Dwayne Haskins killed [Edit: struck by vehicle]

FireChans

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Guy made a bad decision and then paid the ultimate price :( 

This is short version, not what he deserved but bad decisions sometimes have horrible ramifications. Most of us have a story where if our luck had turned bad we would be in much worse shape, his life ended.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Oh damn...Haskins was in the K-Hole when he died?? That explains some things...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ketamine-norketamine-examining-two-drugs-151335682.html

Hey Turk, He wouldn't have been able to drive or walk 'in a K-hole'.

A K-hole is the term used for a really strong peak of a Ketamine high when the body and mind are really detached and you can't interact with anything around you much less move.

K doesn't last as long as other psychedelics. Start to finish is usually about an hour give or take.

The high was probably long gone, but it wasn't metabolized out of his system which is how it was detected by toxicology.

Edited by RocCityRoller

28 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Hey Turk, He wouldn't have been able to drive or walk 'in a K-hole'.

A K-hole is the term used for a really strong peak of a Ketamine high when the body and mind are really detached and you can't interact with anything around you much less move.

K doesn't last as long as other psychedelics. Start to finish is usually about an hour give or take.

The high was probably long gone, but it wasn't metabolized out of his system which is how it was detected by toxicology.

Ehh, when I DJ'd in clubs back in the day, people were in the K-Hole all the time.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:09 PM, StHustle said:

I agree that most of this is likely true and anyone with sense would know what he did doesn’t make him a scumbag or anything else but immature and irresponsible. Plenty young guys are like that. Many who are blessed enough to survive that phase go on to mature and do better. It’s a shame he wasn’t one of those. RIP Haskins. Folks should stop judging them and think back to the dumb crap they did that could have ended similarly.

He is absolutely a scumbag for driving while impaired. He is lucky he only killed himself and nobody else.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Smh…so anyone who has driven drunk are scumbags. Gotcha.

Absolutely. Every single one.

Everyone is worked up about gun violence and school shootings, as they should be.

But you are trying to normalize something that results in over 10,000 deaths every single year? Completely preventable deaths just due to drunk drivers making stupid, illegal, dangerous decisions and thinking it is normal and ok.

Screw anyone who gets behind the wheel impaired. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Absolutely. Every single one.

Everyone is worked up about gun violence and school shootings, as they should be.

But you are trying to normalize something that results in over 10,000 deaths every single year? Completely preventable deaths just due to drunk drivers making stupid, illegal, dangerous decisions and thinking it is normal and ok.

Screw anyone who gets behind the wheel impaired. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

What about someone like me?  For instance,  I got sober 21 years ago and turned my life around.   Should I be locked up because I drank and drove at 20 y/o?

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What about someone like me?  For instance,  I got sober 21 years ago and turned my life around.   Should I be locked up because I drank and drove at 20 y/o?

Yes.  Go turn yourself in at the nearest police station, scumbag.

Guy was 3 times the legal limit.  Thats pretty irresponsible.  Could have easily killed someone else.

22 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

don’t worry - we all change and evolve over years and decades. Odds are there are a variety of new scum baggy things you do!

that said, the minimization of drunk driving to avoid self introspection is definitely something that I hope changes. “Everybody was doing it” sure should be replaced by “I really messed up and made regrettable decisions” for a lot of folks. 

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Good for you. I'm truly glad you aren't putting innocent people or yourself at risk anymore.

You totally deserved to be locked up when you were doing that. Now that you aren't doing that, you don't.

I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive and no patience for those who normalize it. I have friends who are dead because of people like you used to be. And if you have a problem with that, I really don't care.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Most likely the lady was a stripper from the club

Interesting how his wife is asking for support on this matter. No details have come out on assistant or even how she got home.

I have seen life insurance contracts where if you were under influence they did not pay or payment was reduced.

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Wasn’t Haskins a pedestrian when he was struck ?

Yes but he was driving (reportedly) until he ran out of gas.

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Interesting how his wife is asking for support on this matter. No details have come out on assistant or even how she got home.

I have seen life insurance contracts where if you were under influence they did not pay or payment was reduced.

Yes but he was driving (reportedly) until he ran out of gas.

Explains why he ran out of gas, was shitfaced and high and had no clue wtf he was doing. Really sad.

• 10 months later...

1 year later update...

Essentially Haskins' estate is suing the truck driver that hit him for the truck being in poor condition and that's why it didn't stop in time and additionally they believe Haskins was drugged in an attempted robbery and that's why he was walking around the middle of the highway. Just a very sad and bizarre story that just keeps getting weirder

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

1 year later update...

Essentially Haskins' estate is suing the truck driver that hit him for the truck being in poor condition and that's why it didn't stop in time and additionally they believe Haskins was drugged in an attempted robbery and that's why he was walking around the middle of the highway. Just a very sad and bizarre story that just keeps getting weirder

That’s a crazy development. The last part about being drugged seems outlandish but possible. Sounds like driver of the truck could be at fault. 

On 4/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I live right by this highway. Has anyone said how he got onto 595 on foot? That's absolutely tragic and wild. That is a major highway with cars and trucks going 80+ over 5-6 lanes each way. Unbelievable

Yes, that is what i was thinking, a busy highway. 

Out of gas, yes, but call a service station to bring you some.

And then, with 25% of your blood alcohol, you could have them take you home too.

22 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

That’s a crazy development. The last part about being drugged seems outlandish but possible. Sounds like driver of the truck could be at fault. 

The the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. I think some accountability is needed here and in our society as a whole. If you go out clubbing all night it's not going to take some kind of weird conspiracy situation to get you intoxicated enough to walk into oncoming traffic or a truck that has faulty brakes. But whatever it takes for them to get some money out of the insurance company I guess

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.