Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Everyone will respond differently from ACL injuries but Revis tore his and returned just fine.

I am not saying Tre won’t be the same but i think Tre could have 3-4 high caliber years left tops and then also get a couple years out at Safety. It seems like 31/32 is the notorious drop off age for corners and only the speed guys seem to outlive that well. That’s not Tre’s game.  Tre is a read and react type corner which requires strong knees and ankles. 

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

I am not saying Tre won’t be the same but i think Tre could have 3-4 high caliber years left tops and then also get a couple years out at Safety. It seems like 31/32 is the notorious drop off age for corners and only the speed guys seem to outlive that well. That’s not Tre’s game.  Tre is a read and react type corner which requires strong knees and ankles. 

It’s question we’ll never have an answer to until he does or doesn’t. 

14 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

He could walk besides Levi Wallace; terrible coverage Jordan took one of the worst angles on that Hill touchdown pass in the playoffs. 

He made a terrible read on that play.  

he was had one of the most effective coverage seasons any DB (at any position) has ever had in the history of the league. 

but one bad play and good bye. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

He made a terrible read on that play.  

he was had one of the most effective coverage seasons any DB (at any position) has ever had in the history of the league. 

but one bad play and good bye. 

I also remember him and Hyde getting caught up in the traffic at the line on several of the long runs we gave up. Not sure if that is by design or what, but we must have been near the top of the league in long running plays given up.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I also remember him and Hyde getting caught up in the traffic at the line on several of the long runs we gave up. Not sure if that is by design or what, but we must have been near the top of the league in long running plays given up.

Yeah, they were bad.  Get rid of them

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

Worth remembering that a number of prominent players weren't present last off-season (Diggs).  The first part of OTAs is classroom and workouts only, and some of these guys feel they can work out better off-site with their own favored trainers and routines.

That said, pretty sure in this instance it will be contract related.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Worth remembering that a number of prominent players weren't present last off-season (Diggs).  The first part of OTAs is classroom and workouts only, and some of these guys feel they can work out better off-site with their own favored trainers and routines.

That said, pretty sure in this instance it will be contract related.

Yeah I’m guessing this is contract related too.

I also remember reading rumors that Poyer almost held out of training camp the last time he wanted a new deal and Hyde talked him out of it.

It’ll be very interesting to see if he shows for the mandatory offseason stuff without a new deal. Especially with Rachael in his ear… lol.

This is starting to get irritating seeing NFL players do this if it is indeed contract related. You signed a contract, why should you be able to try and change the terms of the contract that YOU signed by holding out? If you think you’ll be worth more in a few years, negotiate a contract for less years. Anyone in the real world who signs a contract has to live up to it or they get fired. I get it’s different but the sense of entitlement these guys have is annoying.

Edited by Motor26
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

This is starting to get irritating seeing NFL players do this if it is indeed contract related. You signed a contract, why should you be able to try and change the terms of the contract that YOU signed by holding out? If you think you’ll be worth more in a few years, negotiate a contract for less years. Anyone in the real world who signs a contract has to live up to it or they get fired. I get it’s different but the sense of entitlement these guys have is annoying.

He's technically not holding out - these are optional practices. Which was also negotiated. I think that's important. 

Edited by CBD

2 minutes ago, CBD said:

He's technically not holding out - these are optional practices. Which was also negotiated. I think that's important. 

I know, I’m speaking to more of the NFL as a whole, and if Poyer does eventually hold out.

11 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Correct - neither Hyde nor Poyer have great speed, both just decent speed. Their strength is their intelligence, correctly playing angles (usually) and lining up the others players on D (with edmunds).

their strengths are the extremely favorable schedule of playing 2nd, 3rd, 4th string and rookie QBs.

sorry… I’m salty and feel both are overrated and regularly exposed when playing any QB/Offense of Veteran-Legit quality.

Feell buffalo can still be between 10-12 wins by giving up 20-23 points per game with newer, younger and cheaper players than paying either Poyer or Hyde.

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Well, the teams sign the contact too, and they can cut the player at any time, so that one goes both ways.  

• Like (+1) 2

I really love JP21...But to me this is kind of...Whatever...He's got a year left. He's not going to hold out...And if he does, his loss...This team is winning a SB with or without JP21...And he owes it to himself to be a BIG part of that...

And I say that with all due respect because I really like the player. I'm a big fan. But there's no way the Bills are going to make all these guys happy. Poyer is in his 30's now, his current 2022 cap hit is 6th overall on the roster. If they ride 2022 out, JP will have earned 34.7 million over 6 years in Buffalo. I think that's fair...So...We'll see...B-)

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.