Division dominance

Orlando Tim

I just went through Josh and his stats vs the AFC east in the past 2 years, which is 13 games so almost a whole season. He has averaged 272 yards in the air, 40 on the ground, which includes the two high wind games this year which definitely hurt his throwing numbers. His total TDs is 30 passing, 3 rushing and only 3 picks. What I found most interesting is that the 35-0 thrashing of Dolphins this past year and 56-28 win the prior year are not above average number wise for him. His best games seem to be when we need it most. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Josh is very special player.. Which is why we need to get some more quality OL in here to make sure he can stay special 

LOL, the moreI think about our roster, the more I think we need help….

Was talking to a guy about DT the other day, the Bills could definitely use a young 1-tech….OL, CB, WR, RB…. We could use a lot of help in a lot of places, imho….If you think about next season our needs get dizzying, so I won’t go there.  
And we’ll see how Beane drafted DEs the past two years….They don’t take big steps this year our defense is likely to be like last year’s with whoever scores last the winner…Plus, our new DTs have a big say in how we do this year…

Did McBeane hire the right guys? How badly do they want a Super Bowl? On top of that we have Shaq and Phillips as insurance and to be part of the rotation. I have a little more faith in them because I know what they’re here for… Can this defense spring Jordan like the last one? I hope everyone is working out as we speak because that is what we are going to need….

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Was talking to a guy about DT the other day, the Bills could definitely use a young 1-tech….OL, CB, WR, RB…. We could use a lot of help in a lot of places, imho….If you think about next season our needs get dizzying, so I won’t go there.  
And we’ll see how Beane drafted DEs the past two years….They don’t take big steps this year our defense is likely to be like last year’s with whoever scores last the winner…Plus, our new DTs have a big say in how we do this year…

Did McBeane hire the right guys? How badly do they want a Super Bowl? On top of that we have Shaq and Phillips as insurance and to be part of the rotation. I have a little more faith in them because I know what they’re here for… Can this defense spring Jordan like the last one? I hope everyone is working out as we speak because that is what we are going to need….

If you’re dizzy looking at our needs, fans of other NFL teams must have motion sickness this off-season.

You know, considering the Bills are one of, if not the deepest team in the NFL. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Every team has holes, somewhere.  Some of those holes are deep canyons and others are mere depressions, where the player isn't quite good enough but isn't a disaster.

The Bills are built to have as few holes as possible and to have whatever holes do appear be as shallow as possible.  

Right now the only holes on the team are at CB and backup safety.  There are depressions on backup OL positions, and I would like the receiver corps to be deeper (we were so deep there last year) and a better RB.  Compared to the potholes every other team has to work around, we're in great shape.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

If you’re dizzy looking at our needs, fans of other NFL teams must have motion sickness this off-season.

Some fans of other NFL teams must even have vertigo this off-season.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Every team has holes, somewhere.  Some of those holes are deep canyons and others are mere depressions, where the player isn't quite good enough but isn't a disaster.

The Bills are built to have as few holes as possible and to have whatever holes do appear be as shallow as possible.  

Right now the only holes on the team are at CB and backup safety.  There are depressions on backup OL positions, and I would like the receiver corps to be deeper (we were so deep there last year) and a better RB.  Compared to the potholes every other team has to work around, we're in great shape.

The only hole in a NFL roster that matters is the QB.  We don't have one for the foreseeable future. 

10 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I have to say I disagree with you on one aspect.  With regard to the DE's Beane has invested in the past two years, Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa, I don't think that if they don't take big steps this year that our defense will be like last years.  I think the addition of Miller, plus Settle and Jones, and to a lesser degree Lawson and Phillips, we are going to see a much improved defense.  Honestly I think Miller is going to help the young DE's tremendously, and I do believe we'll see strides from Rousseau, Epenesa, and perhaps even Basham.  But I highly doubt we see the same thing we saw last year...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Some fans of other NFL teams must even have vertigo this off-season.

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I have to say I disagree with you on one aspect.  With regard to the DE's Beane has invested in the past two years, Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa, I don't think that if they don't take big steps this year that our defense will be like last years.  I think the addition of Miller, plus Settle and Jones, and to a lesser degree Lawson and Phillips, we are going to see a much improved defense.  Honestly I think Miller is going to help the young DE's tremendously, and I do believe we'll see strides from Rousseau, Epenesa, and perhaps even Basham.  But I highly doubt we see the same thing we saw last year...

C’mon, fellas. It’s billybrew1. He just turned 8 the other day. His dad left home immediately after his birth, his sister walks the streets and his Mom works 3 jobs to pay for his tutoring. Give the little ‘special needs’ kid a break! 🤦‍♂️😆

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

We have fewer needs than pretty much anyone else in the league.

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I just went through Josh and his stats vs the AFC east in the past 2 years, which is 13 games so almost a whole season. He has averaged 272 yards in the air, 40 on the ground, which includes the two high wind games this year which definitely hurt his throwing numbers. His total TDs is 30 passing, 3 rushing and only 3 picks. What I found most interesting is that the 35-0 thrashing of Dolphins this past year and 56-28 win the prior year are not above average number wise for him. His best games seem to be when we need it most. 

This won't happen after the Dome is built Downtown, can't wait

• Haha (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

His best games seem to be when we need it most. 

WTH?  need it most?

When “we” need it most 

That does not compute in regards to the “Dominance” you referred to.  

Dominance = Supremacy 

Need it most is when the odds are stacked against them and a 4th QTR miracle is needed.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTH?  need it most?

When “we” need it most 

Dominance = Supremacy 

Need it most is when the odds are stacked against them and a 4th QTR miracle is needed.  

You seem to have an issue with the English language- you can have degrees of dominance. The playoff game vs Pats was total dominance while win over Jets in wind was a lesser level of dominance. 

• Disagree 2

I’m hoping that the biggest offseason move they made was to change out the OL Coach. I’m certainly no expert on line play but somehow Brady has lasted for decades in this league with countless linemen protecting his arse. I’m guessing it has less to do with the players and way more to do with the coach. 
Go Bills

Edited by SoCal Deek

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You seem to have an issue with the English language- you can have degrees of dominance. The playoff game vs Pats was total dominance while win over Jets in wind was a lesser level of dominance. 

Maybe you should be respectful of others opinions when you post on an open forum

Your analogy is off.  Deal with it.  

Yes the Bills are dominating the AFCE 

here is an example 

I caught a break when I needed it most. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Maybe you should be respectful of others opinions when you post on an open forum

Your analogy is off.  Deal with it.  

Yes the Bills are dominating the AFCE 

here is an example 

I caught a break when I needed it most. 

I was being flippant with my response because I thought you were originally trying to be funny by being pedantic. I don't know where I even made an analogy so I can't respond. 

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTH?  need it most?

When “we” need it most 

Dominance = Supremacy 

I think your being a bit silly to be honest. When we needed Josh the most was when we were down by 4 points with just over a minute left and Josh produced a 6 play drive in 49 seconds. You need your QB to be at his best during the playoffs and we got the most out of Josh those 2 games.. Shady I normally agree with you 100% on these boards but I feel your nitpicking. I 100% agree with Tims bolded. I also feel your QB needs to be at his best when your playing against Division Rivals..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.