Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think you've got to find a way.  It takes a long time to develop TE's.  If we move off Edmunds & Poyer, that probably allows us to get it done. 

That’s gotta be the plan. I think I’ll like this roster a lot more when the dust settles.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t he just get a new deal last year?

Spotrac shows him as signing in 2020, but for a 2 year deal that expires AFTER this season, so...unsure

I think he signed in 2020 for 3 years.

Poyer is currently the 5th (or 6th) highest cap hit on the Bills at $10.78M, with only Tre' White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, and Dion Dawkins (and presumably Diggs) paid more.  He only has $1M signing bonus, so most of that is new cash.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t he just get a new deal last year?

He got a 2 year extension 2 years ago so it kind of makes sense for him to be looking again.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

1. Knox, 2. Poyer, 3. Singletary, 4. Edmunds

0.Oliver

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Poyer will be gone. Ik people don’t want to hear it but paying 2 safeties the amount of cap they do is not manageable as some of these contracts continue to balloon. They are also both 30+ their has to be a plan in place. Unless they think Damar Hamlin is that guy then they have to draft one high

Just a little note that the Bills picked up both Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer when their original teams didn't want them.

So there is a third option, which is inking under-rated talent from another team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He got a 2 year extension 2 years ago so it kind of makes sense for him to be looking again.

I looked it up and Poyer signed a 2 year extension in 2020, prior to the last year of his contract in Buffalo.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/3/18/21184871/full-contract-details-of-jordan-poyers-2020-buffalo-bills-extension

He restructured in 2021.

So yes, it typically does make sense for a player and team to start talking about a new contract prior to the last year of their existing contract.

Rachel Bush got salty when the Bills signed Von Miller:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/03/16/rachel-bush-seems-bitter-about-von-miller-stealing-he-husband-jordan-poyers-spotlight-in-buffalo-pics/

image.thumb.png.835d6555da4144ed047595c235bde2c8.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes. Name me 10 better.

Kelce

Waller

Andrews 

Gronk

Henry

Kittle

Goedert

Pitts

Gesicki

Schultz

Hockenson

Fant

All of the above are arguably better than Knox.  And don't get me wrong, I like Knox and want to hold on to him.  As it is right now, he's a quality NFL starting tight end.   But as the other poster said, he needs to take the next step to be top-10 at the position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

When was last time the Bills got a comp pick?  The idea that the Bills will get a LOT of comp picks seems ludicrous.

When was the last time we were so stacked that we couldn’t afford great players in FA?  Gilmore?  

I agree, we won’t get a LOT of comp picks…..we may be able to get one for losing Edmunds.  I don’t foresee us signing a bunch of high value free agents next year,  but rather some settle/Crowder type deals. Not sure we sign someone with the market value of Edmunds.  

i could see us getting a 3rd or 4th….which is what we’d probably get now if we traded him. I’d rather have edmunds this season rather than trade him for a 4th

43 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

These players are annoying. They have big money agents negotiating contracts for them, squeezing every penny out of the team they can and then whine a short time later about the contract that they signed willingly. 

Just like the rest of the free market, prices go up.  Can the guy who sold you a house last year come back and ask for more money because real estate prices went up? 

It’s getting really dumb. 

Eh, it's a free market.  They have the right to try and renegotiate and the team has the right to tell them to pound sand, which is likely what will happen in this case.  Poyer is a top-5 safety, imo, and I have no problem with him asking to be paid like one.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Eh, it's a free market.  They have the right to try and renegotiate and the team has the right to tell them to pound sand, which is likely what will happen in this case.  Poyer is a top-5 safety, imo, and I have no problem with him asking to be paid like one.

I love me some Poyer but top 5? no. Top 10? yes!

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Kelce

Waller

Andrews 

Gronk

Henry

Kittle

Goedert

Pitts

Gesicki

Schultz

Hockenson

Fant

All of the above are arguably better than Knox.  And don't get me wrong, I like Knox and want to hold on to him.  As it is right now, he's a quality NFL starting tight end.   But as the other poster said, he needs to take the next step to be top-10 at the position.

Like I told the other poster, I’d agree that about 8 of the guys you listed are better than Knox.

I do not think that Schultz, Gesicki, or Fant are better than Knox. And I realize that they had more receiving yardage in 2021, but opportunity (targets) needs to be taken into account.

I’d certainly say Knox is toward the back end of the top 10. 9th or 10th. But I stand by my “top 10” opinion. Also, unlike some of those mentioned ahead of him, Knox’s best football is still ahead of him. His arrow id still pointing up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.