Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This off-season is bananas. Can’t blame anyone for wanting in on the action.

Better to trade Poyer now than extend him. Ideally, he plays this year and then walks next spring.

It irks me if construed as I see it. He wants more money this year.
never liked his wife
 lets just win one for the gipper this year please and then whatever

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This off-season is bananas. Can’t blame anyone for wanting in on the action.

Better to trade Poyer now than extend him. Ideally, he plays this year and then walks next spring.

Can’t blame Poyer for wanting to make what he’s worth.  Difficult to say what the right course of action is without knowing where both sides are with respect to an extension.  One thing I know for sure is that Poyer isn’t playing on his current deal.  Hell get a new one here or we will trade him to a team that will give him one there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trading Poyer doesn’t help your team win a SB this season.

offer him a 2 year extension at 15.5 mil per fully guaranteed. That would make him 3rd highest paid Safety which is fair. Currently he’s making near 10 mil this year.

Does anyone really think we can’t find 5 mil more per year for him?

if you need more $ next year simply restructure Josh/Tre/Dion

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Two very vociferous people, Rachel/Drew

Ah, yes.   That will go well with The Beane Team's insistence on radio silence during negotiations.

36 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Can’t blame Poyer for wanting to make what he’s worth.  Difficult to say what the right course of action is without knowing where both sides are with respect to an extension.  One thing I know for sure is that Poyer isn’t playing on his current deal.  Hell get a new one here or we will trade him to a team that will give him one there. 

How do you know this "for sure"?

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well, I've done it. I've spent the evening watching Kyle Hamilton highlights and convinced myself that trading up for a safety is the best thing the Bills can do in the 1st round this year. Draft season never fails me.

Dont need to do it there are other very good options in round 2 and 3. Cine, Hill, Pitre. There is good depth in this safety class. It’s getting interesting to see the Bills looking at Safeties and LBs more seemingly prepping for losing guys after this year 

It says a lot about Poyer that he always has his cognitively challenged wife do his bidding for him.

Not a fan of that duo.

If I were Poyers teammates I also wouldn't be thrilled that she is so thirsty for their money. Embarrassing.

Edited by Bag of Milk

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

When was last time the Bills got a comp pick?  The idea that the Bills will get a LOT of comp picks seems ludicrous.

The formula is pretty easy and there’s a reason we have never gotten a pick.

We were due to get picks in previous years, but if you SIGN more players than you LOSE as UFA, your comp picks are cancelled out.

Now that we finally have SEVERAL great players who may walk in UFA and great depth, we are due to KEEP the comp picks we generate.

Go to overthecap.com if you’re interested in seeing the formula. It’s better than just saying we haven’t gotten them, so we’ll never get them.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

offer him a 2 year extension at 15.5 mil per fully guaranteed. That would make him 3rd highest paid Safety which is fair. Currently he’s making near 10 mil this year.

You are speculating an extension based on his Instagram wife tweets. I don’t think that’s how Beane or any decent NFL execute operates. Let him play this contract out and figure it out after the season.

55 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

If Iam reading spotrac right Hyde is due to make 3.9 mill and Poyer is due to make 7.4 mil. this year, who deserves more money?

You or I may be reading it wrong.  Hyde is making 7.7 million.  Poyer is making 7.1 million.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I agree. This is your all in year.  Poyer has been a role model. You can’t overestimate how the chemistry between hyde and poyer allows Frazier ti run his schemes. We are not getting that production THIS YEAR from a rookie safety. Paying all the other guys and brining in Miller on a huge contract would look insulting to a guy who Mcd picked to bring in and got us to this point. Plus he just VZ e off a pro bowl season so it’s not like his production is falling or shows signs of it   Give him a chance to win the SB and hope he understands that may give him something money can’t buy. Hope he sees that and is willing to accept an offer to extend him a year or two and he realizes all that struggle could be for naught to leave now on the cusp of forever being a SB champion.  Wildcard is the wife and agent in his ear who have no sense of teammates and what forever being a SB champion means.

Ask the 90’s guys; have Kelly / Tt talk to him cuz I’m sure they would give any contract / money up for a year to have just won one. Hopefully they reach common ground and he doesn’t let “ bad”  type thinking ( not a critique, just stating something he knows well,  about how bad thinking associated with the disease is always around the corner , even in recovery) influence something that could deny all he has worked for, and help resolve the pain associated with “13”   Seconds.   He can always get money, if not this contract year , in other ways as a SB champion. I respect him and his story and play so much. I hope he doesn’t let outside forces ( wife , agent , others contracts ) overtake his lifetime goal  when so close.  If he leaves for $ , and Bills win a SB, he will harbor resentment that can threaten sobriety. Hope his higher power is with him and in the end , he is at peace with his actions and as a fan, I hope he stays for this last run and is a part of Bills history bringing the Lombardi finally to Buffalo. He has been “ the process” , and he deserves to see it through. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.