Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

People read to much into things Poyer changing agents means nothing Rosenhaus has a great relationship with the Bills back to the Willis Mcgahee days much less the TO days. 
The fact that the Bills already have a guy they are very high on in house in Damar Hamlin means the Bills can let things play out with Jordan if the deal works for both teams great but if not hey it happens. 

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

People read to much into things Poyer changing agents means nothing Rosenhaus has a great relationship with the Bills back to the Willis Mcgahee days much less the TO days. 
The fact that the Bills already have a guy they are very high on in house in Damar Hamlin means the Bills can let things play out with Jordan if the deal works for both teams great but if not hey it happens. 

Shady mccoy too 

are they high on Hamlin?

4 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

He just got paid a season ago.  Too bad.  If he would have had an off season, would he have given back his extension money? 

Let him play this season and let him walk.  Draft a first round CB this year.

Next year you will have 1st round CB, New FS, Hyde, and White.  That new FS will be coming into a great situation.

This.  Bye poyer.  I think he's actually waaay overrated by mafia.  Put him in another system without Hyde as a partner back there and he's back to riding the pine inside a year. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jeff1954 said:

However, 3 undermines 1. unless we can replace that player with as good or better player by moving up in the draft.

I'd argue that poyer is the one if the MOST replaceable parts of this D.  

Sadly it's easier to replace him than Edmunds given the system. 

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Oliver, Edmunds SHOULD get extensions before Poyer in a very friendly Defense for DBs and Safeties

This!!!!   

Corners and safeties in this system are lucky to be in this system.  

See EJ Gaines.    We are throwing Dane Jackson and Levi out there and they are looking good.  Just wait until Levi is on an island this year he's going to be awful.  

As for safeties...poyer and Hyde don't miss much time but when they do the D looks just fine. 

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think, combined with the twittering Poyer's wife has been at since Von Miller signed, it means something that he's changed agents. 

Rosenhaus has been cheek-by-jowl with a lot of the Crazy in the NFL including Antonio Brown and before that Johnny Manziel

His firm represents something like 100 players, so it's probably unfair to judge him entirely by that

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

Poyer is very good. I don't have a problem with him wanting another deal etc.

I do have a problem with the way things are being put out there by his wife. It simply isn't the way you should be doing business.

Something they might need to consider, is that if not for the Bills giving him his shot in the first place, he might still be scuttling around the league, chasing vet minimums.

Also, when complaining about the likes of Diggs and Miller getting paid, it perhaps needs to be mentioned that Miller will be a 1st ballot HOF guy, whenever he becomes eligible, and Diggs will also get some serious consideration, if he continues as he is.

Poyer won't even get close to the HOF, unless he turns in the sort of performance that wins a Superbowl, and gets him more noticed.

While currently, Poyer and Hyde get a lot of love as the possibly best safety tandem in the NFL, the point is that it's as a tandem, rather than being specifically mentioned individually.

IN the grand pecking order of who gets paid in an NFL team, generally speaking, a Safety is pretty low down on the list. Last year, Poyer was something like 13th on the list of highest paid safeties, with Hyde just behind him - and that is towards the end of his deal. Seems to me that that shows that he got decent terms the last time around.

Noticeably, Mathieu was getting about $14million per, but he's been cut, and is yet to sign elsewhere iirc.

If Poyer becomes a headache, then the Bills could just cut him (I'm not too bothered about the cap considerations atm), and where is he going to go to get the sort of money he's on now?

The type of receiver that Diggs is allows him to play a little longer and still be very effective. Safeties games seem to get older quicker...Poyer is no speed demon to start with.

5 hours ago, Buddo said:

Poyer is very good. I don't have a problem with him wanting another deal etc.

I do have a problem with the way things are being put out there by his wife. It simply isn't the way you should be doing business.

Something they might need to consider, is that if not for the Bills giving him his shot in the first place, he might still be scuttling around the league, chasing vet minimums.

Also, when complaining about the likes of Diggs and Miller getting paid, it perhaps needs to be mentioned that Miller will be a 1st ballot HOF guy, whenever he becomes eligible, and Diggs will also get some serious consideration, if he continues as he is.

