Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

"Wants to finish his career" means he's not looking to squeeze every last penny out of the Bills. If he's willing to take a reasonable offer Beane will get something done. Won't be for more than 2 years guaranteed even though the contract will 3/4 years blah blah blah. 

• Agree 1

This is where you have to draw the line.

He is one of the top paid players for his position already.  He is almost 31 years old and had a nasty prior injury.  

The team committed to Hyde already.  They need to let him play out this year and move on.  In no way should they be giving a 32 year old safety a new contract.  Time to get younger.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He is one of the top paid players for his position already.  He is almost 31 years old and had a nasty prior injury.  

The team committed to Hyde already.  They need to let him play out this year and move on.  In no way should they be giving a 32 year old safety a new contract.  Time to get younger.

I actually agree with this.  However I could get on board with an Extension that is in the 8-9M AAV (real money) So a 2 year deal at 18M.  Can market it as a 4 year yada yada extension 

I am sorry he is already a top 5 paid FS in the NFL.

6 seasons before Buffalo and Nothing from him.

Comes to the DB friendly Cover 3 and boom.  

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 year extension
4 years 50 million total with 35 million guaranteed

with an easy out for Bills after 2023 and 24

To much.  before the easy outs we are talking in the 9M AAV range.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Beane doesn't negotiate through the media. I don't know why Poyer is going scorched earth with this. I am now less confident he'll be on the team this year.

He hasn't really all he's done is change agents in a year where he's trying to get extended. His wife is the one that's saying things and she doesn't appear to have a filter for things like this.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To much.  before the easy outs we are talking in the 9M AAV range.

his hit this season is 10.7 already

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He hasn't really all he's done is change agents in a year where he's trying to get extended. His wife is the one that's saying things and she doesn't appear to have a filter for things like this.

his wife has clearly stated they Love the Bills and want to win us a SB

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

his hit this season is 10.7 already

his wife has clearly stated they Love the Bills and want to win us a SB

Dont care what he has already been paid.  his value is no more than 9M AAV.  I also do not care what Rachel has tweeted, she already said the reality and then deleted that tweet.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The way I see it.  Does the Bills win total projections change with Hamlin or Johnson as the other safety over Poyer?  No with will not.  

I don’t understand why or how win projections would matter in the slightest.  

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why? Because she advocates for her guy to get what he deserves? Perhaps the fans are jealous they don’t have a woman who looks like her AND supports them.

I sincerely doubt that many, if any, of us are jealous of a woman whose entire existence seemingly revolves around sharing nearly naked big butt shots with the entire world.  She'd be fun for a month or two in my younger days, but I'd take my supportive wife (who also has a brain, education, real job, morals, a soul AND looks) all day everyday over Ms. Bush.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, wppete said:

I agree. But what if Poyer  threatens to hold out? Trade him and find replacement in the draft? Some studs in the 2nd -3rd round this year at safety. 

If he holds out of TC he will be fined each day as he’s under contract so I don’t see that happening. If he “holds out” of OTAs it doesn’t matter he knows the defense like the back of his hand. 

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He did speak to the media 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

what does one of the top paid safeties even mean!  Poyer is 13th and Hyde is 14th.   Both are all pros.  Not pro bowlers…. All pro.

i agree that we should draw a line and not go over.  What’s he’s worth to this team….and how can we make both sides happy for one year beyond 2022.  He wants some gtd money.  Can’t blame him, coming off an all Pro season in which the QBs passer rating against him was the lowest I can remember.  Can’t blame Beane for not wanting to pay him beyond this season (if that happens to be the case).  I don’t see Beane getting bullied here, but I could see him trying to keep Poyer for 22 and 23.  He’s more than just a safety.  He’s a vocal and emotional leader and that stuff matters 

33 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 year extension

Def too much.  Guarantee his money for the next 2 years and that’s it.  

Edited by NewEra

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I actually agree with this.  However I could get on board with an Extension that is in the 8-9M AAV (real money) So a 2 year deal at 18M.  Can market it as a 4 year yada yada extension 

I am sorry he is already a top 5 paid FS in the NFL.

6 seasons before Buffalo and Nothing from him.

Comes to the DB friendly Cover 3 and boom.  

I think you are close, but I think the AAV for the first 2 years is to high.  I would look at a max of about 20 guaranteed with a very minimal salary in year 1 and 2 both guaranteed also.

So he gets like 24 guaranteed, but his actual cost this year and next is only like 6 million each year against the cap.  Then have year 3 go up some - closer to this years salary with the bonus and then 1-2 years of out with minimal dead cap 8 million or less.

I am also fine if they trade him if needed and get younger.

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 year extension

I don’t mind the idea, but that contract makes no sense - way to much guaranteed money by at least 15+ million to have outs after even 2024 - you are talking about 14 million dead cap and with that guaranteed money spread out over the years - you are not getting any cap savings this year with close to 7 million in SB spread out and a vet minimum contract - you are looking at 9 million - barely a savings.

Cut that down to 20 million guaranteed or even 24 with 2 years salary at 2 million guaranteed and I am fine, but 35 million - nope let him walk or trade him.

• Like (+1) 1

Give him a 1 year extension with more money up front this year. Thats it. If he doesn't want it then let him go. He gets an extra year and more money. The bills dont have to commit long term and allows them time to draft or develop a safety to replace him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

what does one of the top paid safeties even mean!  Poyer is 13th and Hyde is 14th.   Both are all pros.  Not pro bowlers…. All pro.

i agree that we should draw a line and not go over.  What’s he’s worth to this team….and how can we make both sides happy for one year beyond 2022.  He wants some gtd money.  Can’t blame him, coming off an all Pro season in which the QBs passer rating against him was the lowest I can remember.  Can’t blame Beane for not wanting to pay him beyond this season (if that happens to be the case).  I don’t see Beane getting bullied here, but I could see him trying to keep Poyer for 22 and 23.  He’s more than just a safety.  He’s a vocal and emotional leader and that stuff matters 

Def too much.  Guarantee his money for the next 2 years and that’s it.  

Strong Safeties total cash for 2022:

Adams 14.4

Diggs 14

Johnson 10.75

Hyde 7.7

Poyer 7.176

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/strong-safety/

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Strong Safeties total cash for 2022:

Adams 14.4

Diggs 14

Johnson 10.75

Hyde 7.7

Poyer 7.176

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/strong-safety/

Oh….”strong safties”……with both Poyer and Hyde listed.  🤣 they are the 13th and 14th highest paid safeties in the league. Period

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.