Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a little note that the Bills picked up both Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer when their original teams didn't want them.

So there is a third option, which is inking under-rated talent from another team.

So would you consider them the guards of the defense? 😁

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

And I realize that they had more receiving yardage in 2021, but opportunity (targets) needs to be taken into account.

Something else needs to be taken into account, which is:

are these TE all true all-around TE, or are they essentially large WR who are seldom asked to block in-line or even downfield?

It's my understanding the answer to that is "no"

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

So would you consider them the guards of the defense? 😁

You'd have to ask someone else that question

Beane said he wanted to get faster on defense but hasn’t done so yet.

Only one open position remains on defense to get faster at - CB #2. It’s logical Beane could want to move one of the safeties to get younger and faster at that position. 

Edited by 716er

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Beane said he wanted to get faster on defense but hasn’t done so yet.

Only one open position remains on defense to get faster at - CB #2. It’s logical Beane could want to move one of the safeties to get younger and faster at that position. 

I believe Beane may consider the changes on DL to involve speed upgrades.

Miller is for sure faster than Hughes or Addison.

We'll see about the DTs, though at one point BigJ9797 faster than Vernon Butler

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe Beane may consider the changes on DL to involve speed upgrades.

Miller is for sure faster than Hughes or Addison.

We'll see about the DTs, though at one point BigJ9797 faster than Vernon Butler

I assumed Beane meant guys who could keep up with speed wideouts but you are right the dline is probably faster.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Seems like it to me.

You're entitled to your viewpoint, but not to put words in my mouth.  Please review and be absolutely certain that's not what you're doing here.

Neither Hyde nor Poyer were consistent starters on their prior teams, much less "all pro", when they signed here.

My point here, is that it's not a case of our options being to either resign Poyer or draft a safety high.  It's possible to sign players in FA or even trade late round picks for a player, and develop them.

42 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

interesting timing.  one things for sure, we can’t keep paying our back 7 on defense this kind of money.  If the choice is paying Edmunds or Poyer, I fear McBeane picks Edmunds because he’s younger and faster.  

We must avoid younger and faster defenders at all costs. 

• Haha (+1) 2

They need to draft one this year or next whether poyer stays or goes given the age of both safeties.  Can’t see it being before the 3rd though, this regime has not drafted a non premium position in the first 2 rounds outside of edmunds and he was drafted to be the QB of the defense. Also depends on what their assessment is for Jaquan Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need to draft one this year or next whether poyer stays or goes given the age of both safeties.  Can’t see it being before the 3rd though, this regime has not drafted a non premium position in the first 2 rounds outside of edmunds and he was drafted to be the QB of the defense. Also depends on what their assessment is for Jaquan Johnson. 

Give Dax Hill a shot at outside corner and if he ends up not being able to do it (I think he can personally), he could take over for Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2

I met Rosenhaus this past November at a Thanksgiving Meal giveaway I set up, nice guy but could definitey tell he had other things on his mind. 

He was there repping a highly touted college baseball player for a feel good news story (hello NIL benefits). 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.