Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I thought Hyde was a regular with Green Bay, I remember seeing him on the field a lot and was very excited when we signed him.

He was but not in same position.  Sometimes he'd be 3rd safety, extra DB, replacing player out. Jack of all trades. 

I am a Green Bay fan and when game was on I'd watch Packers.

When free agency came in 2017 he was first player I wanted the Bills to sign.

image.png.d6770b6f0267089fb514e1a1cc59d5ec.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree that she needs to stay out of it and she really needs to keep Micah Hyde out of it, I would be pissed if I were him. She did delete that tweet.

she and Jordan both say they love the Bills but both seem to not like the politics of NYS and have been pretty open about that. I don’t know if it impacts whether he wants to stay or tries to get out but Beane indicated it played a factor in Beasely asking to be traded. And this is not a political post. Just saying what I’ve observed. 

Hold up, she talked smack about Hyde?

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It doesn't just work that way though..

If we do a new deal with Poyer, are you ok losing Edmunds and Knox?   Maybe Beane finds a way to keep 2 of them, but it's highly unlikely all 3 get new deals and in the realm of possibilities we can only keep 1. 

Maybe at this point it is just best to not make assumptions on who we can keep and who we can't. Beane has proven us wrong on multiple occasions regarding who we can and can't keep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hyde is likely here 2 years. I don’t see any room for Edmunds now. Those fans calling for him to be moved are about to be very happy.

I want the Bills and Beane to be smart and trade Edmunds now to ge value. 

How much value do you think that Edmonds has ? 

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Rachel's bush is always up in everyone's face...

Lol that's all she knows how to do.  Only reason she has what she has.  She's just a media ho literally.  Obviously it hasn't made her happy as she's still crying for more.  If Poyer ever smartens up she will be left with nothing, but as that is what she's earn well then thats okay by me.  Any players that want to be paid top dollar better be putting in that level of play.  At the moment all the Bills who are producing at highest levels of their positions are on offense.  

The defensive rankings are

More a product of the scheme moreso than individual elite play.  I hope Tre White can get back to his previous level.  I know he will put in the work so if the rehab goes well I expect he'll be back to being a top nfl corner.  And really even White isn't irreplaceable in our defense.  

Poyer is a good solid player as are many on our defense, but not until we signed Von Miller did we have a true difference maker.  Tre was limited somewhat as other teams avoided his areas whenever they could, which was often enough that Josh had to carry the team more than he should.  Any of the defense wanting big raises better be making the plays that deserve the big bucks.  Otherwise they are welcome to cash their checks at a new location.

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

How much value do you think that Edmonds has ? 

Not directed to me, but I do think Edmunds could bring back a 3rd...maybe a 2nd.  

Someone is going to be enamored with his size, potential and youth.  Even though he's in the final year of his rookie contract, a team that is not as cap constrained as us will want to get him in the building under a sure-to-be negotiated long term contract to be for their defense, what we hoped he would be for us. 

Edited by SCBills

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Maybe at this point it is just best to not make assumptions on who we can keep and who we can't. Beane has proven us wrong on multiple occasions regarding who we can and can't keep.

True enough they also know more on who is worth what based on what they do for the plays called.  If they are vital the coaches and players will know it.  They be offered what they are worth to the team if it matches or is close they'll negotiate but never with the wife's via social media. Rachel mouthing off on Twitter may even sour other interested teams from offering Poyer if they feel she is unwanted baggage with her media antics.  Cole Beasley is finding a bare market likely more in part with his media antics.  Without them he may have had a much stronger market to max his value.  Rachel may mess up Poyers options if she keeps it up.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not directed to me, but I do think Edmunds could bring back a 3rd...maybe a 2nd.  

Someone is going to be enamored with his size, potential and youth.  Even though he's in the final year of his rookie contract, a team that is not as cap constrained as us will want to get him in the building under a sure-to-be negotiated long term contract to be for their defense, what we hoped he would be for us. 

Also under different coaching and scheme he may morph into a different player.  He just doesn't seem to be a perfect fit in current role.  Hopefully he is just a late bloomer and the light goes on.  If they trade him or not I'm confident they can keep the defense playing at sufficient level to not be the cause of too many losses.  That's the true benefit of having 17.   It takes an awful lot to negate what Josh can do.

