Do you take a corner in the first?

Billsfanatixs

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

So what do you think of CB Kaiir Elam with our first pick? Beane disagreed with you, dude.

I like the player.

I didn't like hearing that Beane didn't even talk to any teams about moving up until the 20's............when the Lions had somehow made a BIG jump from far behind the Bills to move up for pretty cheap MUCH earlier in the draft.

I think the player they picked will be less questioned than the decision to trade a pick that has traditionally yielded starters for them to move up a couple spots, perhaps unnecessarily, when trading a better pick much earlier maybe puts them in position to move half way up the board.    

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

So what do you think of CB Kaiir Elam with our first pick? Beane disagreed with you, dude.

Multiple first round picks at corner for a zone defense is a pathetic waste of resources. We're not asking these guys to follow elite WRs all over the field. This guy could be great and change very little for the defense compared to a Levi/Dane in that spot.

The Bills themselves only have one WR anywhere approaching the ballpark of elite, PLUS a lack of depth. Maybe work on that deficiency so you don't become the Packers wasting Aaron Rodgers 'cause you stubbornly left his weapons locker light.

Two first round zone corners for crying out loud! I'm laffin'. I don't know how I'll feel watching them cover the flats then pass dudes off to the safeties at 15 yards in Cover 2, or give a 12-yard cushion in Cover 3 or 4...but hey, I'm sure he can seal the hell outta that edge! :lol:

24 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Multiple first round picks at corner for a zone defense is a pathetic waste of resources. We're not asking these guys to follow elite WRs all over the field. This guy could be great and change very little for the defense compared to a Levi/Dane in that spot.

The Bills themselves only have one WR anywhere approaching the ballpark of elite, PLUS a lack of depth. Maybe work on that deficiency so you don't become the Packers wasting Aaron Rodgers 'cause you stubbornly left his weapons locker light.

Two first round zone corners for crying out loud! I'm laffin'. I don't know how I'll feel watching them cover the flats then pass dudes off to the safeties at 15 yards in Cover 2, or give a 12-yard cushion in Cover 3 or 4...but hey, I'm sure he can seal the hell outta that edge! :lol:

I hope and suspect that we’ll be seeing more press man.  It’s what I like most about the pick.  If we play 90% zone…..it’s a puzzling pick to say the least.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope and suspect that we’ll be seeing more press man.  It’s what I like most about the pick.  If we play 90% zone…..it’s a puzzling pick to say the least.

I feel ya. It's tough to project Derm and Frazier taking a left turn after going right for 5 straight seasons, particularly when it's mostly worked extremely well for them. 

4 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I feel ya. It's tough to project Derm and Frazier taking a left turn after going right for 5 straight seasons, particularly when it's mostly worked extremely well for them. 

Except in the last game of the year.  I think it’ll be mostly zone….but if we can mixing in 30-35% press man would be a great addition.  You have to try and confuse the QBs and thats much easier when we can switch up our looks.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Except in the last game of the year.  I think it’ll be mostly zone….but if we can mixing in 30-35% press man would be a great addition.  You have to try and confuse the QBs and thats much easier when we can switch up our looks.  

Weird way to use a first rounder IMO. The upside is I don't have to hear a word about cornerback for the next 10 years. We've drafted soooo many corners throughout my fandom, you gotta laff.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:03 AM, BarleyNY said:

With the caveat that free agency still offers possible CB2 solutions, I agree that a trade up for a CB is what would need to happen.  The main reason is that every team would believe that we are drafting a CB.  One team would jump us for any one worth our pick.  So it wouldn’t need to be a huge move up, but it would need to be a move up. 

LAMP

Evidently the answer is yes, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.