Dwayne Haskins killed [Edit: struck by vehicle]

FireChans

6 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

What did Brandt write?  I do not see it anywhere.

On The NFL Channel on Sirius XM, he said Haskins "lived to be dead" and "If he would have stayed in school, he would not have been jogging on a freeway"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Lamar doesn't use proper grammar at least in most of the tweets I've read from him.

You're right and that's fine and all and I'm being a bit petty here but I wouldn't want my QB1 tweeting or talking like that. 

33 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’d never try under any circumstances. Crossing a one lane road where cars are going 55 is difficult enough. Crossing 3-4 lanes of traffic with cars going 60-70? Nearly impossible. You will never realize how fast cars get to you at that speed until it’s too late. 

I know that freeway area by the FLL airport. I have no clue why anybody would be there on foot. 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

You're right and that's fine and all and I'm being a bit petty here but I wouldn't want my QB1 tweeting or talking like that. 

Not petty. Totally normal to be wary of that from a supposed leader. 

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

On The NFL Channel on Sirius XM, he said Haskins "lived to be dead" and "If he would have stayed in school, he would not have been jogging on a freeway"

I would be curious to hear the context of this— because if he said this, as reported, it is truly horrible.

edit: so Brandt apparently is 90 years old and sounded half senile. Not sure he knows what he is saying generally anymore.

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

10 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I know that freeway area by the FLL airport. I have no clue why anybody would be there on foot. 

I think it's pretty safe to say that lamar is the Raven's leader, not supposed.

10 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

He was in his car originally and got out. At first it was thought he ran out of gas, later it was reported he had a car issue and got out. Not sure we will ever know why, sadly.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's pretty safe to say that lamar is the Raven's leader, not supposed.

True. It's also pretty safe to say that the Ravens won't be going deep in the playoffs for years to come with a leader like that.

If Watson plays asap, they're probably the 3rd best team in their own division imo

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was in his car originally and got out. At first it was thought he ran out of gas, later it was reported he had a car issue and got out. Not sure we will ever know why, sadly.

Even if it was (not saying it is) suicide, it doesn’t change anything. It’s still tragic. I just think most people are just curious to what led up to the tragic incident. People like to learn, so we can attempt to prevent further tragic incidences. 
More people need to understand it’s imperative that if your car is breaking down to get over on the shoulder as quickly and safely as possible. And remain in your car until help arrives. Under no circumstances should you walk out onto the shoulder access or even thinking about crossing (which supposedly) he tried to do. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I feel terrible for Haskins family and friends, but also for the driver of the vehicle and their family. Not only do they have to suffer through the internal trauma of knowing this happened, but they also have to see constant reminders on social media and television. Just heartbreaking all around. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Schefter stays posting some incredibly bizarre stuff lately.   “Struggling to catch on..”…. Oh, ok, thanks for reminding us how he wasn’t doing so well in the NFL before tragically dying today.   Vital information, Adam. 

I read it differently .   A young man, struggling in life like so many of us, was lost under unrelated tragic circumstances.  This, to me, is much more powerful and respectful than, say, “NFL QB”, or “former college star”.  Dwayne Haskins’ story is try, succeed, try, fail, try …

No debate with you.   Another perspective.

Edited by Neo
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

True. It's also pretty safe to say that the Ravens won't be going deep in the playoffs for years to come with a leader like that.

If Watson plays asap, they're probably the 3rd best team in their own division imo

Because of his tweets? Give me a break.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would be curious to hear the context of this— because if he said this, as reported, it is truly horrible.

edit: so Brandt apparently is 90 years old and sounded half senile. Not sure he knows what he is saying generally anymore.

I listen to Vic Carucci on SXM Saturday mornings and he usually has “The Godfather” segment on live with Gil Brandt. I always kind of cringe when they let Brandt just babble on. Today’s was truly cringe worthy. Brandt said a bunch of negative stuff about a guy who just died tragically. I’ll be surprised if Vic does anymore Godfather segments.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I listen to Vic Carucci on SXM Saturday mornings and he usually has “The Godfather” segment on live with Gil Brandt. I always kind of cringe when they let Brandt just babble on. Today’s was truly cringe worthy. Brandt said a bunch of negative stuff about a guy who just died tragically. I’ll be surprised if Vic does anymore Godfather segments.

Wow. 😞

I’m guessing this is the end of Brandt on NFLR.  He should have been put out to pasture years ago. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I live right by this highway. Has anyone said how he got onto 595 on foot? That's absolutely tragic and wild. That is a major highway with cars and trucks going 80+ over 5-6 lanes each way. Unbelievable

The cnn article I read said he was “walking” on the highway and then decided to cross the highway. How far away from his car was he? 
The biggest question is, if he was walking on the shoulder (presumably) why did he decide to cross it to the other side? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.