“The Greatest Game Ever Played”

Chandler#81

I’m so old (how old Are you Chandler?) I’ve know this phrase to singularly pertain to the 1958 NFL Title Game between the Giants & the Colts. The 1st ever nationally televised NFL game where Johnny Unitas led a game winning drive in overtime, catapulting pro football to the top of the nations’ favorite sport. A moniker they would never relinquish.

Has it finally been topped?

click the link

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes!

But will be topped again when we win it all this year!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It will never be topped because it is the reason the Bills exist. This game inspired Lamar Hunt to start the American Football League, which lead to Ralph Wilson becoming a member of “The Foolish Club” one of the original franchise owners. Thus giving birth to the Buffalo Bills. And for that reason that game will never be topped, never!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly I think the Chiefs Bills game in the playoffs last season might have been the best game I ever watched...yes, even better than the 35-3 comeback game against the Oilers in the wildcard game.

I respectfully disagree.   I rate the Comeback higher for the obvious reason that it had the better ending.

But I also rate it more unlikely.  No team had ever - since the NFL began in 1920 - come back from a 35-3 deficit.  

But the Bills-Chiefs game was wild - and wildly entertaining right up to the final 13.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I respectfully disagree.   I rate the Comeback higher for the obvious reason that it had the better ending.

But I also rate it more unlikely.  No team had ever - since the NFL began in 1920 - come back from a 35-3 deficit.  

But the Bills-Chiefs game was wild - and wildly entertaining right up to the final 13.

Have any two teams scored more points in the final 2 minutes of a game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.