Dwayne Haskins killed [Edit: struck by vehicle]

FireChans

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/parents-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-113812202.html

The parents of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins say they will not attend his funeral services on Friday.

“We have never met or spoken to the wife, and we didn’t want our son’s funeral service to be the place we met her for the first time,” said Dwayne Sr. and Tamara Haskins in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/parents-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-113812202.html

The parents of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins say they will not attend his funeral services on Friday.

“We have never met or spoken to the wife, and we didn’t want our son’s funeral service to be the place we met her for the first time,” said Dwayne Sr. and Tamara Haskins in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.

wow. guess that wasn't the Mrs in the car with him...

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 4/20/2022 at 1:02 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

LMAO I love that episode! Kramer wanted to keep going hahah

And he just leaves hahah

On 4/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

I am not saying it isnt possible, just would seem weird to me with someone with that level of income would worry about gas

I used to avoid paying for gas in rental cars when the company was paying for it. Expense reports are annoying

Edited by Captain Hindsight

8 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I used to avoid paying for gas in rental cars when the company was paying for it. Expense reports are annoying

Our company contract with National was with pre-paid fuel, so we didn't need to worry about filling it up before returning it.  If we did need to get gas, we'd try to put in just enough to get to the airport.  One trip, I estimated based on MPG and the miles to empty reading, that I got it back with about half a gallon left in the tank. 

• 1 month later...

Investigators are revealing more details surrounding Dwayne Haskins' death ... saying in reports released on Monday the QB "drank heavily" and ingested ketamine in the hours leading up to his passing, and also had a blood alcohol level of .24 at the time of the April 9 accident.

According to a Broward County Medical Examiner's Office investigation report ... a rep for the Steelers told investigators Haskins had trained with teammates in the Miami area all day on April 8, before eventually heading to a club in the evening with a "friend/cousin."

In the documents, investigators say the rep told them Haskins "drank heavily" ... and then got into a fight.

Hours later, Haskins was found dead on a Florida highway after being struck by a dump truck.

The report also showed Haskins' urine samples tested positive for ketamine and norketamine.

Did anyone check to see if person he got in fight with drove a dump truck?

I have been given ketamine before with dental work and had to be driven home.  No way could I have been driving.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2022/05/23/dwayne-haskins-autopsy-report-reveals-qb-had-24-bac-at-time-of-death/

Yikes. I guess this clears up the reason for not calling for help getting gas. Another death to addiction

I wouldn't be so quick to brand him without having any knowledge of the situation 

• Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I thought he was headed to the airport to drop off the rental and catch a flight.  Why does he have a lady friend passenger?

We have no details about the woman, that I know of at least. Could’ve been his assistant which in that case would make perfect sense as to why she was in the car. 

35 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I wouldn't be so quick to brand him without having any knowledge of the situation 

don’t the additional reports that came out today qualify as some “knowledge of the situation?”

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

We have no details about the woman, that I know of at least. Could’ve been his assistant which in that case would make perfect sense as to why she was in the car. 

don’t the additional reports that came out today qualify as some “knowledge of the situation?”

I think that the point Dablitzkrieg was making was that a bender doesn't mean addiction. Many people drink heavily occasionally and are not alcoholics. 

Regarding the woman, do we know she was a passenger and not the driver? Obviously if he was driving after drinking that much (not to mention the other items found in his system), that was a huge risk.

25 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I think that the point Dablitzkrieg was making was that a bender doesn't mean addiction. Many people drink heavily occasionally and are not alcoholics. 

Regarding the woman, do we know she was a passenger and not the driver? Obviously if he was driving after drinking that much (not to mention the other items found in his system), that was a huge risk.

I wouldn’t label Haskins an addict either. But one can’t say we have “no knowledge” of this situation. We certainly don’t have enough knowledge to diagnose Haskins with a substance use disorder though, so in that sense I completely agree with blitz.

I think it’s been heavily implied, if not confirmed, that Haskins was driving and that the woman was his passenger.

33 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Perhaps the ketamine plus the alcohol veers away from simply "alcoholic".....

• Agree 2

Truly sad. I lived in the area for years before moving to Tampa. There's a major strip club down the road from where Haskins was driving. The girls there are known to roll men for cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc.. They often use ketamine. As soon as I read ketamine, my wife said "I'll be he was at that strip club."   It's sad, these girls have no conscience when drugging up men. They know they won't tell. That place is known for dudes dropping serious coin. Dancers in the private rooms can take home 5-10 grand a night when the athletes and high rollers come in. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Truly sad. I lived in the area for years before moving to Tampa. There's a major strip club down the road from where Haskins was driving. The girls there are known to roll men for cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc.. They often use ketamine. As soon as I read ketamine, my wife said "I'll be he was at that strip club."   It's sad, these girls have no conscience when drugging up men. They know they won't tell. That place is known for dudes dropping serious coin. Dancers in the private rooms can take home 5-10 grand a night when the athletes and high rollers come in. 

you are describing the movie Hustlers starring Jennifer Lopez.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.