Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

Jordan Poyer is the 4th Highest PAID SS going into 2022.

Jamal Adams - 17.5M (listed as a SS) 

Quandre Diggs - 13M

John Johnson - 11.25M 

Jordan Poyer - 9.750M 

Micah Hyde - 9.625M (listed as SS in Spotrac)

Looking at FS here is where Poyer Falls

Harrison Smith - 16M

Justin Simmons - 15.25M

Kevin Byard - 14.1M

Marcus Williams - 14.0M

Jordan Poyer - 9.75M 

With ALL Safeties Poyer comes in at 13 and Hyde is at 14. 

Yeah so they are being properly compensated there Rachael.  

Edited by MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets look at next years UFA Safety class, some of the names.  Where would you rank Poyer

Jessie Bates III (26) 

Minkah Fitzpatrick (26)

Derwin James (26)

Jabrill Peppers (27)

Jordan Poyer (31)

Out of those 5. I think he would end up being ranked right about there.  So Rachael Can take that 1st team All Pro leverage and hang out by her million dollar homes pool in Miami.  

I would say third after James and Bates. The thing with Poyer is that i think he is scheme dependent. If he goes somewhere else, I don't think he will be as good. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Doubt McBeane agree and my guess is they continue to allocate tons of cap and high level picks towards the defense.

I get it, that is the mentality of the team.  But in todays NFL those positions I listed are the ones that should have your highest Cap allocations and be paid if you have one. 

Safety

RB

OG (maybe a year or so away from being really vital with the interior rush emphasis) 

Are not as important IMO

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Honey badger still out there in like the 4th week of FA… Poyer would not be securing the bag that Rachel thinks he would if he was a FA this year. 

Agree and Mathieu would be an upgrade and younger than Poyer on this Bills team if they wanted to play hardball.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Can’t pay everyone.  I can see him and Edmunds being the two guys not getting an extension.  

Agreed, but it’s probably gonna take a lot less to make Poyer happy than Edmunds.  Poyer deserves to be taken care of.  Give him $3-4m in new money this year, guarantee his 2022 base salary and half his 2023 base.  Let Rosenhaus report that it’s a 4 year $40m contract.  Everybody’s happy.  

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Can’t pay everyone.  I can see him and Edmunds being the two guys not getting an extension.  

Exactly.  Quick look into the 2023 Cap.

Bills Space - 31,607,468 (Not counting Diggs extension yet) 

Players on Contract (40) 

UFAs.

Jordan Phillips

Jordan Poyer

Mitch Morse - More Vital than Poyer

Rodger Saffold - Likely more vital than Poyer

Case Keenum

Tyler Matakevich

O.J. Howard

Tremaine Edmunds - More important than Poyer (based on the teams thinking)

Jamison Crowder

Cody Ford

Matt Haack

Duke Johnson

Andre Smith

Marquel Lee

Ike Boettger

Shaq Lawson

Jake Kumerow

Matt Barkley

Eli Ankou

Devin Singletary

Tyrel Dodson - more important than Poyer specially with the unknown in Edmunds

Dawson Knox - More important than Poyer

Dane Jackson - more important than Poyer at this point

Reggie Gilliam

Jaquan Johnson - Could be the Poyer replacement 

Tommy Sweeney

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think the Bills get a deal done with him. He's earned it and Beane knows it

It doesn't just work that way though..

If we do a new deal with Poyer, are you ok losing Edmunds and Knox?   Maybe Beane finds a way to keep 2 of them, but it's highly unlikely all 3 get new deals and in the realm of possibilities we can only keep 1. 

Edited by SCBills

The problem with letting Poyer walk is that it will effect Hyde's play too.  The two know each other so well and play so well together that the loss of either one of them will result in a real hit to our secondary.  The two or them together are definitely greater than the two individually.  McDermott knows secondary play and I'm sure he recognizes this too.

Our two safeties are the backbone of the entire defense.  We need to try to keep them together as long as they continue to play at this level.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Diggs, done. Knox, Davis, and Oliver next.

Bye, Edmunds and Poyer, and likely Hyde the year after.

Man you guys running your mouth about our safties who do you think was covering for our bad cornerback play Hyde and poyer 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're entitled to your viewpoint, but not to put words in my mouth.  Please review and be absolutely certain that's not what you're doing here.

Neither Hyde nor Poyer were consistent starters on their prior teams, much less "all pro", when they signed here.

My point here, is that it's not a case of our options being to either resign Poyer or draft a safety high.  It's possible to sign players in FA or even trade late round picks for a player, and develop them.

I thought Hyde was a regular with Green Bay, I remember seeing him on the field a lot and was very excited when we signed him.

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It doesn't just work that way though..

If we do a new deal with Poyer, are you ok losing Edmunds and Knox?   Maybe Beane finds a way to keep 2 of them, but it's highly unlikely all 3 get new deals and in the realm of possibilities we can only keep 1. 

I am more than ok with losing Edmunds 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

Man you guys running your mouth about our safties who do you think was covering for our bad cornerback play Hyde and poyer 

"Running my mouth" because we're talking about the cap? No one is saying we want them gone or they are bad. Just that they are next on the chopping block due to the way the business works. Looking at the next few years, it's unlikely we pay a pair of 33+ year old Safeties $10M each as they age out of the league.

Relax, bud. Like it or not, that's the business. Nothing against them.

• Like (+1) 3

That's a pretty common sentiment, but what about if a Poyer deal costs us the ability to get a new deal done with Knox?  

The Bills can absolutely keep 1 of the 3 guys up for new deals next year in Poyer, Knox, Edmunds.  Maybe they can keep 2.  Going to need a miracle worker to keep 3....especially when Poyer show signs of wanting a big pay day.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s turning 31 in November and making $10 mil.  Maybe he can get a two year deal at the end of this year.  If he holds out it will go bad for him.  His wife is making real mistakes getting in the media.

Rachel's bush is always up in everyone's face...

I have no doubt that one of the reasons for our safety-success is the abilities and performance of Edmunds. Of course, another reason is that Hyde and Poyer are very good. However, "one of eleven" is not a myth and pulling Edmunds out will significantly change the equation and impact the performance of others. 

I'm not smart enough (very few on this forum are) to know how the team should best move forward. I am smart enough to see the Edmunds hate is way over the top and irrational. Thank goodness for McBeane.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.