Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

On 4/6/2022 at 4:12 PM, Warcodered said:

and I thought I wouldn't have anything to needlessly worry about after the Diggs deal.

yeah, this will be the final or next to final season for the core group of 10 or so guys we recongnize as the core of the team.  hope they get it done as this may be the last season we see them together it would seem...can't pay everyone 20m per year. 

Beane betting the farm on the next couple years; hope is works out.  go bills

6 hours ago, wppete said:

Trade Poyer for a 3rd round pick and draft Jalen Pitre. A great replacement and probably $10-12million cheaper.

You can take him and not trade Poyer.  We need all hands on deck this season and I don't want to break up the Poyer/Hyde combo for some 3rd round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why? Because she advocates for her guy to get what he deserves? Perhaps the fans are jealous they don’t have a woman who looks like her AND supports them.

Yes the arm candy should stay out of Other Players money. The minute she opened up her glory hole about Von or using Hyde in her tweets she crossed the line. 

brady put his arm candy in place Poyer doesn’t. 

22 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Oliver, Edmunds SHOULD get extensions before Poyer in a very friendly Defense for DBs and Safeties

18 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Bills secondary play cannot simply be attributed solely to smoke and mirrors.

12 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure it can. Tell me How hard do you think it is for a player to be 15 yards off the Ball. With their eyes looking right at the QB. safety is easier to play than RB OG WLB and those are all very easy positions. Safety is the easiest position to play on a football field. Now add it into a Cover 3 DB friendly defenses. And You have two players that have been moved on from their other teams making all pros. Hyde is the glue back there I can get same production from any NFL safety next to Hyde. Doesn’t have to have the name Poyer or be paid 12M a year. 

I think reducing the Bills perennial secondary success to scheme is an oversimplification. You still need good football players to have a good team. If it was as simple as playing a DB friendly scheme every team would have a good secondary.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just gonna leave this here..

restructuring requires basically paying now most of the future salary payments and spreading the cap hit over 4 or 5 years going forward.   it all works as long as the player is on the roster, still motivated (remember he has most of his contract $$ in his pocket already if restructured) healthy and producing for those 4 or 5 (or more years).  If anything happens to health, production and the player is anything other than traded, the whole unrecognized contract value hits the year the player leaves (other than getting traded).   So we'll see how it goes.  the Bills' highest paid players have been healthy and productive, as long as that continues (and the cap continues to increase) kicking the cap can down the road works.  high stakes game.   go bills

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why? Because she advocates for her guy to get what he deserves? Perhaps the fans are jealous they don’t have a woman who looks like her AND supports them.

Complaining on social media about your partner's employer is insanely unprofessional and completely out of line.  I would be mortified if my wife took to twitter to complain about my salary or to call out my employer.  I realize her entire life revolves around her social media presence and accumulating "followers", but she needs to realize that most people operate in a much different world.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think reducing the Bills perennial secondary success to scheme is an oversimplification. You still need good football players to have a good team. If it was as simple as playing a DB friendly scheme every team would have a good secondary.

But are they good football players, or true All-Pros? They were castoffs before they came here.  Good football players can be replaced with younger, cheaper good football players in a good scheme.  All Pros can't be replaced.  The latter gets paid no matter what.

Tre went out, our secondary soldiered on.  If Josh/Diggs/Von went out (KNOCK ON WOOD.), would it go on at nearly the same level?

Edited by JustHewIt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is some really pathetic energy here. The point being that by opening her mouth and creating a distraction she is in fact doing the opposite of helping her husband, but lacks the self awareness to realize it. Unless her goal is to talk her husband off the team, in which case I'd say the fans are right to be annoyed with her. Her looks have literally nothing to do with anything. I'm starting to view her as I view Eugene Parker, who cost us a pretty decent safety that no one wanted to lose at the time either. This FO has shown that they don't like things negotiated in public, they prefer things to be kept in-house. If Poyer wants a new deal, he has Rosenhaus approach the FO. If they FO says no to a raise, he has three choices: play out his remaining year, engage in childish antics claiming he won't play absent a new deal, or he can ask for a trade, in which case complaining publicly lowers the likelihood of him moving because it lowers his trade value. Beane isn't about option 2 and the majority of fans in Buffalo will immediately turn on the player for messing with our Super Bowl window. Team Poyer's best move is to shut up, negotiate quietly and if things fall apart, quietly ask for a trade. That is, if he actually cares about the team that gave him a chance to develop into a very good player and the fans who have only supported him, as he purports to.

Look at Diggs, we never even knew something was being negotiated and he never complained about anything, then he got paid. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

And they do.  Find me a Cover 3 base coverage scheme over the last decade that has not had a good secondary?

• Agree 1

I love Poyer as a person and player, but the fact of the matter is we can't keep paying everyone who wants more money.

Especially in the secondary, where we have a very friendly system and a coach who knows how to get the most out of players.  

Poyer has worked hard and become a very good player, but is he the same player elsewhere?  Are we any worse off with a different Safety?  I honestly don't know.

There's 5 big decisions to  make after this upcoming season:  Knox, Edmunds, Poyer, Saffold & Singletary.   Of those guys, the only must sign for me is Knox and I wouldn't mind Edmunds & Saffold if the money is right and their play warrants them being back.  

If I'm the Bills.. Poyer, Singletary and Edmunds (dependent upon their long term view of him) are all available right now.  None of those guys here or gone changes the fact that this is a Super Bowl roster.  LB, RB, S are as replaceable as it gets in the NFL.  

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

1 hour ago, JustHewIt said:

But are they good football players, or true All-Pros? They were castoffs before they came here.  Good football players can be replaced with younger, cheaper good football players in a good scheme.  All Pros can't be replaced.  The latter gets paid no matter what.

Tre went out, our secondary soldiered on.  If Josh/Diggs/Von went out (KNOCK ON WOOD.), would it go on at nearly the same level?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

And they do.  Find me a Cover 3 base coverage scheme over the last decade that has not had a good secondary?

I'm not saying that Poyer has to be re-signed at any and all costs.

I am saying that some here are dismissing his contributions to the team, as if he's a generic plug and play guy.

Poyer is a very good player and a respected veteran leader. If he departed before the 2022 season, it would undo a lot of the gains the team has made this offseason, both from a personnel and a morale standpoint.

It will be interesting to see how the team handles this somewhat sensitive situation.

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm not saying that Poyer has to be re-signed at any and all costs.

I am saying that some here are dismissing his contributions to the team, as if he's a generic plug and play guy.

Poyer is a very good player and a respected veteran leader. If he departed before the 2022 season, it would undo a lot of the gains the team has made this offseason, both from a personnel and a morale standpoint.

It will be interesting to see how the team handles this somewhat sensitive situation.

The way I see it.  Does the Bills win total projections change with Hamlin or Johnson as the other safety over Poyer?  No with will not.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not going to worry too much about this. It looks like poyer wants to stay. If Beane and McDermott want him too I think they will find a way. I have no doubt that McDermott loves him. 

This is just McDermott’s type of guy:

He wants to finish his career here and has been a great player for us.  I think Beane tries to get something done.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You can take him and not trade Poyer.  We need all hands on deck this season and I don't want to break up the Poyer/Hyde combo for some 3rd round pick.

I agree. But what if Poyer  threatens to hold out? Trade him and find replacement in the draft? Some studs in the 2nd -3rd round this year at safety. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.