Poyer won't even get close to the HOF, unless he turns in the sort of performance that wins a Superbowl, and gets him more noticed.

While currently, Poyer and Hyde get a lot of love as the possibly best safety tandem in the NFL, the point is that it's as a tandem, rather than being specifically mentioned individually.

IN the grand pecking order of who gets paid in an NFL team, generally speaking, a Safety is pretty low down on the list. Last year, Poyer was something like 13th on the list of highest paid safeties, with Hyde just behind him - and that is towards the end of his deal. Seems to me that that shows that he got decent terms the last time around.

Noticeably, Mathieu was getting about $14million per, but he's been cut, and is yet to sign elsewhere iirc.

If Poyer becomes a headache, then the Bills could just cut him (I'm not too bothered about the cap considerations atm), and where is he going to go to get the sort of money he's on now?

Yeah, I agree that it seems like Jada, I mean Rachel, might be this guy's undoing

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fact: When Poyer was out for the Houston game, Jaquan Johnson started in his place.

Yes I know I was referring to the end of the season not the way he was viewed October 3rd.

Now watch the preseason this year and how much he plays and get back to me. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes I know I was referring to the end of the season not the way he was viewed October 3rd.

Now watch the preseason this year and how much he plays and get back to me. 

Errr.....the guys who play the most in preseason are usually the guys who are closest to the "bubble" and fighting for a roster spot

You know that, right?

End of the season, Johnson and Hamlin got equal playing time subbing in for Poyer and Hyde in the final Jets game and in the NE playoff game

What evidence of a preference you have?

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why? Because she advocates for her guy to get what he deserves? Perhaps the fans are jealous they don’t have a woman who looks like her AND supports them.

Rachel Bush has >3M Instagram followers and who knows how many OnlyFans subscribers, and I'm sure a number of them don't keep both hands in sight while they're viewing her accounts.  Some guys who have "been there" like being with that, others would tell you living with that has its down side. 

As far as support - none of us know whether/how she supports him in private.  She's tweeted about hating that she has to live in/be associated with NY State.  For all we know, Poyer may know he's got a good thing going on in B'lo playing in McDermott's system and partnering with Hyde, and be willing to trust his agent to negotiate a fair deal in turn, but wifey is pushing him to insist Beane negotiate NOW or trade him to somewhere she likes better - which may or may not be to his benefit.  Or maybe she does truly support whatever he wants, career-wise.  Don't know.

I'll let Diggs point out the downside of the player being too involved or too public about contract negotiations:

https://youtu.be/sy-mJC-f8ek?t=404

In case that doesn't link to the right timestamp, about 6:44 in.  Diggs says he didn't have any conversations with Beane, he trusts his agent to go to bat for him, he  "lets those things figure themselves out rather than be too involved, because it can put a tarnish on a relationship, this is a business"

Do you honestly think Beane negotiates player contracts, or prioritizes which contracts to negotiate next, based on what's trending on Twitter and Insta or what the player or his spouse put out there?  I think it would be safe to "bet the rent money" that he doesn't.    But I do think the team has people who monitor social media, and certainly fans do.  The potential to tarnish the relationship with the team or with the fans vs. a player who just keeps it business, hires an agent he trusts, and then steps back, seems pretty clear.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you honestly think Beane negotiates player contracts, or prioritizes which contracts to negotiate next, based on what's trending on Twitter and Insta or what the player or his spouse put out there?  I think it would be safe to "bet the rent money" that he doesn't.    But I do think the team has people who monitor social media, and certainly fans do.  The potential to tarnish the relationship with the team or with the fans vs. a player who just keeps it business, hires an agent he trusts, and then steps back, seems pretty clear.

I think your question-and-answer could grammatically/logically suggest that Beane doesn't negotiate contracts, and instead follows social media to gauge which way the wind is blowing. Obviously I know that's not the intention, and likely just my stupid former English Prof brain putting more pressure on that first comma+conjunction construction. 

• Angry 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.