New York Yankees 2022....Aaron Judge sets AL record with HR #62

BADOLBILZ

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think Boone was the absolute worst hire they could have made.  Zero experience.  Relies solely on analytics.  That's simply not a good hire.

I HATED when the Mets would hire rookie managers.  Willie Randolph was the worst.  Christ, I'm getting angry just typing his name (in this context).

Mets were absolutely blessed when Beltran got roped into the cheating scandal.  Rojas, God bless him, was thrown into the fire too quickly and I really do hope he gets another chance someday.  He was just not ready to take on a team in the Big Apple.

Boone has no business being the manager of a team like the Yankees.  If I were a Yankees fan, I'd be pissed.

Pretty much. Cashman showed with the Boone hire he wanted a guy he could dictate to…as opposed to work with. It’s the polar opposite of what we have in McBeane. 
If you see something in him then fine, give him Scranton and let him learn. If he doesn’t want that then you’d know he wasn’t serious about wanting to be a manager and learn the trade. 

• Agree 1

Nice 10-4 win over Minnesota despite bad defense and an uncharacteristically bad start by a Yankees starting pitcher.

The hard part was having to watch ol' Hairy Snatchez behind the plate again.........as usual about 10 pitches ended up getting past him and hitting the backstop.  That's just ugly baseball to watch.   So glad he is playing for someone else.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nice 10-4 win over Minnesota despite bad defense and an uncharacteristically bad start by a Yankees starting pitcher.

The hard part was having to watch ol' Hairy Snatchez behind the plate again.........as usual about 10 pitches ended up getting past him and hitting the backstop.  That's just ugly baseball to watch.   So glad he is playing for someone else.

Hairy Snatchez? I don’t think that’s an insult that works for a male. You can do better.

3 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Hairy Snatchez?

Yes.......because hair serves to trap and intensify the natural odor of the genitalia.   And without question,  Hairy brings maximum stank every time he sets up behind the plate.

And every time a ball skips past him as he carelessly tries to backhand it the announcers point out that it's not that he doesn't put in the physical work to get better..........which only emphasizes the fact that the cerebral aspect of the catching position is somehow still lost on him 14 years into playing the position at the pro level.  

Having a bad defensive catcher who is also egregiously bad at framing pitches was a big problem for the Yankees in recent seasons.    Trevino and Higgy are lesser career hitters but they are doing wonders with a staff that was held back by the league-worst kinda' defense by Sanchez in recent seasons.

Another day and another win. This time 10-4 which is a "bad" pitching day for the Yankees the way they are going. 40-15. Do you realize if the Yankees play just .500 from here on out they would win 93-94 games. 107 games left so .500 means 53.5 wins. The Yankees will play better barring any injuries. My guess is 100 - 105 wins when the season is over.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Another day and another win. This time 10-4 which is a "bad" pitching day for the Yankees the way they are going. 40-15. Do you realize if the Yankees play just .500 from here on out they would win 93-94 games. 107 games left so .500 means 53.5 wins. The Yankees will play better barring any injuries. My guess is 100 - 105 wins when the season is over.

I've been doing the same calculation/projection for the Mets.  As of now, if they play .500 ball the rest of the way, they'll have 90 wins.  When that number reaches 100, then I'll feel comfortable with the lead they have in the division.

Yankees are kicking ass, as they should be.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I've been doing the same calculation/projection for the Mets.  As of now, if they play .500 ball the rest of the way, they'll have 90 wins.  When that number reaches 100, then I'll feel comfortable with the lead they have in the division.

Yankees are kicking ass, as they should be.

The Blue Jays and Rays are still hanging around though. But the Yankees should win the division barring injuries or a major collapse. The Mets are also in good shape in the NL East. Long way to go but both teams should make the playoffs this season. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Blue Jays and Rays are still hanging around though. But the Yankees should win the division barring injuries or a major collapse. The Mets are also in good shape in the NL East. Long way to go but both teams should make the playoffs this season. 

Injury bug is doing its damndest to bring the Mets to earth.  Alonso got plunked for the 7th time this season last night and got nailed on the wrist.  X-rays were negative, but they're still looking at it.  Marte tweaked a quad last night.  Scherzer and deGrom have obviously been out.  McCann, too.  They've done well without Scherzer, deGrom and McCann - but any extended absences from Alonso and/or Marte will definitely concern me.  

