 games >>>>> Eric - 2,105 yards in 16 games

Edited by Greg S

Picked up a solid #2 starter in Frankie Montas.   Gave up some nice young prospect pitchers but when you are unnecessarily cheap in the offseason that's what you gotta' do(Carlos Rodon would have been nice).

Injurino back in his comfort zone on the 60 day IL now.    He won't be back until mid-September at earliest.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

5 game losing streak. Stuff happens over 162 but it would be nice to break out of this slump and get a win now.

They've built up such an enormous lead that this will end up just being a tiny bump in the road.  As you said ... long season and every team has its ups and downs.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They've built up such an enormous lead that this will end up just being a tiny bump in the road.  As you said ... long season and every team has its ups and downs.

The division is pretty much locked up but keeping the best record in the AL is not. If the Yankees and Astros meet in the playoffs I want any potential game 7 to be played in the Bronx.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.