Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Sorry to bump this one up but I am wondering what the opinions are on the chances Poyer will be asking more money than the Bills are willing to sign him for, and if SAFETY, along with CORNERBACK are both going to be big questions going into the draft.

I just have this gut feeling that Poyer will be holding out to start this season, and that could add even more of an issue for let's say the first month of the season.

Some have talked about drafting a S/CB hybrid type player.

I'm starting to wonder if we might be seriously considering players like Cine or Brisker (true safeties) in the first if the top Corners are gone.....

Might we be looking at both a corner AND a safety in the top 3 rounds??  Starting to think so.

He will be fined 50k per day if he holds out even during mandatory OTAs so that’s not happening. I do think they draft his replacement and throw him a bone this year with a couple mill and then let him walk next year 

I could see daxton hill in the 1st because he can play corner too but as far as the other safeties, 2nd or later. Bills tend to only draft premium positions in the 1st. Based on their top 30 visits, safety is a focus this year as it should be whether poyer wants a new deal or not. Both safeties are 30+.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think the back 7 of our D is going to have to come down in cost going forward.  The DL has come down a bit, but with Milano being paid, you have to pay Edmunds or move on, you have to find a CB 2 and both safeties want money, it’s not going to be possible to get everyone.  Personally, I’d keep Poyer and send Edmunds packing.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He will be fined 50k per day if he holds out even during mandatory OTAs so that’s not happening. I do think they draft his replacement and throw him a bone this year with a couple mill and then let him walk next year 

I could see daxton hill in the 1st because he can play corner too but as far as the other safeties, 2nd or later. Bills tend to only draft premium positions in the 1st. Based on their top 30 visits, safety is a focus this year as it should be whether poyer wants a new deal or not. Both safeties are 30+.

I think Hill is definitely someone they are looking at and could be an excellent 1st round pick.

He has the ability to play boundary CB as needed to start the year, he can play safety, he can play slot, and most importantly - He has speed to burn with Under 4.4 40 and Elite level speed and agility grades.

I think he fits this team like a glove for what they need and want.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Poyer has earned a 2 or 3 year extension.

He has played his @ss off. He is one of my 5 favorite current Bills.

But does the fact he turns 31 tomorrow change your thinking at all?

2-3 years is locking him into 33 or 34 yr age. 30-32 is when most speed related positions start to fall off (CB/S/WR/S)

I'd rather roll over the cap space for next year to help resign Gabe Davis, or Oliver, and make an expensive decision about Edmunds next year.

I hope he plays here this year. I suppose he see Honey Badger and a few other vet DBs still sitting there and wants some security now. I can't blame him.

On 4/23/2022 at 5:59 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Not up to the team. The nfl doesn’t want holdouts and it’s negotiated in the CBA 

A few years ago teams could waive the fines.  When AB was pitching his fit at the Raiders, some here were arguing t'was the team's fault because they were fining him vs. waiving the fines.

Has that changed?

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A few years ago teams could waive the fines.  When AB was pitching his fit at the Raiders, some here were arguing t'was the team's fault because they were fining him vs. waiving the fines.

Has that changed?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-why-holding-out-during-training-camp-is-no-longer-a-bargaining-tool-for-todays-nfl-stars/amp/

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

My big concerns with saying goodbye to Poyer is the chemistry that he and Hyde seem to have. They seem to elevate each other.  If Poyer goes, does Hyde’s game fall off?

I think that is the big loss there. But I think Hyde could make things seamless. I really like Jalen Pitre. When I watch him in videos I see Jordan Poyer. 

31 minutes ago, die hard bills fan said:

No saftey in the draft. Looking good for a Poyer extension?

Idk a our that. Honey Badger and Jaquiski Tartt still out there as FAs. Could argue that Badger is better and Tartt is cheaper. 

FYI I’m not advocating for this. Just saying options are currently there if Poyer wants to play rough. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Idk a our that. Honey Badger and Jaquiski Tartt still out there as FAs. Could argue that Badger is better and Tartt is cheaper. 

FYI I’m not advocating for this. Just saying options are currently there if Poyer wants to play rough. 

The only real option Poyer has is to pull a “Gilmore”. - show up but B word about it and play the preserve my health game.  Belicheat was quick to pull the trigger on dumping Gilmore last year when he started that act.  Pull the rotten tooth before it infects the others.  I don’t see Poyer taking it that far but if he does Beane should be prepared to do the same.  

Just now, FLFan said:

The only real option Poyer has is to pull a “Gilmore”. - show up but B word about it and play the preserve my health game.  Belicheat was quick to pull the trigger on dumping Gilmore last year when he started that act.  Pull the rotten tooth before it infects the others.  I don’t see Poyer taking it that far but if he does Beane should be prepared to do the same.  

Yeah I don’t see Poyer going that route. Doesn’t seem like him really. Honestly, I get the agent change triggers people but it could just be he wanted someone better to deal for him on what is likely his last contract. Also, his wife seems to be more vocal about his contract than he is. At some point you just have to realize what you are and what your worth. He is 33 right? His time is almost over, get your ring while you can. He’s already rich. 

• Like (+1) 1

We are in a tough spot with Poyer. We have something like 30 contracts expiring after the season and 6 of them are starters. Estimates are next years cap is $225M and the Bills only have $9M in space before rookie contracts. 

We should get some cap relief after the 2023 season, but we may have some casualties to navigate it.  Think this is where trading Edmunds becomes the most beneficial. Sure having $12M available now is great. But if we can also roll that over to next year. 

Trading Edmunds now could tie down Knox and Poyer next offseason. Otherwise I would like to not risk the change on what we are all hoping is a special season. 

So who takes poyers job next year.  Benford or bernard.  

Benford projects to be a safety at some point.  Bernard is too small as a LB and amazing in coverage.  Just a gut feel but one of these guys will convert to safety this year. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

So who takes poyers job next year.  Benford or bernard.  

Benford projects to be a safety at some point.  Bernard is too small as a LB and amazing in coverage.  Just a gut feel but one of these guys will convert to safety this year. 

Why not one of the 3 Safeties they have drafted and really like?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.