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Injury bug is doing its damndest to bring the Mets to earth.  Alonso got plunked for the 7th time this season last night and got nailed on the wrist.  X-rays were negative, but they're still looking at it.  Marte tweaked a quad last night.  Scherzer and deGrom have obviously been out.  McCann, too.  They've done well without Scherzer, deGrom and McCann - but any extended absences from Alonso and/or Marte will definitely concern me.  

Alonso is having a monster year. 54 RBI's already. Losing him for an extended period of time would hurt. But Buck is doing a great job (so far) managing them this year.

• Agree 1

Cole pitches probably the worst game of his career.........gives up HR's to first 3 batters and 5 HR's overall to Twins.

Yanks score last 7 runs and win 10-7.   

9th game of scoring 10 runs or more.......most in MLB..........they love hitting at Target field.........even Hicks and Gallo put up some numbers in this series win.

• Like (+1) 3

In what has to be one of the worst examples of offensive execution in MLB history.........two teams were like 0-35 with runners in scoring position...........the Yanks finally get a hit from the last guy on the bench (Trevino) to walk-off the Cubs 2-1.

Bullpen puts up 7 scoreless and Clay Holmes hits 103 mph with one of his sinkers.

Another dominating performance.........18-4 win over Cubs.    

Matt Carpenter has been a great addition......has looked like near-peak Cardinals version........always had a perfect Yankee stadium swing in those years.

Best run differential in baseball...........almost 20% more HR than the next closes team in MLB(Atlanta)........and biggest divisional lead despite playing in toughest division.

The fewest amount of runs allowed thru 60 games in Yankees team history.

Next 13 games are all against the next 3 best teams in the AL.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Another dominating performance.........18-4 win over Cubs.    

Matt Carpenter has been a great addition......has looked like near-peak Cardinals version........always had a perfect Yankee stadium swing in those years.

Best run differential in baseball...........almost 20% more HR than the next closes team in MLB(Atlanta)........and biggest divisional lead despite playing in toughest division.

The fewest amount of runs allowed thru 60 games in Yankees team history.

Next 13 games are all against the next 3 best teams in the AL.

It will be a good test. This Yankees are rolling right now. With that said I say a minimum of 7-6 is OK but 8-5 or better would be wonderful. The Yankees are at a point where if they play just .500 the rest of the way they will have around 95 wins. Unless injuries mount they will play better than .500. My guess is they win between 100 - 105 games when its all said and done. Win the AL East and go from there.

• Like (+1) 1

Big win against MLB's best LHP and major league strikeout leader......Shane McClanahan.......to take the series from the Rays.

Putting up 4 on him is no small accomplishment.

13 straight wins at Yankee stadium........longest streak since 1973.

Now 30 games over .500.

Gotta' be impossible for anyone to maintain in modern baseball.......but the team is currently on pace for the 3rd highest run differential in MLB history.    (They, of course,  own the other top 2.......1939 and 1927 Yankees.)

Also leading MLB in both home runs hit and fewest home runs allowed.............and also have the best record in baseball in games where they DON'T hit a HR. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2022 at 7:58 AM, Greg S said:

2-0 on this 13 game tough stretch. Nice way to start. 30 games over .500 at 46-16. Let that sink in for a moment. Lets Go Yanks!!!

Their fluff early schedule kept me from saying they're the best team in baseball.  But 3 of their last 4 series have been against real-deal opponents (Twins, Rays, Jays) and they've definitely proven that - right now - they are the best.

Mets starters keep going down, but they have weathered Atlanta's 14-game win streak and are currently 5.5 up with the 2nd best record in baseball.  I'll take it.

Been a fun season, so far, for NY baseball fans.

• Dislike 1

Nice 4-0 win over the Jays and AL ERA leader Alek Manoah.

Between McClanahan and Manoah they've beaten the top LHP and RHP starters in terms of ERA in the AL in past 4 days.

9th straight win........they've won 16 of last 17.

12 game lead in the best division in baseball.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.