Jordan Poyer changes agents

Buffalo_Stampede

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rosenhaus has said he has a great relationship with Buffalo.

Plus I think if a player has played well and deserves a pay raise but it's not a bump the Bills can pay I think they do work with player to get best deal in a trade with no hard feelings and happy to help a deserving player.  So Poyer will get to decide if the deal he can get with Bills is acceptable or if he has to get what he can.  Either way Bills won't try to keep him f f om getting what he is worth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Lewis Cine just visited OBD the other day. His scouting report reminds me of Poyer. It's possible safety is in the conversation at 25 as much as that would make certain Bills fans roll their eyes.

And they met with Kyle Hamilton and Joe B today speculated that they might try to trade up for him if he starts to slide.  Plus Poyer/his wife seem to agitate about his contract every offseason.  He just put in his best season as a pro and has one last shot to get big money.  None of this is surprising.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Is this your way of saying you don’t believe Knox is a top 10 tight end?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Are you saying he is?

Knox: 

Receptions - 49 (18th)

Yards - 587 (15th)

Touchdowns - 9 (T-1st)

Yards / Reception - 12.0 (20th)

Deep Receptions - 5 (4th)

Deep Yards - 160 (T-3rd)

5 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Plus I think if a player has played well and deserves a pay raise but it's not a bump the Bills can pay I think they do work with player to get best deal in a trade with no hard feelings and happy to help a deserving player.  So Poyer will get to decide if the deal he can get with Bills is acceptable or if he has to get what he can.  Either way Bills won't try to keep him f f om getting what he is worth.

Poyer is probably looking for a little bump.

Just now, Malazan said:

Knox: 

Receptions - 49 (18th)

Yards - 587 (15th)

Touchdowns - 9 (T-1st)

Yards / Reception - 12.0 (20th)

Deep Receptions - 5 (4th)

Deep Yards - 160 (T-3rd)

He caught a lot of TDs no doubt. Outside that he’s still an average blocker and imo not really a candidate for top 10 best tight end in the NFL. And that’s less a knock on him than indicative of the depth of talent at that position.

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Re-signing Diggs likely means that one -- if not two -- of Knox, Edmunds, and Poyer will not be re-signed.

Given age and recent safety prospect visits, I'd list Poyer as the MOST likely not to be here in 2023.

I'm not commenting on that decision one way or the other. I love Jordan Poyer. Most underrated safety in the NFL. I'm just recognizing the reality that you can't pay everybody, and that a 32 year old safety seems like a logical choice to let walk after the season.

My order of importance of those 3 as of right now, is Knox, Poyer, Edmunds.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

uh oh.. 😳

https://askinglot.com/who-does-drew-rosenhaus-represent-in-the-nfl

"Notable players Rosenhaus has represented or represents include Antonio Brown, Chad Johnson, Frank Gore, Rex Grossman, Rob Gronkowski, LeSean McCoy, Jimmy Smith, Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Tyreek Hill, and Warren Sapp."

IIRC he had Johnny Manziel as well

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My order of importance of those 3 as of right now, is Knox, Poyer, Edmunds.

It’s crazy though because Our two defensive captains are Poyer and Edmunds but we’re talking like both are gone.

I don’t really know what is going to happen with them. Realistically it seems like there’s not enough cap space to go around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Re-signing Diggs likely means that one -- if not two -- of Knox, Edmunds, and Poyer will not be re-signed.

Given age and recent safety prospect visits, I'd list Poyer as the MOST likely not to be here in 2023.

I'm not commenting on that decision one way or the other. I love Jordan Poyer. Most underrated safety in the NFL. I'm just recognizing the reality that you can't pay everybody, and that a 32 year old safety seems like a logical choice to let walk after the season.

Truth.  

Although, if Beane can’t meet the desired price he might choose to trade him before this season starts.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.