DOLPHINS Player who practiced reeking of booze?

BuffaloRebound

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They have rules against walking in the door intoxicated, there's that, too.   But I'm not sure the NFLPA would allow teams to breathalyze a guy when he walks in the facility door every am?

The NFLPA who tries to dispute every new safety item NFL tries to mandate? 

They will dispute anything even those agreed to in contract and does not care about player safety for they will defend a player deliberately hurting another when at best they should be neutral.

32 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Concerning your 2nd paragraph; NFL players do have access to all number of physical and mental health venues, but as the sayings go, “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink”, (and sometimes ya just can’t fix stupid) 

Concerning your 1st paragraph; It stands to reason, just look at all the women beaters that owners/league have snuggled up with over the years…,  money talks, everything else can take a stroll…,  the saying that “it’s just business” is at times akin to a free pass for being a dirt bag.

You cannot even get players to take "free ride home" services from NFLPA who even bring a second driver to drive you car home.

How do you expect the NFL teams to get players to stop when NFLPA will take them to court over anything they do?

3 hours ago, sirebors said:

I hate when I'm told I have to "discuss" by your post. Why is that necessary? Isn't that inherently the point of these message boards? Or is it you just being lazy and not wanting to "discuss" the topic yourself? You put a post, a name, and "discuss." I'd like to "discuss" you possibly not telling us to "discuss" anymore. 

1509606428-coffee_talk_linda_richman1.jp

3 hours ago, Wacka said:

Art Donovan told a story on Letterman from him playing i the late 50s. They sack Bobby Laine of the Lions  and Donovan said " Wow you reek. You must have had a hell of a light last night.  We'll get drunk sacking you. " Laine tells him" What last night.  I had a couple of shots at halftime."

Any Art Donovan interview is pure gold.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The NFLPA who tries to dispute every new safety item NFL tries to mandate? 

They will dispute anything even those agreed to in contract and does not care about player safety for they will defend a player deliberately hurting another when at best they should be neutral.

You cannot even get players to take "free ride home" services from NFLPA who even bring a second driver to drive you car home.

How do you expect the NFL teams to get players to stop when NFLPA will take them to court over anything they do?

The players are adults that are earning in the top two percent of all Americans,  decision making for their own health and well being is on them, the can absolutely afford to take care of themselves, if they payed attention and voted for representation that wasn’t making their lives harder etc etc, I can’t muster up a ton of pity for these guys on that front, even the lowest paid are making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually…, 

7 hours ago, sirebors said:

I hate when I'm told I have to "discuss" by your post. Why is that necessary? Isn't that inherently the point of these message boards? Or is it you just being lazy and not wanting to "discuss" the topic yourself? You put a post, a name, and "discuss." I'd like to "discuss" you possibly not telling us to "discuss" anymore. 

I support your point, it’s simply DISCUSSting! 

7 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I have worked with people who reek of alcohol.  There are alcoholics in all walks of life.

I don't drink, but I have an alcohol beer scented cologne I wear to work just to see how people react towards me.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, sirebors said:

I think this may warrant topic reply of the year so far! Asking or “requesting” board members to discuss (setting parameters) seems a tad ridiculous and normally when I see that type of foolishness I tend to read but not reply. This one was too good not too- 🍻 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, sirebors said:

You need a drink.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, sirebors said:

You were told to "discuss"? I didn't notice the OP say "sirebors, discuss". Why assume it is about you?

This reminds me of questions asked in help forums, or on Amazon reviews, where someone asks a specific question about a product/service/etc and some clueless moron replies "Oh, I don't know. I didn't order that product."

Just assume, unless you are directly mentioned, they weren't addressing you. Why would anyone want you to discuss anything?

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.