Matt Barkley speaking @ Bitcoin Conference

Rocbillsfan1

Always thought it was a dangerous investment. Simply because they keep getting stolen.

Someone, somewhere, will pretty much always manage to hack digital stuff, and while I'm not 'on the record' about it, I've never been a believer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Always thought it was a dangerous investment. Simply because they keep getting stolen.

Someone, somewhere, will pretty much always manage to hack digital stuff, and while I'm not 'on the record' about it, I've never been a believer.

The stolen bitcoin you read about is 100% the fault of the holders being stupid, falling for scams, and not doing the easy thing - locking their crypto in cold storage.

Believe me, if someone can figure out how to hack crypto the way you're picturing, a lot more than crypto is in trouble, and you won't be insulated from it for not partaking.

• Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

Lots of misinformation out there, you’ve probably heard of people losing their investments. There is a small amount of people who fell victim to scams and their passwords were stolen. Then the scammer would access their accounts and send the crypto to their accounts. Moral of the story is be careful with your personal information, also you can move your holdings to offline hardware devices that cannot be hacked. The exchanges are doing really well so most of these people are being made hole now just after a lot of waiting. 

your funds in an offline storage are safer then anything else like a bank account or credit cards which regularly get hacked but you also then are the person in charge so more responsibility. 

4 hours ago, Malazan said:

Can we keep the religious zealots on the off the wall forum? 

Yea, how dare we talk about our QB being a star at one of the biggest tech/investment conferences in the world. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, arcane said:

The stolen bitcoin you read about is 100% the fault of the holders being stupid, falling for scams, and not doing the easy thing - locking their crypto in cold storage.

Believe me, if someone can figure out how to hack crypto the way you're picturing, a lot more than crypto is in trouble, and you won't be insulated from it for not partaking.

thery call it hacking but its social engineering. dudes thinking hot asian women from reddit really want to help them get 500% interest a day if they fork over their seed phrase.

if a dude handed his debit card and pin # over to a girl in that same situation, would you say ohhhh jeez, Bank of America is a hackers paradise lol noooo. youd say that guys a fn moron 😆 its really as simple as that

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, arcane said:

I've never been robbed of physical money. My credit card has had fraudulent purchases on it more times than I care to remember. That's my problem with intangible currency. 

• Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've never been robbed of physical money. My credit card has had fraudulent purchases on it more times than I care to remember. That's my problem with intangible currency. 

I don’t think you get how it works but that’s ok. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don’t think you get how it works but that’s ok. 

I certainly don't know how it works. Can you give me a quick rundown about why crypto is safer than any other company that can be accessed and hacked?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's because you're swiping cards all day everywhere. Entering it online. I do the same thing, and chit happens.

Nobody is guessing a unique 24 words phrase, that has to be in a correct order. Or, you can even take your bitcoin in cold storage completely offline and put it in a safe.

Almost EVERYBODY has had their credit card lifted from a card skimmer or a shady website. This will literally never ever happen on bitcoin. It can't and it's not possible. Anyone who's lost bitcoin has done the absolute dumbest ***** imaginable to lose it. $40-70 get cold storage and it's never a concern.

I know it's confusing as heck, and I was there 2 years ago. These are valid concerns, but if you do your own research there's simple answers out there that explain why it's not hackable. I ain't tryna preach. I don't care what anyone does lol I don't get anything whether someone on here buys $1 or a Billion, just saying look into it with an open- mind, be curious, and its a better system

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

That's because you're swiping cards all day everywhere. Entering it online. I do the same thing, and chit happens.

Nobody is guessing a unique 24 words phrase, that has to be in a correct order. Or, you can even take your bitcoin in cold storage completely offline and put it in a safe.

Almost EVERYBODY has had their credit card lifted from a card skimmer or a shady website. This will literally never ever happen on bitcoin. It can't and it's not possible. Anyone who's lost bitcoin has done the absolute dumbest ***** imaginable to lose it. $40-70 get cold storage and it's never a concern.

I know it's confusing as heck, and I was there 2 years ago. These are valid concerns, but if you do your own research there's simple answers out there that explain why it's not hackable. I ain't tryna preach. I don't care what anyone does lol I don't get anything whether someone on here buys $1 or a Billion, just saying look into it with an open- mind, be curious, and its a better system

Thanks for the explanation....Now @TBBills can you give this a thumbs down too an keep the streak going?

Edited by RaoulDuke79

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The bitcoin blockchain has never been hacked. If someone succeeded in doing so, the presence of that capability would mean a lot worse for a lot more people than just BTC holders. Like I said in my original post nobody enjoyed. 

If you buy a cold storage wallet and put it in a gun safe with physical gold, it is no less safe than that gold. It's actually more safe if you keep your seed phrase elsewhere, because then acquiring the physical ledger is useless

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:19 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Obligatory share... expect a bunch of snarky comments, but if even one person does their own research, its worth it.

It is absolutely still extremely early, dont talk yourself into ignoring it and saying you missed out. Its very early in adoption.

If interested in educating yourself check out "The Bitcoin Standard" by S.Ammous

Theres also these below which are really cool (done by Robert Breedlove, the guy Mat spoke with).

Anytime someone calls me stupid or gullible I challenge them. Invest some time. Read a book. Best case scenario you're in before global adoption strikes. Worst case scenario, you wasted a few hours reading.  The risk-reward there is a smart move for yourself, your family, your fellow man. If there was a  way to make your wealth inflation proof, you'd rather make fun of it, then read a book or two and decide yourself? That's what I consider "stupid". There's never a time you're going to regret educating yourself (in anything), even if you decide its not for you.

[Also IN before someone asks me about tulip mania LOL]

A 2+ hour video to explain Bitcoin geezus ***** shoot me.

Crypto currency isn't that complicated, can you make money off it, sure, is it a scam, yeah.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

A 2+ hour video to explain Bitcoin geezus ***** shoot me.

Crypto currency isn't that complicated, can you make money off it, sure, is it a scam, yeah.

It's a scam based on the <2hrs you were willing to research lol well clearly you know this space inside out 😆😆😆

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's a scam based on the <2hrs you were willing to research lol well clearly you know this space inside out 😆😆😆

It's a scam because I don't see the actual value in a bunch of currencies nobody actually spends. Not to mention the colossal waste in energy and computing power that it is.

Crypto currency is like someone bagged some dog ***** said it was a valuable currency and started selling it. Now everyone is trading these bags of ***** around, and the smart ones try to buy these bags of ***** when they're valued low, and sell when they're valued high, but most of all not being the one that actually has to open the bag.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's a scam because I don't see the actual value in a bunch of currencies nobody actually spends. Not to mention the colossal waste in energy and computing power that it is.

Crypto currency is like someone bagged some dog ***** said it was a valuable currency and started selling it. Now everyone is trading these bags of ***** around, and the smart ones try to buy these bags of ***** when they're valued low, and sell when they're valued high, but most of all not being the one that actually has to open the bag.

And you learned all this for certain, without committing even 2hrs to learning about it. Your mailbox must be exploding with requests to fix the world's greatest problems. You must be very smart

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

And you learned all this for certain, without committing even 2hrs to learning about it. Your mailbox must be exploding with requests to fix the world's greatest problems. You must be very smart

Did you have a point you were trying to make? Or are you just going to continue to be upset that I didn't watch your 2+ hour video or the 16 additional 1 hour + videos in the playlist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.