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m with you… they have to come to grips with the fact that allocating the amount of cap and draft picks they have to the defense isn’t a formula for success moving forward…. Gotta find some later round gems who can start at the non star positions… Specifically defensively. ATM they are loaded with either high picks, high salary or both EVERYWHERE on defense(and it will only add to the point if they take a first round CB)…. You look across the other side of the ball and you have Allen, Dawkins, Diggs and a bunch of patch work contracts/later round picks to fill in.

I really hope this is where they start to emphasize more picks and investment offensively. Starting with this draft.

Completely agree.  

If they want to go RD1 CB, fine, but trading up for one seems ridiculous.  If Booth is there at 25, I have zero issue taking him.  We'd be locked in for multiple years with Tre, Booth and Taron, with Dane and Siran as depth... that's quite the stacked group at Corner.

However, if Edmunds and Poyer aren't in the long term plans.. move them while we can get compensation back.  A LB and S aren't make or break pieces to a SB run.  

Jaquan Johnson has been in the system for years.  We drafted Hamlin last year.  At some point, with high end contracts all over, you have to trust your development.

RD2 seems to be a sweet spot for LB.  Draft Muma or Anderson to replace Edmunds and let's go.  LB isn't some hard to transition position, especially with the DL we have out in front of them.  

That would lead to, yet another draft, where we heavy invest on defense, but at least our $$$ allocation would begin to align better and we won't be losing guys for nothing next offseason.  We'd still have an Edmunds pick via trade, plus the rest of our draft, to go Offense.  I don't anticipate Poyer bringing back much, maybe he's shipped out to move us up a few spots in the draft. 

Edited by SCBills

56 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"Running my mouth" because we're talking about the cap? No one is saying we want them gone or they are bad. Just that they are next on the chopping block due to the way the business works. Looking at the next few years, it's unlikely we pay a pair of 33+ year old Safeties $10M each as they age out of the league.

Relax, bud. Like it or not, that's the business. Nothing against them.

Yea its not like $10 million is chump change and certainly Poyer isn't OUTPLAYING that paycheck.  The only one running their mouth is Rachel as she's a fan of $$$.  Specifically $$$ in Poyers pocket.  Likely her act will grow old to Poyer since he's sober now and he'll see what's she is worth.  That alone would set Poyer up well for remainder of his life.  If she suits him well,  then certainly I can enjoy the clown show she provides as he's getting paid elsewhere.  She'd be a fit with Brittany Matthew's  over in KC.  I prefer Bills players to be intelligent.  ⁰

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I don’t see Beane breaking up Poyer/Hyde this season. Might throw Jordan a small bone for the year then I think he’s gone.

Bush just needs to shut her yapper. Doesn’t matter how hot she is, somewhere there’s a guy sick of her crap 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Poyer and his entitled other will no longer be Bills in 2023 or before.

And that would b the RIGHT choice.

Oliver, Edmunds SHOULD get extensions before Poyer in a very friendly Defense for DBs and Safeties

It's a given that McFrazier are DB Whisperers and that somehow the the whole of the secondary is greater than the sum of its parts.

That said, someone has to be playing well in that secondary and propping up the others so it's either Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace were covering for the deficiencies of the safeties or visa versa.

The long held belief is that Hyde and Poyer are enabling the Bills CB (sans T White) to play above their talents. The Bills secondary play cannot simply be attributed solely to smoke and mirrors.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

When free agency came in 2017 he was first player I wanted the Bills to sign.

I don't recall that.........most of the rest of the board was fixated on another more high profile safety whose name I can't recall.    

But Hyde was a pretty easy pick to sign to fix the Bills lousy safety situation, IMO.

He was dynamic in the last couple months of the season for Green Bay.........arguably their best player on defense...........if you watched big NFL games you saw him because GB was a contender playing in meaningful games.........but there was virtually no love for him going into FA on TSW.    The only love I saw for him was from myself and Bandit. 

In general the board is getting a lot more familiar with the league now that the Bills are a contender...........it's much appreciated..........a lot easier to read when there are so many more knowledgeable fans.

21 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

If Poyers wife could shut her mouth for a week or so, maybe the Bills would be able to work something out. Yeah, he is awesome and probably deserves a raise, but this girl has to complain any time the bills throw any money at anyone. 

I’m sure Beane has better things to do that fret over her tweets. Beane and Drew R. will work out a new contract

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.