Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Well, the teams sign the contact too, and they can cut the player at any time, so that one goes both ways.  

It does, but the length of the contract is irrelevant. The players are negotiating for guaranteed money.  Once that guaranteed money is up, they want more guaranteed money.  One play and their career could be over and they won’t get paid unless they have guaranteed money.  Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer…..players get their money regardless of injury. That’s why football is different.  You know this

31 minutes ago, CBD said:

He's technically not holding out - these are optional practices. Which was also negotiated. I think that's important.

Exactly.  They are voluntary practices, and it's worth noting that non-attendees last year included Mitch Morse (who had a fantastic season, but chose to train at home near his pregnant wife) and Diggs (who has this totally nutsoid off season training program).  I'm not saying that Poyer being there wouldn't be a strong ++ because I think he "brings it" in training and watching film, but the practices are voluntary.

I think it's great Poyer wants a raise and all, but I think he waited too late to play his hand here. Diggs had been talking to the team about a raise for a year. Poyer waits until almost a month after free agency starts, after most teams have already made their moves, to then demand a raise and extension on his last year. Beane holds the cards now, I don't think Poyer would sit out the entire season of his final year, but if he's cut we save $6m-$7m in cap, and I don't think that would weaken the team. 

42 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I know, I’m speaking to more of the NFL as a whole, and if Poyer does eventually hold out.

Is Leveon Bell in 2018 the last hold out? (not meant to be snarky, can't think or find any other notables since that one)

Edited by CBD

1 hour ago, extrahammer said:

I think it's great Poyer wants a raise and all, but I think he waited too late to play his hand here. Diggs had been talking to the team about a raise for a year. Poyer waits until almost a month after free agency starts, after most teams have already made their moves, to then demand a raise and extension on his last year. Beane holds the cards now, I don't think Poyer would sit out the entire season of his final year, but if he's cut we save $6m-$7m in cap, and I don't think that would weaken the team. 

I haven’t read this thread thoroughly.  What exactly has he “demanded” if you don’t mind answering? 

when this started, I’ve been under the impression that his guaranteed money is gone after this year and wants more of it.  Does he want a big raise?  Or just more guaranteed money going forward? 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t read this thread thoroughly.  What exactly has he “demanded” if you don’t mind answering? 

when this started, I’ve been under the impression that his guaranteed money is gone after this year and wants more of it.  Does he want a big raise?  Or just more guaranteed money going forward? 

He wants a raise and extension. His wife or gf has been pretty vocal about it on the socials. 

3 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

He wants a raise and extension. His wife or gf has been pretty vocal about it on the socials. 

i know she’s been vocal, but what specifically says that he’s going to hold out unless he gets a raise and an extension.  Any links?

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i know she’s been vocal, but what specifically says that he’s going to hold out unless he gets a raise and an extension.  Any links?

I'm not really understanding what you're asking... I didn't say he did, it was more of a concern being discussed among most Bills fans whether or not he will based on him clearly wanting a raise and extension. Are you making a point he hasn't directly asked for a raise or extension publicly? 

Edited by extrahammer

35 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I say trade Poyer to move up in draft and grab Kyle Hamilton. Win-win

No it's not.

We already have an ALL PRO safety, we would have to trade our ALL PRO and a 1st rounder to get him, in no way shape or form is that a win win for the 2022 season.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

It's his choice of agent, Drew Rosenhaus, that infers he will hold out.

Drew Rosenhaus clients are famous for holding out.

23 minutes ago, boater said:

It's his choice of agent, Drew Rosenhaus, that infers he will hold out.

Drew Rosenhaus clients are famous for holding out.

Yeah, I frowned when I saw the change in agents. Hopefully he will just take some guaranteed cash and a year added onto his contract.  Dunno if paying him much more is in Beanes plans

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m guessing Harrison Smith is the deal Poyer is looking for. Hyde maybe as well. 4 years $64 million $26 million guaranteed at 32 years old.

Both players are playing at this level.

I think Harrison Smith may well be the template they're after, because of the size of the deal and Smith's age at signing.

So it might be worth looking at exactly what the details are

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/harrison-smith-9839/

https://overthecap.com/player/harrison-smith/1779/

The details vary a bit between Spotrac and Overthecap, but essentially it's a 2 to 3 year deal with little or no salary guaranteed in the 3rd year.

It had a bonus that kicked in this year and got amortized, so if the Vikes get out of the deal after year 3, they have $7.8M dead cap

It's "only" $14.1M guaranteed at signing, another $10.9 guarantee the 3rd day of the league year in Year 2.

The high salary doesn't kick in until year 3.

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I like both guys a lot but I cannot pay EITHER that deal. 

Do you understand what the deal actually is?

Poyer is a NY Giant by the second round of this years draft. 

Trade Poyer for Saquan straight up. Probably will cheaper anyway. And draft one of the stud Safeties in the draft. Ideally second round….. Problem solved. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Poyer is a NY Giant by the second round of this years draft. 

Trade Poyer for Saquan straight up. Probably will cheaper anyway. And draft one of the stud Safeties in the draft. Ideally second round….. Problem solved. 

Saquon blows...👎

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.