Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Definitely agree w that assessment buffboyinATL.  Lets hope Edmunds gets moved on draft day.  

Definitely agree w that assessment buffboyinATL.  Lets hope Edmunds gets moved on draft day.  

You must SERIOUSLY AGREE! 

It happens. Ooops….

Doesn’t change the Bills/Beane’s future plans one iota,  this is a fan speculation opportunity…, oh, and Knox isn’t going anywhere, there are other more likely candidates that would be traded/let go, it’s the older guys and anyone perceived as an under performer regardless of position they play, that will be the first to go when that time comes, which frankly, is SOP in the league. 

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’ve legit never seen anyone watch their husband’s teammates pockets as closely as Rachel Bush 

I'm not a player but I can assure you that my ex-wife would put Rachel to shame with her pocket watching/penny pinching.

• Haha (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They won’t be paying the OL or RB much over the next 3 years. It all balances out. 

I hope we NEVER pay a RB a ton. Just use ‘em up, then get a new one. There are very few exceptions. I bet the Cowboy’s would like a do-over on Zeke’s contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think another 2 year extension can be had.   A 2 year extension. At $13m with $7m guaranteed, $5m signing with good possibility cutting him after 2 more seasons.

Pretty sure he's going to want more money than that since this is likely his last big NFL contract coming up.

Despite the Pegulas apparently giving Beane a blank checkbook this offseason, I would be surprised if there are any other in house deals and extensions anytime soon especially after Diggs mega contract. You can't keep everyone and out of the three big names that will be FA next year I predict Knox stays and Poyer/Edmunds are gone.

Edited by FilthyBeast

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope we NEVER pay a RB a ton. Just use ‘em up, then get a new one. There are very few exceptions. I bet the Cowboy’s would like a do-over on Zeke’s contract. 

I like it when the cowboys suffer from jurahs decision making, 

• Agree 1

Yeah this doesnt seem like it's moving in a good direction. When the wife gets involved all bets are off. Maybe the rumored trade up with a vet would involve Poyer. If Hamilton falls far enough they can trade up a few spots to get him replacement and Hamilton would immediately be the centerpiece of our secondary.

• Agree 1

I don't see the Bills getting rid of any vets that were integral to their success over the past two years.  If they are going all out for the Super Bowl, you don't create holes getting rid of veterans and then have to replace them with unknowns in the draft.   Poyer is counting almost $11M against the Cap this season.  It would not surprise me if the Bills extended him a year or two with a signing bonus to spread that out, like they did for Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Twenty, thirty years ago - the best team had triplets: an elite QB, WR, and RB.  I'd love to see Allen and Diggs acquire a Thurman to round them out.

But with the QB and - now - WR market being what it is, affording an elite RB is challenging if you have a signal caller and wideout on non-rookie contracts.   That's why, today, the NFL is more about doublets than triplets.

It  would be cool, though, if Beane and his guys got better at evaluating college RBs and managed to pick up a series of great ones in the draft on rookie deals.

38 minutes ago, Process said:

Are you including next year's first round pick too? Poyer is nowhere near enough to move you up 10 spots in round 1.

Don't tell that to Rachel Bush she seems to think he should be paid elite money for solid play, but hardly  irreplaceable with our scheme.   Our defense doesn't need to be dominant while we have Allen and the offense humming.  Yes moving on from Poyer may result a lower ranking but nowhere near enough to offset our offense so Bills win with or without Poyer up to him if he plays out his deal before moving on.  So by her reckoning we should get pick 10 for Jordan alone giving them 25 too is just icing on the cake.  

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't see the Bills getting rid of any vets that were integral to their success over the past two years.  If they are going all out for the Super Bowl, you don't create holes getting rid of veterans and then have to replace them with unknowns in the draft.   Poyer is counting almost $11M against the Cap this season.  It would not surprise me if the Bills extended him a year or two with a signing bonus to spread that out, like they did for Hyde.

I think so too.  Poyer was critical to the teams efforts, he's a leader and a director of the defense.  I don't think we rock the boat for the this upcoming year.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Beane doesn’t believe in comp picks...we either need to trade guys before their contract is up, or we’re likely not gonna get anything in return, unfortunately....

He believes in his own version of comp picks which is flipping guys he was going to cut for day 2 and day 3 picks 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Twenty, thirty years ago - the best team had triplets: an elite QB, WR, and RB.  I'd love to see Allen and Diggs acquire a Thurman to round them out.

But with the QB and - now - WR market being what it is, affording an elite RB is challenging if you have a signal caller and wideout on non-rookie contracts.   That's why, today, the NFL is more about doublets than triplets.

It  would be cool, though, if Beane and his guys got better at evaluating college RBs and managed to pick up a series of great ones in the draft on rookie deals.

draft Thurman in 2nd round this year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.