Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Waste. Trade up for a ***** safety? I hope Beane doesn’t read your posts…. You’ve suggested drafting Breece Hall and trading up for a safety. 😅

I have absolutely not suggested drafting Breece Hall. I would only draft a non-premium position player in the 1st only if I felt they had some elite quality and were a generational talent. I don't see that with Hall.

Hamilton on the other hand IS a generational talent according to just about everybody that has scouted him. Many big boards have him as the #1 overall player in the draft, the only reason he has any chance of falling within our range is because of his position. Personally I would trade Poyer and maybe our 4th round pick this year to go up and draft him, although I doubt he will actually fall far enough for that to be possible.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

First of all, I would like to apologize to everybody here. I bought a Poyer jersey last year. These things tend to happen when I buy a jersey. 

Quick: Take that nameplate off and re-name it to break the curse

https://buffalowdown.com/2014/05/15/buffalo-bills-history-wore-number-21/

To the bolded. I think Poyer and Hyde cover a lot of deficiencies for in our front 7. I get they are getting old, but I thought they both had another contract in them for sure. The Bills have not hit their front 7 picks out of the park by any means. Moving on from Poyer and Hyde could cause some issues. 

Then maybe  the solution is ....to improve the front 7 (which the Bills have clearly tried to do) because when crunch time has come, maybe safety play can not overcome deficits up front.

Poyer is currently the 13th highest paid safety in AAV at $9.75M.  He will actually take home

Players being paid more include Jamal Adams, Harrison Smith, Justin Simmons, Budda Baker, Eddie Jackson, Kevin Byard, Marcus Williams, Quandre Diggs, Jessie Bates, John Johnson, Jessie Bates, John Johnson, DJ Reed, and Justin Reid.

Most of them signed more recently, and are in their mid to late 20s.  Harrison Smith was the oldest, being 32 when he signed. 

Beane has been very clear that he signs contracts when it's time, and does not negotiate in the public sphere.  If Rachel Bush thinks she'll aid Jordan Poyer's contract negotiations by squawking on twitter, I believe she is mistaken.

Unpopular opinion, but the Diggs contract gets me worried about this stuff. Josh Allen's feelings aside, I am not sure having the highest paid WR/QB tandem in the NFL is a long term recipe for success. 

What then, is the long term recipe for success?  Pay Tom Brady under the table and cheat?

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Definitely agree w that assessment buffboyinATL.  Lets hope Edmunds gets moved on draft day.  

Definitely agree w that assessment buffboyinATL.  Lets hope Edmunds gets moved on draft day.  

48 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

48 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I agree too too too

33 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

I never blame any player for wanting to make as much bread as humanely possible. NFL is a short shelf life.

Having said this, I believe Poyer and/or Hyde will be elsewhere in 2023.

Oh I don't blame him if that's his personal choice. He's the one putting in the work  and will suffer any of the physical tolls that occur.  Frankly the only concern Rachel has is for the cash I think she'd trade Poyer in for someone with more money. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Looking like it…..until he signs an extension tomorrow.  🤣

on a serious note, I think he’s in control of his own destiny in Buffalo.  I think that we’ll offer him around 11M a year, like Milano.  If he wants more, I’d expect him to play out the season and leave as a FA, with hopes of landing a comp pick.  I doubt any team would even trade a 3rd rd pick for him.  

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Love Poyer. Love him. But you can't pay everyone.

Also, we've built an incredibly talented roster and have A LOT of comp picks coming our way if we let players like him go next offseason.

Poyer would probably net us a 3rd round comp pick.

When was last time the Bills got a comp pick?  The idea that the Bills will get a LOT of comp picks seems ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Bush tweeting and deleting a bunch ...jfc. You just hired a new agent.....let him do his thing. 

I’m still stunned that Poyer wasn’t the first man to say “Keep my wife’s name out of your ************* mouth!!!”

51 minutes ago, Mango said:

First of all, I would like to apologize to everybody here. I bought a Poyer jersey last year. These things tend to happen when I buy a jersey. 

To the bolded. I think Poyer and Hyde cover a lot of deficiencies for in our front 7. I get they are getting old, but I thought they both had another contract in them for sure. The Bills have not hit their front 7 picks out of the park by any means. Moving on from Poyer and Hyde could cause some issues. 

Unpopular opinion, but the Diggs contract gets me worried about this stuff. Josh Allen's feelings aside, I am not sure having the highest paid WR/QB tandem in the NFL is a long term recipe for success. 

Maybe a 1-year extension for both, but I dont think either of them would want that. Luckily we have a couple years until both would be gone.

I'm also hoping/planning on some of the young DL talent to develop and kind of take their place in a way, just opposite side of the defense. Once Oliver and Rousseau come fully into their own, and we get some decent production from Settle, Basham, and maybe even Epenesa, it will be the DL that will help the young, rookie Safeties look better.

These players are annoying. They have big money agents negotiating contracts for them, squeezing every penny out of the team they can and then whine a short time later about the contract that they signed willingly. 

Just like the rest of the free market, prices go up.  Can the guy who sold you a house last year come back and ask for more money because real estate prices went up? 

It’s getting really dumb. 

Edited by The 9 Isles
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’d get by with a middling defense without Jordan Poyer by stacking the offense and giving Allen more playmakers. 

This is not a zero-sum proposition, taking away from one side of the ball definitely hurts, look at the Super Bowl, it wasn't a shootout, defense was involved.  Or look at what the Bengals did to the Chiefs.  

I like the idea of stacking Allen with weapons but Poyer and Hyde are the quarterbacks of this defense and personally I wouldn't want to disrupt that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Kittle

Kelce

Andrews

Gronkowski

Pitts

Waller

Goedert

Schultz

Ertz

Henry/Fant/Hockenson is where Knox slides in imo

top 12-15ish

I respectfully disagree that Dalton Schultz or Zach Ertz are better than Knox. I recognize that they outproduced him statistically in 2021, but things like opportunity and offensive system play into that, in my opinion.

If I asked you right now whether you’d rather have Knox, Ertz, or Schultz, who would you pick?

I’ll grant you the first seven on your list. I’d probably put Hock above Knox, too. That puts Knox about 9th on my list. 

In any case, the arrow still seems to be pointing up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Poyer will be gone. Ik people don’t want to hear it but paying 2 safeties the amount of cap they do is not manageable as some of these contracts continue to balloon. They are also both 30+ their has to be a plan in place. Unless they think Damar Hamlin is that guy then they have to draft one high

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Re-signing Diggs likely means that one -- if not two -- of Knox, Edmunds, and Poyer will not be re-signed.

Given age and recent safety prospect visits, I'd list Poyer as the MOST likely not to be here in 2023.

I'm not commenting on that decision one way or the other. I love Jordan Poyer. Most underrated safety in the NFL. I'm just recognizing the reality that you can't pay everybody, and that a 32 year old safety seems like a logical choice to let walk after the season.

Hey, I saw this very comment on Twitter

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Only the highest paid Wr/QB tandem until the next tandem finishes signing!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.