Matt Barkley speaking @ Bitcoin Conference

Rocbillsfan1

10 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

He’s on stage with Robert Breedlove. Had no idea he was so into Bitcoin. Gotta say it’s probably safe to assume he has been orange pilling the team including Josh Allen considering they are pretty close. 

He was given the nickname "Bitcoin Barkley" when he was here in 2020

I think Josh has a financial advisor who handles his investments

I remember growing up and hearing how certain adults wish they had invested in Google or Mircrosoft. 

I have no regrets, but I first heard of Bitcoin in 2012 and didn't research it at all even though I was intrigued.  It was $5.14/coin.  😬 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only adviser Josh needs is how to spend all that money 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He has generational wealth….that should last for generations.

Stick to proven professionals, and play a little with the pocket change if you feel the urge. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I thought it was snake oil, unlike E Bay, and Google. (etc.) Mr. smart guy here, didn't invest a dime...

There's a charming 'ol Bitcoin investment thread in Off the Wall if you feel the need for beating your breast.

FOMO doesn't bother me

1 hour ago, wppete said:

The only adviser Josh needs is how to spend all that money 😂

These baller guys are on a whole different level, but IME at a much lower level:

Trust me, when you have a bit of $ no shortage of folks to advise you on that point. 

Would-be investment advisors proliferate faster than fungus gnats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's a charming 'ol Bitcoin investment thread in Off the Wall if you feel the need for beating your breast.

FOMO doesn't bother me

These baller guys are on a whole different level, but IME at a much lower level:

Trust me, when you have a bit of $ no shortage of folks to advise you on that point. 

Would-be investment advisors proliferate faster than fungus gnats

Here is a good interview with Josh discussing his new Pistachio Farm. Think Josh is going to make a few million with this project no doubt. Smart guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Obligatory share... expect a bunch of snarky comments, but if even one person does their own research, its worth it.

It is absolutely still extremely early, dont talk yourself into ignoring it and saying you missed out. Its very early in adoption.

If interested in educating yourself check out "The Bitcoin Standard" by S.Ammous

Theres also these below which are really cool (done by Robert Breedlove, the guy Mat spoke with).

Anytime someone calls me stupid or gullible I challenge them. Invest some time. Read a book. Best case scenario you're in before global adoption strikes. Worst case scenario, you wasted a few hours reading.  The risk-reward there is a smart move for yourself, your family, your fellow man. If there was a  way to make your wealth inflation proof, you'd rather make fun of it, then read a book or two and decide yourself? That's what I consider "stupid". There's never a time you're going to regret educating yourself (in anything), even if you decide its not for you.

[Also IN before someone asks me about tulip mania LOL]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

So there was a panel that had football players, Aaron Rodgers, Odell Beckham, and someone else. You’d think Barkley would have been on that panel but no he was on the big boy stage with Robert Breedlove. I guess you could say he’s the Aaron Rodgers or talking about bitcoin. 

also if Matt has convinced josh to buy a little in 08/20 when they were starting to practice, btc was $11000, and now around $44000. So only up like 400% I think most financial planners would be ok with that as long as you don’t have all your money tied up in it. 

• Like (+1) 2

This thread is an example of the doldrums of the off season…, 🥱 zzzzzz, 

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Obligatory share... expect a bunch of snarky comments, but if even one person does their own research, its worth it.

It is absolutely still extremely early, dont talk yourself into ignoring it and saying you missed out. Its very early in adoption.

If interested in educating yourself check out "The Bitcoin Standard" by S.Ammous

Theres also these below which are really cool (done by Robert Breedlove, the guy Mat spoke with).

Anytime someone calls me stupid or gullible I challenge them. Invest some time. Read a book. Best case scenario you're in before global adoption strikes. Worst case scenario, you wasted a few hours reading.  The risk-reward there is a smart move for yourself, your family, your fellow man. If there was a  way to make your wealth inflation proof, you'd rather make fun of it, then read a book or two and decide yourself? That's what I consider "stupid". There's never a time you're going to regret educating yourself (in anything), even if you decide its not for you.

I guess the fact that the only comment is the laughing emoji means it’s still early lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Thanks.  Ill check it out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.